Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Another moment of imminent danger is avoided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
That Moment was really good though. I'd say it's a top-3 moment in the LP

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Wheany posted:

That Moment was really good though. I'd say it's a top-3 moment in the LP

Not sure if you mean 'Moment' to mean co-commentator, or mean the Gatekeeper incident.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Who murdered Kate Vine? Get your last minute guesses in here before watching the thrilling conclusion to Contradiction.

Also maybe get a drink and just sit through me and Guava not realizing what piece of evidence we had to use to contradict Paul with. Game could have made a separate note or something to be a little more clear about it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Ah shame, you noticed it had been posted twice, and I really didn't want to make the "If I posted this twice... would it mean anything to you?" remark without any real context.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Well, this person's been proven to be willing to kill, I better tell them who they should have targeted."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"What's up with Jenks's hat?" I actually have the same type of hat. I don't know if there's a name for the style, I just call them Tilley after the brand I know them from. Heavy canvas construction and a wide brim makes it useful for outdoors stuff like a cowboy hat, but since it doesn't have a hard shell it can deal with all sorts of rough handling. I could see it for stereotypical England weather; I mainly use it as a gardening hat but I've also found it useful for drizzles that don't get up to umbrella standards but demand at least a little concession to keeping the rain off, and it doesn't mind getting wet like some fashion hats I've seen.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Cooked Auto posted:

Ah shame, you noticed it had been posted twice, and I really didn't want to make the "If I posted this twice... would it mean anything to you?" remark without any real context.

Twitch's export function is kind of glitchy.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Simon vs Jenks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAEgCi5vtw

(Please note that the person who played Simon now goes by the name Huld and uses ve/them pronouns)

Huld is also in At Dead of Night.

Also, can I suggest the game Strange Horticulture - you play as someone who prescribes plants to people (not sure if salvia divinorum is available) and you get to pet a cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v69Jp10nLK8

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It's good that they understand what a beautiful thing they made.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I guessed the wrong person as the murderer. Oh well!

LobsterMobster posted:

Simon vs Jenks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXAEgCi5vtw

(Please note that the person who played Simon now goes by the name Huld and uses ve/them pronouns)

This is lovely

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

LobsterMobster posted:

Also, can I suggest the game Strange Horticulture - you play as someone who prescribes plants to people (not sure if salvia divinorum is available) and you get to pet a cat

I was gifted this game and feel bad for accepting it and making someone else spend money on me. It was boring as hell.

Maybe if you like really dull slow quasi chuthulu-ish games and reading a lot.

e: I feel bad for making GBS threads on this game, and by extension Lobsters recommendation. It was just too slow for me, with no structure or plot for me to latch on to after two hours of gameplay i just shelved it and never thought about it again.

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 8, 2022

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Since you two kept pondering it: When you saw the scene in the woods, Jenks specifically said afterwards: "I could just ask Ryan or Paul directly about this, but I think I'll bide my time..." That's probably why the game didn't give it to you as its own clue.

That ending though. :allears: Man, I hope these people do another. What does Wikipedia have to say on the matter...

Possible Sequel posted:

While Follin would love to make a sequel, he has not-so-fond memories of the incredibly strenuous effort he put into making the first game. For a sequel to ever come to pass, he would need to amass a suitable budget and pay professionals to do all the tasks he had to learn himself. A potential evolution of the series would be by approaching Amazon TV, thereby turning it from a video game into an interactive TV show. Due to a lack of funding, Follin was forced to invest thousands of pounds of his own money to finish his vision of the game; even then he had to cut many of his story threads. For this reason, according to him, a sequel depends on "whether I make my investment back on this one first." Once the player finishes the game, there is a plea by the developers to contribute to the crowdfunding effort to make the sequel a reality.

Due to the ATLAS element of the game not having a satisfactory conclusion in Contradiction, Follin would like the sequel to draw to a close this story, before spending the rest of the game embarking on a brand new adventure with Inspector Jenks. A larger budget would see added physical interaction to the gameplay, a different location such as a coastal setting, and a night and day structure which would take place over a week rather than Contradiction's seven hours.
Well... Maybe!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Jade Star posted:

I was gifted this game and feel bad for accepting it and making someone else spend money on me. It was boring as hell.

Maybe if you like really dull slow quasi chuthulu-ish games and reading a lot.

e: I feel bad for making GBS threads on this game, and by extension Lobsters recommendation. It was just too slow for me, with no structure or plot for me to latch on to after two hours of gameplay i just shelved it and never thought about it again.

Yeah. Strange Horitculture is a quiet little riddle game, basically. And while the plot does go somewhere, minor/premise spoiler you are stuck as this pivotal third-party, changing what happens but not being there for much of it.. Which makes the start even slower.

Also thanks for all the Contradiction videos! I watched another playthrough of it years ago and ended up buying a copy because it felt like I'd played it. Was surprised how well it held up to a second pass at it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

If I told you I really liked this intermission game you LP'd... Would it mean anything to you?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Jade Star posted:

Not sure if you mean 'Moment' to mean co-commentator, or mean the Gatekeeper incident.

Well, come to think of it, both. The co-commentator is definitely one of the top 3 guava moments.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

You know how I usually go into a mission with a plan, all properly set up with the tools at hand for what I need because I am a smart XCom man and I make everything look easy? Yeah well not this time. Had I possessed a working long term memory I would have remembered the nature of this mission and what tools I should have brought to it. Oh well. I adapt on the fly and can improvise.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
This is a mission that's at it's hardest when you first play it, then afterwards you know its tricks and can work around them fairly easily.

...unless a Chosen comes into play. Then things get interesting again. Ironically, for how annoying she is usually, the Assassin is probably the easiest, since she'll just run up and get in your biz before you even have to start dealing with the Chrysallids. Never had it with the Warlock, but I got on the Hunter on this mission once and oh dear lord does he make this mission an absolute bear.

See, he does his thing of sniping you across the map from the end there, right? Except he does his grappling dance right behind the drat gate. So after dodging his shots and dealing with the burrowing Chrysallids, you'll probably have to deal with him, the Gatekeeper, and the Chrysallid guards all at once. Hope you didn't burn your once-per-missions getting up there like I foolishly did!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Guava in the last LP: Hunter Protocol is the best ability! You can kill a whole pod with it!

Guava in this LP: *Hunter Protocol goes off and gets a kill* wait who got that kill? how did Julian shoot twice?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The Shame Boy posted:

Guava in the last LP: Hunter Protocol is the best ability! You can kill a whole pod with it!

Guava in this LP: *Hunter Protocol goes off and gets a kill* wait who got that kill? how did Julian shoot twice?

Jade's not the only one with memory problems. It's just that Guava's are likely toddler-induced.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Should we just start sending you parts/MicroCenter gift cards/obscure local root beers?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nothing makes you feel better than moonshine, to be fair. But only when it comes from a real bathtub in the middle of nowhere Appalachia.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
For dealing with Chryssalid's a ranger with the assassin's katana and blademaster should be able to kill them every time they enter bladestorm range.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Looking up IRQL_not_less_or_equal, I see that it can involve any faulty component of the machine i.e. incompatible driver, faulty interaction between different hardware and components, corrupt system files, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRQL_(Windows)

It could be the RAM, but there is a procedure to pinpoint the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

Fire Storm posted:

Should we just start sending you parts/MicroCenter gift cards/obscure local root beers?

I am not sure about "parts" given that we do not know the specs of his computer, so we might end up sending incompatible or inefficient parts. The latter two things sounds good (though I am unsure if he lives near a MicroCenter).

Flair fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 16, 2022

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

The Shame Boy posted:

I've had a fever all week and I've been making doing stupid things like this the entire time. I'm not even editing that last sentence to prove it, my brain is overheated mush, like a bowl of refried beans.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

This is a mission that's at it's hardest when you first play it, then afterwards you know its tricks and can work around them fairly easily.

...unless a Chosen comes into play. Then things get interesting again. Ironically, for how annoying she is usually, the Assassin is probably the easiest, since she'll just run up and get in your biz before you even have to start dealing with the Chrysallids. Never had it with the Warlock, but I got on the Hunter on this mission once and oh dear lord does he make this mission an absolute bear.

See, he does his thing of sniping you across the map from the end there, right? Except he does his grappling dance right behind the drat gate. So after dodging his shots and dealing with the burrowing Chrysallids, you'll probably have to deal with him, the Gatekeeper, and the Chrysallid guards all at once. Hope you didn't burn your once-per-missions getting up there like I foolishly did!
I can see the Warlock being a bit of an annoyance due to his Spectral Army ability. If he were to pop that, not only would have enemies that like to run waist deep into your formations and blow up, you'd have to deal with those and the burrowed Chrysalids surprising you at the same time. Thus, you'd have to pick and choose what you use actions on because of the dual threat. But, this is the Warlock we're talking about. The dude is only really threatening in the early game or if you let him run wild/the game decides to spite you.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I have to say, the mission picture not having the fifth guy is a pretty good fakeout.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
drat you, Jade

I told myself there was absolutely no way you were going to get anything but a big fat failure after all those pods, which clearly shows I'm not taking your luck seriously

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I do love the MEC glitching out in death by being locked into a "Oh gently caress, get me out of here!" running away pose.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Swamp face would pretty much describe me after If I managed to get through a mission like that.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:rip: me during that Andromedon encounter, drat. That mission was a hell of a ride.

And I will gladly take that promotion. :smug:

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
That's plot armor if ever I saw it

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Oh you utterly bullshit lucky bastard :mmmhmm:. Yeah, they're never going to be used again, because they're all permanently maimed if not in comas, those medbay time to heal estimates are just to make braindead replacement clones so the Commander doesn't feel bad. They'll just shamble along in the Avenger responding to the Commander saying hi with low zombie moans and he'll buy it and never realize those people are going away to a nursing home for the rest of their shortened lives. Though speaking of going away, I'm surprised with all those injuries none of those newbies panicked; did that guy's fear get generated because he suppressed the urge to scream and run so much during the mission seeing anyone else succumb will trigger him?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'd call it malice if a person designed that mission, jeeze

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Jesus gently caress man, what kind of horrible things did you have to do to get that kind of luck? :magical:

Re: Calling evac after completing one objective, iirc it still counts as a full failure unless you install a mod to change it.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
you had NO RIGHT to get through that one
speaking from experience: that would've been a wipe for me 100%. I'd have evac'd on the first casualty and eaten the loving penalty instead.

mortons stork fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 29, 2022

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Re: Tygan going "...Gee, thanks, I guess?" on the Chrysallid corpse:

The best reaction to (admittedly off brand) Chrysallid science report comes from the science officer in Xenonauts (A love letter to the original XCOM it's much more 80's themed "NATO and Warsaw Pact put aside their differences because holy poo poo invasion!). You can bring one of the game's oddly buff Chrysallids (called Reapers) back to base alive and the autopsy report is one of the most hilarious pieces of writing in the game as the science officer is NOT HAPPY.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
You need to take that team of 5 and use them for The Final Battle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Well let’s see how ol’ JadeStar manages to wriggle out of this one!
Ah! Well, nevertheless.