Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

This is my beautiful Maggie who passed away a couple months ago. She had a good long life and she was the best. Her older sister (Nixie, 19) is a lich and we don’t think she’ll ever die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rest in peace maggie, the largest cat to ever live.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
My wife and I have two cats who she named Kofi and Jericho. Mother and daughter respectively. They’re stupid and idiots and I love them.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

:)

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

While I hate to be a party pooper we should keep this thread for feedback.

However I am not heartless. Post your pets here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4011692

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pepe and Sheldon, respectively

Send me to jail for posting them idgaf

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

It was four minutes after my post so you get the benefit of the doubt. Because you have till 5.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Critical posted:

This thread seems to think that the "words before buttons" philosophy is best, and I very much tend to agree. You may have noticed in the AEW thread. A slight nudging of the conversation seem to have helped keep the thread from hurtling completely off the rails. Also spent most of the night last night nearly in tears laughing at some of the posts in there, so I appreciate the effort of everyone to keep sane.

That being said, I realize that it can be a thin line to walk sometimes and I don't want to smother conversation. If you feel like that may be happening, please let me know. My PMs are open for pretty much any reason.

Your whole post was good but this in particular is awesome - this method (outside of a few people that just can't stop melting down and refuse to take a hint over the years) seems to work best to keep everyone happy without going buck wild with probations

please don't go nuts modding this place, you seem to have your poo poo together and it's already claimed so many souls

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Modding has been good and I also appreciate you both just continuing to post like posters

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Orange Carlisle posted:

Your whole post was good but this in particular is awesome - this method (outside of a few people that just can't stop melting down and refuse to take a hint over the years) seems to work best to keep everyone happy without going buck wild with probations

please don't go nuts modding this place, you seem to have your poo poo together and it's already claimed so many souls

It’s true Jerusalem has been dead since 97

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

and did those feet
in ancient times
mod the unruly PSP?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im gonna eat your cats

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

JOHN CENA posted:

im gonna eat your cats

we got a regular ALF over here, folks

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

outside of that one poster that physically can't stop themselves from melting down at every chance the aew thread has been the funniest it's been in a long time so thanks to cm punk for being a petty messy bitch completely unprovoked and to our moderators for being chill

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Orange Carlisle posted:

outside of that one poster that physically can't stop themselves from melting down at every chance the aew thread has been the funniest it's been in a long time so thanks to cm punk for being a petty messy bitch completely unprovoked and to our moderators for being chill

:yeah:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

i honestly think it's 95% that everyone is able to concentrate on the asininity (is this a word?) of the drama so no one is arguing about the women or hangers booking or whatever the gently caress we get into slapfights every week about. we will take the 5% credit though.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Critical posted:

i honestly think it's 95% that everyone is able to concentrate on the asininity (is this a word?) of the drama so no one is arguing about the women or hangers booking or whatever the gently caress we get into slapfights every week about. we will take the 5% credit though.

the mma threads were always united for short periods of time by conor mcgregor meltdowns and jon jones' brushes with the law so it's good to see the wrestling threads get their version

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

There is a finite amount of derangement in the AEW universe so when the company gets whacky the thread gets very civil & fun. The eternal balance.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

If Dynamite is good it will be very bittersweet, like the end of the breakfast club

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sticky the Pet thread for Petsember.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Evil Badman posted:

Sticky the Pet thread for Petsember.

Oh yeah of course. done.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Hey just we should prolly have a stickied rules thread for posters new to the PSP experience

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
PSP currently has no rules.

Maybe make good rules. Keep the good ones throw out the bad ones. The no hornyposting one was good. I liked that one.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

IGgy IGsen posted:

PSP currently has no rules.

Maybe make good rules. Keep the good ones throw out the bad ones. The no hornyposting one was good. I liked that one.
From what I've gathered the unwritten rules are

Don't be openly horny, nobody wants to know what you're into.
Keep people with awful opinions like Cornette quarantined
Don't post people who probably have real issues in the bad opinions thread
Try not to dog-pile on people who are being sincere. When they aren't, don't pile on too hard

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

From what I've gathered the unwritten rules are

Don't be openly horny, nobody wants to know what you're into.
Keep people with awful opinions like Cornette quarantined
Don't post people who probably have real issues in the bad opinions thread
Try not to dog-pile on people who are being sincere. When they aren't, don't pile on too hard

Also for the bad opinions thread, guys who are just racist, transphobic, etc aren’t interesting or funny, bad opinion posts should be funny for other reasons than they have harmful beliefs

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

those are all pretty good rules

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I think a rules thread would be prudent since traffic is going up a bit. 150 page weekly thread is pretty insane. Will discuss.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
A rule should be if you are legit, seriously mad, or upset, and are about to take it out on another poster, take like 3 minutes to breath, and consider what you are about to post.

I call it the Three Minute Warning rule.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I think the last AEW general thread - the Punk Meltdown and the night of the long posts - should be goldmined.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Anyone who had Death Triangle vs Best Friends as the finals should definitely become a mod. I don't think anyone predicted it but that's what we're getting.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

Anyone who had Death Triangle vs Best Friends as the finals should definitely become a mod. I don't think anyone predicted it but that's what we're getting.

Went back and checked on this, turns out no one did.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

karmicknight posted:

Went back and checked on this, turns out no one did.
I had to go back and check and they were on different brackets and could've become the finals. How many predicted Best Friends or Death Triangle as champions?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OPAONI posted:

the night of the long posts

Goddamn :xd:

And agree it should be goldmined, what an amazing thread.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Goldmine this thread already
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4011537

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
>run "goldmine.exe"

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

karmicknight posted:

>run "goldmine.exe"