Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

tmfc posted:

because honestly who even actually likes mickey mouse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

telling on myself here but i've actually never played a single KH game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

tmfc posted:

I've played 3 of them, you're fine, perhaps even better off.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
neon white - all ace and one dev medal, :dukedog: got the bad ending cause i didn't bother with any of the gifts/coins or the rush thing at the end. game was fun, good progression to the level difficulty taht reminded me of lovely planet with some extra mechanics. fun to grind the levels and get into a flow. story was embarrassing like people mentioned but i expected something worse from the devs of donut county

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

during the pandemic I decided to play through all 3 kingdom hearts games in 2020 and there is a vine swinging segment in tarzan or whatever in KH1 and I got so angry that I had to take off work the next day

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
I did not end up playing 2 or 3 lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
There's nine kingdom hearts games and they're all important.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've played almost every KH game but I skipped the DS ones that reuse the levels from KH1. Namaste

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Devil May Cry 5

(Nero/V/Dante and Vergil, Normal, Son of Sparda, DMD)

God tier game. The best of the series. The level of complexity is ridiculous. I'm obsessed with this game but still feel like I barely scratched the surface with Dante and Vergil. If for some reason a sequel doesn't happen this is a perfect note to end the series on. Stuff gets incorporated from every DMC game and the anime. Probably tops Bayonetta as my all-time favorite character action game.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i played kh1 chain of memories and kh2 when they came out and disliked kh2 so much that i never touched another game in the series again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
kingdom hearts is win

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

i played kh1 chain of memories and kh2 when they came out and disliked kh2 so much that i never touched another game in the series again

Wtf. KH2 is one of the best games of all time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

That Little Demon posted:

during the pandemic I decided to play through all 3 kingdom hearts games in 2020 and there is a vine swinging segment in tarzan or whatever in KH1 and I got so angry that I had to take off work the next day

that tarzan world is so hosed up i dont think you actually need to swing on the vines at all

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

elf help book posted:

that tarzan world is so hosed up i dont think you actually need to swing on the vines at all

i;m one of those get every item in RPGs type guys even though I rarely use items so it drove me insane

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tmfc posted:

my family went to Disney World around the time KH2 was getting hyped up and the Innovations Plaza or w/e at EPCOT had a playable demo that i tried, but my 7 year old brain couldn't really grasp a game that wasn't a straight-ahead Mario platformer and i think that planted some kind of subconscious seed since i've never had the urge to check it or any of the other KH games out since

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man 3 - great game. better than 1 and 2

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
29. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest 3D (100% Completion)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

69) Hypnospace Outlaw (full archive)

KH is a great series. Sometimes it's legitimately great and sometimes its so dumb and hokey it's great but it's never a bad time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I've played almost every KH game but I skipped the DS ones that reuse the levels from KH1. Namaste

yeah re:coded is the only one i probably shoulda skipped...its just degraded kh1 levels with Cubes + a worse version of the BBS skill system + a completely pointless story. unsurprising considering its a mobile game from like 2006 lol

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Chill Callahan posted:

neon white - all ace and one dev medal, :dukedog: got the bad ending cause i didn't bother with any of the gifts/coins or the rush thing at the end. game was fun, good progression to the level difficulty taht reminded me of lovely planet with some extra mechanics. fun to grind the levels and get into a flow. story was embarrassing like people mentioned but i expected something worse from the devs of donut county

im on the back half of the game right now and i feel the cringe is mostly in the 1st half of the game, especially when yellow dies. i seriously wooted and said thank god irl when that happened. i like the premise of the game but the writing really brings it down

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Wtf. KH2 is one of the best games of all time.

KH2 owns extremely hard

it's the last KH I've played but I sort of want to try to get back into the series. It's so many games to play though...

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

yeah re:coded is the only one i probably shoulda skipped...its just degraded kh1 levels with Cubes + a worse version of the BBS skill system + a completely pointless story. unsurprising considering its a mobile game from like 2006 lol

They were right to turn re:coded and the bizarre flash MMO into feature-length cutscenes for the remaster, but they should have made a re:358/2 days.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kingdom Hearts Re:Tarded

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I’ve only played 1 but it’s the only game I’ve ever totally 100%ed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

KH1 was maybe the first time I put in the effort to beat a video game superboss because I got really stubborn and absolutely had to beat Sephiroth

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hikaru Utada songs in KH, ftw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Attack on IO (7 levels for Doom II, 2021. UV pistol start). 5/5. an awesome mix of hell and techbase themed maps that strike a nice balance of exploration and sick fights, with different maps emphasizing these strengths in various balance. the aesthetics and level design were pitch perfect, eveyrthing is like a 7 - 15 minute dense trip, theres enough variety in the rooms while maintaining a really consisted corrupted hellbase tone...loved it. i think MAP07 was too hard on UV bc its got kind of acramped slaughtery arena at the end that im bad at handling, so maybe i shoulda bumped it to HMP. highly recommended.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Nutmeg posted:

im on the back half of the game right now and i feel the cringe is mostly in the 1st half of the game, especially when yellow dies. i seriously wooted and said thank god irl when that happened. i like the premise of the game but the writing really brings it down

I skipped everything after the first cutscene

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Chill Callahan posted:

I skipped everything after the first cutscene

its for the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Asmodeus Cursed Sanctuary (1 map for ZDoom, 2022. UV). 3/5. pretty decent zdoom map i guess. kinda just a lot of hallways + arenas, but gussied up bc there was scripting and portals and other fancy effects to give you a distraction from just arena battles. nice texturing and visual design.