Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
My favorite result so far, SD using the web demo:

Prompt: full color photograph of a border collie at a DJ turntable with fireworks and laser lights, vibrant, colorful, sharp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
If this came out last year I could have made SO MUCH money off complete idiots with stupid loving NFTs

click for absolutely loving huge

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WhiteHowler posted:

The image in the upper right is cool as heck.

Once they're more user-friendly to install locally, I'm looking forward to using one of these to help run tabletop RPGs online. "The new court magician has a white beard with streaks of purple and and a wicked-looking scar across his... you know what, hang on... he looks like this".

you should buy a midjourny subscription. its $30 per month for unlimited renders in slow mode. I am making DM material as we speak, in the background! i've only had it a few days and i've made at least 1200 things :v:

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Just playing around with MJ:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i've been having good results with midjourney asking for vague things and single word prompts

time

god

power

youth

a life well lived

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Rutibex posted:

i've been having good results with midjourney asking for vague things and single word prompts

time

god

power

youth

a life well lived

seems it has a color palette it likes to use

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Rutibex posted:

you should buy a midjourny subscription. its $30 per month for unlimited renders in slow mode. I am making DM material as we speak, in the background! i've only had it a few days and i've made at least 1200 things :v:

Oh, nice. That sounds worth it for a month

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
New Waifu diffusion just dropped for SD

https://storage.googleapis.com/ws-store2/wd-v1-2-full-ema.ckpt

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Why in all hell is MJ using discord for front end. I don't want social scrolling noise of everybody elses' stupid projects. I just want a prompt for my things, goddamit.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

crowd surfing and stage diving at the pennywise show at warped tour 2003, stage photo, bluray still

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Why in all hell is MJ using discord for front end. I don't want social scrolling noise of everybody elses' stupid projects. I just want a prompt for my things, goddamit.

You can invite the bot into a private chat.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

frumpykvetchbot posted:

to incentivize people to pay for premium

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

doesn't seem that different from the normal model

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Tunicate posted:

to incentivize people to pay for premium

Sure, but even their top tier $50/month (billed annually) "enterprise" plan still goes through discord, which is gibberish to me. Is this what getting old is like? I'm like not into compulsory social experiences.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Tunicate posted:

doesn't seem that different from the normal model

It seems lot more coherent for anime stuff.

Same seed, "son goku driving a car"
Waifu: SD:

But it makes everything anime:
Same seed, "Formal portrait of Barack Obama"
Waifu: SD:

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

lunar detritus posted:

It seems lot more coherent for anime stuff.

Same seed, "son goku driving a car"
SD:

Yeah I got a whole lot of this for anything Dragon Ball, I just kinda assumed it might have been trained on all the terrible DB fanart out there.

I tried to do a fusion between Goku and Alf though and got some cool stuff

Then I did one starting from a picture of myself with just "Saiyan" for the phrase. Had to adjust the strength a lot for it, and 99% of the results were garbage but

:cool:

Now I've been trying to do human chimpanzee hybrids for the last half hour but it just keeps giving me normal chimps with boobs/weird nipples :/

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

seems like going to safebooru and stealing a list of tags works decently with the anime model

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 8, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

BrainDance posted:

Could anyone explain the general principle behind how stable diffusion works? But not in an incredibly technical way because I'm only so smart.

If you take an image and then add a little bit of noise to it, you get a slightly noisier, but recognizable picture. Now you do it again 500 times and you probably have an image that is just noise. (arrow from left to right)

What if you start with noise and modify it just a little bit and try to make it look like a cat? (arrow from right to left)

There is one neural net called CLIP that looks at images and gives them a textual description. It basically goes "My best guess is that this is 'a picture of a cat lying on a table.' I'm 9% sure"

The other neural net then tries to modify the noisy image and try to make the percentage as high as possible.

The two neural nets have been trained with millions of image-description pairs on thousands of machines for hundreds of hours to get them to be good at it. It is very expensive.

That is the "not incredibly technical way" of describing the process.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Interestingly, given the amount of classical art that was clearly in the training set, and ironically given the name, Stable Diffusion doesn't seem to really know what a centaur is. It seems to give you horses, or maybe people on horses.

(The weeb version is even worse, it just gives you people; but it wants everything to be an anime girl so I'm not surprised)

Brutal Garcon fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Sep 8, 2022

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Dall-e 2 knows what a "succubus" is and apparently it's too sexy for me. I must be satisfied with simple "demon girls" :(

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Playing around with the weeb model.

It kinda knows who "Kujo Jotaro" is, in that it gave me a handsome angular dark-haired man. I also said he should have a hat, which it has taken to heart.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
So, I was trying to go for a field of crucified mecha in SD, but I got crucifix mecha instead.

"Field of crucified japanese mecha, Hyper Detail, 8K, HD, Octane Rendering, Unreal Engine, V-Ray, full hd"

Switched it up to Hello Kitty characters and got something weird and delightful and kinda messed up when you look in the background.

"Field of crucified hello kitty characters, Hyper Detail, 8K, HD, Octane Rendering, Unreal Engine, V-Ray, full hd"

Golgotha has never looked so cute.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 8, 2022

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Wheany posted:

If you take an image and then add a little bit of noise to it, you get a slightly noisier, but recognizable picture. Now you do it again 500 times and you probably have an image that is just noise. (arrow from left to right)

What if you start with noise and modify it just a little bit and try to make it look like a cat? (arrow from right to left)

There is one neural net called CLIP that looks at images and gives them a textual description. It basically goes "My best guess is that this is 'a picture of a cat lying on a table.' I'm 9% sure"

The other neural net then tries to modify the noisy image and try to make the percentage as high as possible.

The two neural nets have been trained with millions of image-description pairs on thousands of machines for hundreds of hours to get them to be good at it. It is very expensive.

That is the "not incredibly technical way" of describing the process.

Basically we've trained a machine to imagine by teaching it to forget in reverse

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

First version of a SD photoshop plugin just launched.

https://t.co/gqFWpABQLY

Haven't tested it myself yet. Getting the feeling this doesn't use your own gpu. But still!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mindblast posted:

Haven't tested it myself yet. Getting the feeling this doesn't use your own gpu. But still!

The discord says it uses Dream Studio API, which I'm not sure supports inpainting this might just be you can quickly load it make modifications and send back to img2img. I do usually have GIMP open when working in SD locally so it's not a horrible idea but I'd much prefer a local and full featured plugin (and for GIMP I'm not paying Adobe every month for a hobby)

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

Mindblast posted:

Yeah it's using the dream studio API, so the rendering is cloud-based. Probably the easiest way to get going.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Having fun rendering raccoons and trashcans in the style of famous artists

Van Gogh

This one is Thomas Kinkade

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

And here is a Thomas Kinkade McMansion

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

pixaal posted:

The discord says it uses Dream Studio API, which I'm not sure supports inpainting this might just be you can quickly load it make modifications and send back to img2img. I do usually have GIMP open when working in SD locally so it's not a horrible idea but I'd much prefer a local and full featured plugin (and for GIMP I'm not paying Adobe every month for a hobby)

What about Krita?

https://github.com/sddebz/stable-diffusion-krita-plugin

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

This is the real, true way. If you're died in the wool photoshop it isn't that difficult to get going with Krita only to have Stable Diffusion running locally on your own machine in a true image editing suite.

That Photoshop plugin looks great but burning your Dreamstudio credits blindly in Photoshop seems bad.

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
In honour of the news, this is the best I could do with SD without too much effort.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Freddy Kruger in the style of Lisa Frank -- Midjourney

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
New Trinart tuning just dropped more anime: https://huggingface.co/naclbit/trinart_stable_diffusion_v2

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 8, 2022

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Burning Rain posted:

In honour of the news, this is the best I could do with SD without too much effort.

Stable Diffusion posted:

her undead royal highness queen elizabeth smiling,
silver curly hair, wearing a gigantic crown, funeral portrait
by bernie wrightson, richard corben, frank frazetta, wally wood,
detailed white wrinkly skin, regal, stately

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i just did 'zombie Queen Elizabeth rises from the grave, 4k blu ray still --testp' in midjourney

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

We doing a creepy queen theme tonight? I'm in when I'm home

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Freddy Kruger in the style of Lisa Frank -- Midjourney

That's just Bobby Liebling

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guess I'll just quote my own post from ~a week ago (in the UK megathread):

WhatEvil posted:

Queen Elizabeth II the eternal lich, sitting on her throne of skulls:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
detailed photo of an old bronze patina statue of undead Queen Elizabeth II, photorealism, intricate detail, museum diffuse lighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012