Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
top upcoming animes

Gundam
Bleach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
no talking about anime

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It is not acceptable, under any circumstances, to advocate for billions to be killed in nuclear hellfire.

Bullshit, I do it all the time

THE PROMPT AND TOTAL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION OF EVERY CITY ON EARTH IS THE ONLY PATH BY WHICH MAMMALS SURVIVE THIS MILLENNIUM

See? ez

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
Climate change cooking us all to death is ultimately powered by the sun so i think that technically counts as nuclear annihilation

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Car Hater posted:

Bullshit, I do it all the time

THE PROMPT AND TOTAL NUCLEAR ANNIHILATION OF EVERY CITY ON EARTH IS THE ONLY PATH BY WHICH MAMMALS SURVIVE THIS MILLENNIUM

See? ez

Stereotype, you know what to do

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

it would be cool if all this dumb poo poo wasn't happening

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Shifty Nipples posted:

it would be cool if all this dumb poo poo wasn't happening

otoh maybe its :krad:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

otoh maybe its :krad:

oh it is

it's both things at the same time

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

nothing matters/nothing matters.png

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Stereotype, you know what to do

It's not anime

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Rime posted:

More than five years ago I made two one-liner posts in a thread for an anime which was (and according to google, still is) being broadcast on Adult Swim and major streaming services, never finished watching it, and promptly forgot it existed.

Multiple emails with members of the administration team over the past month has confirmed that they consider these two half-decade old posts sufficient grounds for CSPAM users to repeatedly and graphically accuse me of pedophilia, and they will be doing nothing to stop it nor will they be removing the defamatory posts. The most vocal user involved has subsequently been made a moderator, shortly afterwards CSPAM tried to start a rumor that I was "suing" the forums - which is absurd but demonstrates the degree to which some members here have become unhinged.

I consider this to be an extremely hosed up moderation policy, one which openly supports the witchhunting of forums members by disturbed individuals, and as such will no longer be participating here. The proliferation of private goon discords has allowed for a degree of targeted forums attacks which the old offsite spinoffs never even dreamed of, and as time goes on I doubt anyone here will be safe from doxxing by them.

I have better things to do with my life. As the chinese proverb goes: Enjoy yourself. It is later than you think.

That Wint tweet. "I'm not mad. Please don't put in the newspaper that I'm mad."

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Captain planet is an anime and he could save us all

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZzlFKJ5bxg

lol canals in California don't go downhill anymore because the central valley keeps sinking faster and faster

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.thexylom.com/post/have-a-drink-ethanol-helps-crop-plants-survive-drought-and-heat

alcohol, it's what plants crave

[commercial with droopy, wilting, shriveled plants, the sun sadly setting. The silhouette of a farmer walks in front of the giant red disk and pours out a beer. Suddenly some Groot-like creatures are up all night partying]

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 02:54 on Sep 8, 2022

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWD4RC8m7Y

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

a friend of mine raised a good point today, if you don't have kids you've essentially taken one whole human's (or more) worth of future carbon out of the equation, and therefore your carbon footprint is lower than child havers. what's the threads opinion on the ethics of childless people eating big fat steaks

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

lol canals in California don't go downhill anymore because the central valley keeps sinking faster and faster

i hope it sinks all the way to the magma layer

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

smoobles posted:

a friend of mine raised a good point today, if you don't have kids you've essentially taken one whole human's (or more) worth of future carbon out of the equation, and therefore your carbon footprint is lower than child havers. what's the threads opinion on the ethics of childless people eating big fat steaks

nothing matters

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

smoobles posted:

*nodding head* school shooters are climate activist

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
leave rime alone!!!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Shifty Nipples posted:

nothing matters

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

smoobles posted:

doesn't matter. they can afford to because they don't have kids to feed

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Shifty Nipples posted:

nothing matters

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

smoobles posted:

This is the kind of reasoning that justifies liquidating actually existing people and children.
You shouldn't have children because creating a child to live in a world where clean drinking water is increasingly unavailable is just insane and cruel.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

do we deserve to survive? should we continue on no matter the cost?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I often think about Riot Bimbo's dream (I think it was Riot Bimbo?) about surviving a nuclear blast and being trapped indoors avoiding the nuclear fallout on the other side of the door. In the end, she dies but by the time she died she had sent people to their death's knowingly, struggled, fought, and suffered. She would have preferred instead to have spent that same time not swimming against the current but hugging her loved ones. On the other side of death she thought here I caused so much extra suffering, I gave up so much for so little because the life I gained was one of continued desperation. All fear when I should have been participating in love instead.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

CODChimera posted:

do we deserve to survive? should we continue on no matter the cost?

did the cyanobacteria deserve to survive the great oxygenation event?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

coal companies are also trying to claim carbon credits from not mining coal they were never going to mine in the first place, goons not having children works a similar way

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

Lmao

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Stereotype posted:

that’s actually the best way to deal with it, but remeltrifying it and enriching it are super similar and America decided it’s better to have ten million gallons of pretty dangerous stuff instead of one gallon of super dangerous stuff.

Is remeltrify a technical term? I tried googling it but I got 0 results.

Am I on a list now?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Stereotype posted:

cool

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

drama around here (SA) has always been so weird to me

anyway, thanks for the posts rime

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if you actually remember who posts what when u could instead be focusing all your posting energy on cranking out an average of 1-ish post per day for the sole purpose of someone quoting it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Imagine being a poster on this forum and being a Known Personality

I think that's when you know you're just a bit too online here

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

what is life, but one tl;dr post

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Trabisnikof posted:

coal companies are also trying to claim carbon credits from not mining coal they were never going to mine in the first place, goons not having children works a similar way

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
sure seems to be a lot of long-lasting heat waves around the world lately, wonder what that's about

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Laterite posted:

sure seems to be a lot of long-lasting heat waves around the world lately, wonder what that's about

Don't worry about it, you really need to focus on what's important like have you even heard of quiet quitting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
hmm, perfect September weather here. not that bad yet imo

gonna go admire nature some more while it still exists