Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ultrafilter posted:

On reflection, I'm not sure whether it's "sandwich that tastes like (sandwich with chicken)" or "(sandwich that tastes like sandwich) with chicken".

Has to be the second. Making a sandwich that tastes like sandwich is pretty easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You've doomed us all.

https://twitter.com/PCCDPod/status/1567368326891950081

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

NOT EVERY EVIL SUPERNATURAL THING IS A DEMON! Get your head out of Jesus's rear end! It's like saying all carnivores are wolves, and there are things out there much, much worse than christian demons.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Oh great, someone sort of remembered the plot from Neal Stephenson’s The Diamond Age.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
old tales revised for modern times

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m pretty sure that has happened multiple times. I remember one that was Mother and Son.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

79124 Lake Club Dr, Indio, CA 92203

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

drat, this is just begging to be turned into a poster for a horror movie. I'm thinking a movie called "GARY" because it's about the people of Gary, Indiana going insane as their town rots and decays around them.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, I've seen that one, that's the one with the skull that just pops out and is like

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARY!!!!!!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

The cursed part is this new style of tweet which is "my cousin's roommate's professor's wife said this happened to them" with hundreds of thousands of likes. I decided to actually find the tweet to see if they posted the tiktok and they did:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7137144530477796654

The tiktok isn't even the actual woman who this supposedly happened too, just someone reading a story off of a piece of paper. It didn't happen! It was made up!

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Someone photoshop these pictures so that all the women are Loab.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

The cursed part is this new style of tweet which is "my cousin's roommate's professor's wife said this happened to them" with hundreds of thousands of likes. I decided to actually find the tweet to see if they posted the tiktok and they did:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7137144530477796654

The tiktok isn't even the actual woman who this supposedly happened too, just someone reading a story off of a piece of paper. It didn't happen! It was made up!

Ok

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

I lost it when I got to Cher

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

I think I figured out who this is:

quote:

In contemporary western culture the phenomenon of supernatural assault are thought to be the work of what are known as shadow people. Victims report primarily three different entities, a man with a hat, the old hag noted above, and a hooded figure.

So yeah, much worse than a christian demon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Yeah, it's called "being royalty" and it happens all the time and is ordained by god hisself.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Buce posted:

Yeah, it's called "being royalty" and it happens all the time and is ordained by god hisself.

The story of Oedipus feels so quaint after the Hapsburgs.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

Why do rich people hire the worst artists for everything, and why does Tub Shakira have the arms of a toddler?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
All of that is horrible and tacky, but I would pay a decent amount of money to Airbnb it so I could gently caress in the Cher room

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1567671778670936065?s=20

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LMAO

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

what the actual....:lol:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lol & lmao

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you gotta bing biden

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

"I'm the blackface of white supremacy" makes for a good thread title.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Android Apocalypse posted:

"I'm the blackface of white supremacy" makes for a good thread title.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Yaldabaoth posted:

there are things out there much, much worse than christian demons.

Tell me about it, my last place had a serious golem problem. Fuckin sucked

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Yaldabaoth posted:

I remember a goon saying stuff like this is an example of late stage capitalism because instead of creating new things, capital is just endlessly recombining old things.
I have been trying to re-find the news article I read maybe 15 years ago that talked about how all the candy companies were no longer going to make new candies and they were just going to give the same candies slight flavor changes or make their candies flavored like other branded candies. I remember it using an example of some big new candy rollout that had just happened and saying that may be one of the last times you see an entirely new candy bar enter the market because you do not need to spend any money on marketing if you just plop a new flavor of the old thing next to the old thing.

Terrifyingly this is exactly what has happened and I indeed cannot think of the last time an entirely new candy appeared

All this and they still have not brought back the best gas station treat in history, P. B. Max

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dr. Quarex posted:

I have been trying to re-find the news article I read maybe 15 years ago that talked about how all the candy companies were no longer going to make new candies and they were just going to give the same candies slight flavor changes or make their candies flavored like other branded candies. I remember it using an example of some big new candy rollout that had just happened and saying that may be one of the last times you see an entirely new candy bar enter the market because you do not need to spend any money on marketing if you just plop a new flavor of the old thing next to the old thing.

Terrifyingly this is exactly what has happened and I indeed cannot think of the last time an entirely new candy appeared

All this and they still have not brought back the best gas station treat in history, P. B. Max

seriously. At least they realized their failure with the Chunky bar. P.B.Max also had awesome commercials if I remember correctly..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qF68MDQ0ik

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yaldabaoth posted:

I think I figured out who this is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_hag

This AI image of a woman I generated keeps showing up in images that I prompt her to show up in holy poo poo 2spooky. :spooky:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
I'm not fanatical about a lot of things, but one of them is PB Max. It is a futile struggle, but a struggle I cannot quit.

I am a PB Max jihadist.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Poohs Packin posted:

This AI image of a woman I generated keeps showing up in images that I prompt her to show up in holy poo poo 2spooky. :spooky:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Poohs Packin posted:

She shows up when you don't. She exists at a distant nexus of a high dimensional geometry and is the antithesis of a million concepts. Knowing her true name just makes her easier to summon.

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO

Oh my god i am literally crying right now this is so scary I havent been so afraid since I read the SCP web site. Welp guess I'll never sleep again, Wlep, not sleeping tonight,welp this is like SCP, welp guess im shaking and creying forever after reading this just now.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The repeated frowny faces with unkempt hair and rosacea are at least similar enough to be a bit creepy but half of the example images dont even share any of the distinguishing traits of the original, theyre just generic creepy AI faces. Thats like calling any random guy in the woods sasquatch just because he was in the right general location and had feet

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

McGavin posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I used to get horrible sleep paralysis when I was on anti malarial drugs for way too long.

It was usually a guy in a hat but he was like a young crackhead guy in a bucket hat that lived next door and was actually a bit dangerous/frightening. He wasn't a bobbydook or anything.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

I'm not fanatical about a lot of things, but one of them is PB Maxbonkers. It is a futile struggle, but a struggle I cannot quit.

I am a PB Maxbonkers jihadist.

Uhh, the candy, not the cartoon.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Form an alliance with the ketamine shadowmen to defend yourself from baba yaga.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Im actually real curious how they spun this. Idk if this is a thing in the states but up here, in my hometown district at least, you have to do something like 50 hours of volunteer work to graduate high school, but the rules are pretty strict that you can't just do a corporate job for free and call that volunteer hours.

Maybe it's bc like 4c of each cookie sale goes to charity or something?