Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The geo mc is legit good, but most people have a c2 ning or itto at this point for their geo dps needs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Also like Geo MC is so annoying to deal with. Giant spheres of rock are hard to fight around.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I have a bunch of random billets lying around and no real idea what to do with them. Are there any standout crafted weapons I definitely want to have at my disposal?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sapwood sword

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Are we supposed to get new artifacts with 3.1? Or is what we have now basically it for awhile
no new artifacts in 3.1. we only got new artifact sets in 2.3 and 2.6, so i assume it will be the same here, with 3.3 and 3.6.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

I have a bunch of random billets lying around and no real idea what to do with them. Are there any standout crafted weapons I definitely want to have at my disposal?
depends who you have and what weapons you have, but the sumeru sword, claymore, and spear are very good. besides them, the prototype crescent and hamayumi are both solid f2p options, and the kitain cross spear is good on some characters.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mailer posted:

Disclaimer here is that I only use Koko in freeze. There's probably room for her Q in taser or hyperbloom or whatever - I have zero idea. I was specifically talking about the rotation in a Ganyu/Ayaka/Venti/Kokomi team. She doesn't get field time there.

The two teams where I find she really shines are are Mono hydro Yelan/XQ/Kazuha/Kokomi and Kokomi taser Beidou/Fischl/Sucrose/Kokomi, in the first she's the driver, in the second she's the emergency carry when you're getting beaten up by floor 12 or need more time for cooldowns.

Another great combo is Raiden/Kokomi. You can full switch between Raiden burst and Kokomi burst and they both provide their respective element off field.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Don't underestimate Kokomi full hydro teams. Koko + Xingqui + Yelan + anemo. It's surprisingly powerful, I've done easy clears of abyss 12 with that team.

Kokomi also has amazing synergy with dendro jump pads. It might be a preview of how crazy she'll be with a strong dendro support.

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 8, 2022

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder if the catalyst character with flying options/funnels/drones will be from Fontaine or Khaenri'ah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASTGVJLBX14

Shes from Mondstat and her name is Klee

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

https://twitter.com/Genshinmem/status/1564429182138028033

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Quit crying, cryo, you've been the best element for most of the game's lifetime.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Also Anemo is Anemo in Aggravate teams.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Geo didn't get to the pool, he's waiting in the kitchen with his swim trunks wondering where everyone is. Mom forgot.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Cool trick I'm only just learning is that Kokomi can snapshot her empowered jellyfish by casting E during Q and swapping before the first tick.

https://i.imgur.com/vzCGuRg.mp4
Theoretically, it can be maintained indefinitely with good timing, even if you aren't sophisticated and running her with Chong to shave 3 seconds off her cds. Though I imagine generating energy fast enough would be the harder part.

Should be a nice trick for squeezing extra damage in Abyss. Gonna have to figure out how to squeeze it into my rotation.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Adams posted:

Don't underestimate Kokomi full hydro teams. Koko + Xingqui + Yelan + anemo. It's surprisingly powerful, I've done easy clears of abyss 12 with that team.

Kokomi also has amazing synergy with dendro jump pads. It might be a preview of how crazy she'll be with a strong dendro support.

100%. Kokomi and Nilou are setting us up with some kick rear end synergy with the dendro archon.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1567731958280605698

Since someone asked earlier: dori sucrose and xingqiu

↓ Yeah, if I didn't have them both at c6 (and had anything resembling good gacha luck), this would be pretty fantastic

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 8, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Dori aside, that's a great banner.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Now the question becomes obtain goat lady that i quit over not getting or get jellyfish lady that almost brought me back...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
They always announce all the 5-stars for a patch ahead of time, right? So I can wait to see who'll be in 3.1 before I decide whether or not to commit to Kokomi?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'd like to remind the thread that EM Kokomi, Dendro Traveler, Rosaria, Kazuha is a good team.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Hell yeah that's a good banner. Everyone with Kokomi has high praise for her and she was one of the most used characters on the abyss tracker. Of people that have Kokomi she was used in 83.6% of their fastest reported abyss clear which put her in the top 5 most used characters.

I'm still torn because Kokomi's fish-attire is hideous and whenever she talks Kokomi manages to be even more insufferable than Yelan the snide, self-obsessed hydro bayonetta. At least Yelan doesn't sound like she's quoting Sun Tzu because that is a bridge too far on the obnoxious/embarrassing character scale.

gandlethorpe posted:

Cool trick I'm only just learning is that Kokomi can snapshot her empowered jellyfish by casting E during Q and swapping before the first tick.
How is your Kazuha still level 80? Do you not use him all the time? :raise:

There's a couple of characters I hit level 81 with just by using them so much but none as quickly as Kazuha.

FractalSandwich posted:

They always announce all the 5-stars for a patch ahead of time, right? So I can wait to see who'll be in 3.1 before I decide whether or not to commit to Kokomi?
That's exactly why I waited until now to decide on committing to Tighnari or not. :toot:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

FractalSandwich posted:

Uh they announced cyno and nilou before 3.0 officially

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I keep getting thrown off by these banner changes. I'm fully aware of Nilou and Cyno coming next but I keep thinking that the Ganyu +Kokomi swap is an incoming patch.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sanctum posted:

How is your Kazuha still level 80? Do you not use him all the time? :raise:

Can't part with my hoard of gemstones. Though I do have to wonder how much exp past 80 I've accrued on my most used characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

there will be a livestream for 3.1 before 3.0 ends where they should announce the banners for 3.1, including the reruns.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561655444426588161
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561656393752809473
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561655193393307648

they haven't given an exact banner order yet but those 3 characters are all coming up soon

you can find a leaked future banner order here. that site compiles info from 'reliable' leakers so its banner order is probably right:

saveyourprimos posted:

Patch 3.1 - First Half
- Cyno (5✰) release (Electro Polearm, Short Male)
- Candace (4✰) release (Hydro Polearm, Tall Female)
Patch 3.1 - Second Half
- Nilou (5✰) release (Hydro Sword, Short Female)
Patch 3.2
- Kusanali (5✰) release (Dendro Catalyst, Female Child)
- Layla (4✰) release (Cryo Sword, Short Female)
Patch 3.3
- Scaramouche (5✰) release (Anemo Catalyst, Short Male)
- Faruzan (4✰) release (Anemo Bow, Short Female)
Patch 3.5
- Dehya (5✰) release (Pyro Claymore, Tall Female)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 8, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

They usually don't announce the reruns til the stream for the next patch, but leakers are saying it's probably gonna be Venti and Eula (Venti so that we get an archon every patch through at least 3.2 bc of how many new players are joining for Sumeru, and Eula bc there's datamined lines for her being in an event in 3.1)

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
After stockpiling 5* reliquaries from the abyss to roll for dendro dmg goblets, burning through 30 fragile resin, and using primos on a daily resin refresh every day since Sumeru I'm up 300+ 5* artifacts. After much recycling I finally got my first dendro goblet!

Sure is... something. :eek:

Starting from two good substats and flat atk isn't that bad. :shobon: But ohhhh the substat rolls.... those were very, very bad :smith:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Seeing a lot of good talk around building teams and planning how to roll but very little discussion as to which of the event mini seelie pets is the coolest (can't decide between green or purple)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Well how about this - if you use cryo with dendro, it kills all the plants and disables any active dendro reactions

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

slicing up eyeballs posted:

Seeing a lot of good talk around building teams and planning how to roll but very little discussion as to which of the event mini seelie pets is the coolest (can't decide between green or purple)

I picked green in honor of Sumeru

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Huh, how'd I miss that there was a new Cryo 4* coming soon? Also, lol, a 4th sword user. Should be interesting to see what their design philosophy will be with new Cryos when there isn't any direct synergy with Dendro.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Wonder if we'll ever get a playable Katheryne :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Huh, how'd I miss that there was a new Cryo 4* coming soon? Also, lol, a 4th sword user. Should be interesting to see what their design philosophy will be with new Cryos when there isn't any direct synergy with Dendro.

well there's been absolutely no leaks of model/kit/etc
just some trustworthy leakers saying "i know a guy at mhy who knows a guy who says a cryo sword character named layla is gonna release in patch such-and-such"

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
This is it. The fabled worst weapon banner ever.

A now-unimpressive standard weapon that isn't even Ganyu's BiS for any of her builds and is 4 star quality on anyone else. And the most infamous weapon of all time. Incredible. Even the 4*s are bland.

slicing up eyeballs posted:

I own blue, purple, and green. I think purple looks the best but I don't really use any of them because they make a little noise every twenty seconds or so.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

No Wave posted:

A now-unimpressive standard weapon that isn't even Ganyu's BiS for any of her builds

:confused: its literally still her BiS unless you're doing something funky with Polar Star, wtf are you talking about

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mix. posted:

:confused: its literally still her BiS unless you're doing something funky with Polar Star, wtf are you talking about
you're behind the times, old man.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1RMkCsQyht765JZlZSPPcbbwcwmcl-htd/htmlview#gid=847999601

Kale
May 14, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561656393752809473

they haven't given an exact banner order yet but those 3 characters are all coming up soon

you can find a leaked future banner order here. that site compiles info from 'reliable' leakers so its banner order is probably right:

212K likes for Candace. Is that the most buzz a probable 4-star has ever generated?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Sanity check on pull strategy for a new (beginning of last month) player: At 20 pity, with my only hydros being Barbara and Xingqiu, would it make sense to use my 70 pull stock to make one try for Kokomi, then horde regardless for dendro archon? I already won the 50:50 on zhongli when 3.0 went up. I don't much care for archers (controller on pc, mouse and keyboard for a BotW-esque game feels wrong), but very much love Yanfei for burning my way through the beginning of the game til now, so a hydro catalyst who isn't barbara seems like a big upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh boy I get to fill out XQ while getting Ganyu? Sign me the gently caress up