Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I like how Behind the Bastards has to bleep out Hello Fresh all of the time when Robert talks about how they hunt children on an island.

Make whatever claims you want against Raytheon but you had better not piss off Hello Fresh.

Huh. For some reason I always thought they were talking about the Blue Apron island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Huh. For some reason I always thought they were talking about the Blue Apron island

I've spent some time trying to decode it and the best I've got is that it's gotta be 3 syllables, but I can't tell the stress pattern.

You could probably check it in Praat somehow if you're a prosody wizard, but it'd be hard. They do a decent job on the beeps. Or I just continue to suck at sounds, idk, I do dead languages for a reason.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
It’s blue apron, like it’s 99 percent confirmed blue apron. They didn’t even bleep it on the livestream show a few months back, though they also missed a bleep on last weeks episode I think?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My bad, I forgot which company had the island.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

teen witch posted:

It’s blue apron, like it’s 99 percent confirmed blue apron. They didn’t even bleep it on the livestream show a few months back, though they also missed a bleep on last weeks episode I think?

They did, it was at the very end of Helena Blavatsky pt 1.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
it is blue apron, I was at the livestream

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

red19fire posted:

Listening to Alex claim to be the leader of the spiritual infowarrior army or whatever in todays episode, I’m reminded of that time Alex had a chance to grab a bullhorn and lead his followers into glorious battle against the globalists and… begged them all to settle down, leave the Capitol and reassemble peacefully in the parking lot.

I'm listening to the CPAC episode (hilarious) and Alex really is at his weakest and least certain when dealing with even more right-wing elements.

Like at some level all he wants to do is sell supplements and these crazy fucks wanna burn down the world.

How did the Nick Fuentes thing shake out anyway? I remember Dan saying in 2019 that he posed a serious threat to Alex's userbase.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Shageletic posted:

How did the Nick Fuentes thing shake out anyway? I remember Dan saying in 2019 that he posed a serious threat to Alex's userbase.

The cat boy thing took a toll on his rep and there's been infighting/general issues at his org recently, including one of the lower tier members getting arrested for threatening a mass shooting.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I spotted him at the Laura Loomer congressional failure party, so maybe he's over his virulent anti semitism. Altoigh she did just allegedly convert to evangelical Christianity, so who knows.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Alex Jones was interviewed by Channel 5. I cannot wait for KF to cover this whole thing if the trailer has this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLZnOaz1SBA

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Alex Jones was interviewed by Channel 5. I cannot wait for KF to cover this whole thing if the trailer has this.

I noped out of this after about 12 seconds. He will never let go of the "I'm actually the victim because people run up to me and accuse me of having killed those children" bullshit.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Andrew is in his 20s and still thinks this is an effective tactic to expose bad people. This has been repeatedly stressed by KF: Do not interview this rear end in a top hat he’ll make you look like an idiot for trying and he sells more food buckets. Andrew explained in his Hot Ones interview how he just likes to let people like this hang themselves and he stays quiet. Like I said he’s in his 20s and naive. I’ll cut him some slack but please bro don’t do this anymore.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 4, 2022

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Did you see the whole interview? It's great.

It's got people on Alex's staff trying to get him to chill out, Andrew letting him burn himself, not monetizable from any position Alex doesn't already have... Curious if you'd agree after seeing it. I'm nearly 40 and have mad respect for Andrew for being one of the best journalists out there. He's also touched fringes most people wouldn't bother or be willing to. His unironed shirt bit is an explicit gimmick to make him seem naive like you seem to take him.

He got Alex to expose his business mind a little too. Alex seemed to be an impervious interviewee until Andrew moved a bit away from the trial stuff.

Also good to remember it was Alex's first interview after the trial and not everyone is as tuned into him as others.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 4, 2022

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is his patreon good? Dont want to sub for just one video

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

It's worth it if you like all his other work. Plenty of exclusive docos. I wouldn't bother subscribing just for the AJ interview, there's no real new ground for KF listeners but it's a good vid for the uninitiated.

A lot of it is just Alex telling on himself seeing as he can never say Infowars is doing worse, so he admits that deplatforming didn't do much damage, that he gets a lot of money from direct donations. It's just Andrew giving him enough rope to hang himself with.

Megabound fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 4, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So I just got to episode 245 and the announcement of the Knowledge Fight Database. Considering I've never heard of it before and I've been listening since around episode 400 I'm guessing that project didn't quite get off the ground. I was curious to check it out!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

This exists, but probably isn't what you were looking for

https://knowledgefight.com/research

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Didn't the website used to have a bunch of out of context drops? I miss those.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

ILL Machina posted:

This exists, but probably isn't what you were looking for

https://knowledgefight.com/research

Yeah, no. This was one of their Patreon goals and Dan was talking about it as something he could do instead of writing a book that would be a useful resource for dealing with various right wing/conspiracy issues without having to direct people to a (then) 250 episode podcast that averages 2-3 hours each.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Tree Dude posted:

Yeah, no. This was one of their Patreon goals and Dan was talking about it as something he could do instead of writing a book that would be a useful resource for dealing with various right wing/conspiracy issues without having to direct people to a (then) 250 episode podcast that averages 2-3 hours each.

*stares wistfully into the past, remembering what it was like to feel light and love*

I get it and I don't actually mind, but I sincerely love their long episodes and miss those. My cooking has gotten a lot less elaborate without 9 hours of podcasts every week.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I completely understand Dan's hesitation to cover this listener who infiltrated PC but I'm really glad for the update and I'm happy that we didn't ruin this guy's game by piecing together all the hints from his previous appearance.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Squatch is back in the latest episode. :getin:
Edit: agreed 100%

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 7, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I want to write fanfic for this guy’s campaign setting.

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Didn't the website used to have a bunch of out of context drops? I miss those.

They still do! I was listening to some old episodes and learned about it.

https://knowledgefight.com/drops

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I've been going back and listening (re-listening?) to some old eps to try and fill in the gaps in the backlog that I never got to, since I did a terrible job of tracking how far I got in listening from the beginning. Very weird to get to episode #200 after listening to today's episode, only to hear JorDan talking about squatch heroes. This must be what Dan feels like when he accidentally does witchcraft.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think after the cowabunga, Dan should hand the witches hat to Jordan

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I wish Major Solomon Berg was more ambiguous about being a listener of knowledge fight, still a good episode but the ambiguity was really fun.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I don't usually bust out laughing along with Jordan and Dan but "He's a very charismatic lizard" got me good.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I think after the cowabunga, Dan should hand the witches hat to Jordan

Lol holy crap

Tree Dude posted:

I don't usually bust out laughing along with Jordan and Dan but "He's a very charismatic lizard" got me good.

what an episode

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I like this as a study of the ability to change a conspiracy theorist world view by telling good lies instead of bad ones and I hope it continues. Very fun episode.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Solomon Berg is the absolute king poo poo of BS artists

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I think he overplayed his hand a bit. Doing outlandish dumb poo poo is par for the course, but you gotta know when to dial it down.

The cowabunga is a highlight though, lmao.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I agree with Dan that the Lionel bit was a bridge too far. The Bowie thing was also a bit much for me.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Oh no he said lionel pearl clutching is incredibly stupid

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
In my listening to catch up to the back catalog I just got to the Lionel epsiode and it's amazing.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
COMMENT!

As you see fit

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

In my listening to catch up to the back catalog I just got to the Lionel epsiode and it's amazing.

Whelp.

I got that Gypsy Kings song stuck in my head now.

I really hate that I associate him with that because I very much 100% love the Gypsy Kings.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel LIONEL

E: why are shoes so hard to tie?!

Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel Lionel LIONEL

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Cheen posted:

Oh no he said lionel pearl clutching is incredibly stupid

The first time he did it was legit funny. The second time was stretching the bit a little far. Episode was funny as hell though. The Selene bit made me laugh pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I needed the Charismatic Lizard episode. So funny.