Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I’ll pop in early to remind everyone to stay reasonably civil. After all, it’s an understandable response to premiership of Liz Truss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

JohnCompany posted:

Not even United Kingdomian but getting my post in on Gnarly Charlie Day.

If your country has ever been invaded or colonised by the Evil Empire you're allowed

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Harry is even turning up, she dead.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Couldn’t have just waited three days to make this our 9/11 huh

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/johnmcmarx/status/1567849658134761472?s=46&t=JjGjD3bBGmBReBMpdJKXRw

Stomach hurts from laughing. The posters’ prerogative.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I wonder if I should go get some shopping in, it wouldn’t surprise me if this somehow triggers mass panic or something stupid

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Recycling old memes, shaking my smh

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

https://twitter.com/jeevanrai/status/1567846808528846849?t=auXz7jOU2HHqqpHMqCG6lQ&s=19

Today will be a good day to tweet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

TACD posted:

I wonder if I should go get some shopping in, it wouldn’t surprise me if this somehow triggers mass panic or something stupid

Good idea probably, unless you’ve spent the last year in a boxing gym, preparing for the next toilet paper crisis

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1567837613884571649?t=gzzhQqDrrgj7yixal4nN7A&s=19

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

If the Beebs royal correspondent is supposed to be dissuading rumours of her death, he's doing a loving awful job of it lmao. He's all but said she's dead already.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

say what you like about liz truss but she's 1000% not weeping tears in private rn

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've already had driveby shitposts deleted from my regular football forum (lot of Union Jack avatars) and expect to be banned before the end of the day.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Answers Me posted:

I wonder how many shitposters are going to get fired and/or arrested next week

Makes me wonder if the Chumbawamba song I listened to as a teenager, which has been mostly scrubbed from the web despite having an album named after, named "Farewell to the crown" which contains appalling words like "right between the eyes" would cause a lynching. I'm certainly nowhere near a brave or callous man enough to try. Even the deliveroo guy delivering my subway footlong was a bit teary-eyed.

I hope the above post has sufficient sombreness and decorum to pass the muster.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Buffy getting the Diana Bump in the first week, whoda thunk it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1567861628133072896

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Interviewee on BBC News just said "She governed for 70 years" (past tense). Slip of the tongue?

Whatever, I'm just SO glad Bunter won't be the one in charge when she does go.

Counterpoint: imagine reigning for 70 years and dying knowing your last official act was to accept Liz Truss as the head of your government.

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish
people just love to have betters, don't they

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
https://twitter.com/roun_sa_ville/s...xPorW8Ne8bGy-XA

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1567861623284457476?t=Q_i6-XTA4YbnVbC66ovAAg&s=19

drat, this is definitely going to happen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Congratulations guys. Big day.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/tom_usher_/status/1567862366775164928

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Failed Imagineer posted:

If your country has ever been invaded or colonised by the Evil Empire you're allowed

American exceptionalism wins again!

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Not even the Queen wants to die in England.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Wondering if next week's strikes will go ahead if she does go 'over the rainbow bridge' (or is that just pets?) before then?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Boris is going to be absolutely fuming that he’s just missed the chance to do the big statesmanlike “we loved our Queen” speech and get a big ratings boost

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

I hope whoever manages his social media has got their finger on the pulse to make sure this doesn't happen and check any already scheduled tweets or facebook posts!
(When I used to do our CLP FB page, I was always worried about something like this happen!)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rustybear posted:

say what you like about liz truss but she's 1000% not weeping tears in private rn

Going in dry?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

JohnCompany posted:

American exceptionalism wins again!

This country is becoming more Americanised every day. Now we've started copying them by putting pictures of dead heads of state on all of our money.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Answers Me posted:

Holding a swatch chart up to the tv to work out whether Huw Edwards’s tie is black or a very dark navy

The same but to determine if I like a princess or not.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
If she dies live tv stops at the BBC until an official statement is put together. So we know shes gone when we get a "Please stand by" message.

This might have changed but was still policy as recently as 2 years ago.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mega Comrade posted:

If she dies live tv stops at the BBC until an official statement is put together. So we know shes gone when we get a "Please stand by" message.

They've already cancelled all afternoon programming and are just showing BBCNews

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

What about Radio?

I'm tuned into 6 music ATM, but should I switch to a more serious channel?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Mega Comrade posted:

Isn't the code message literally "London Bridge has fallen down" or somesuch?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Wondering if next week's strikes will go ahead if she does go 'over the rainbow bridge' (or is that just pets?) before then?

Bifröst is open to everyone (unless you are a giant)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I hope whoever manages his social media has got their finger on the pulse to make sure this doesn't happen and check any already scheduled tweets or facebook posts!
(When I used to do our CLP FB page, I was always worried about something like this happen!)

He'll "like" an antisemitic tweet just to implode all discourses.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

EvilHawk posted:

If the Beebs royal correspondent is supposed to be dissuading rumours of her death, he's doing a loving awful job of it lmao. He's all but said she's dead already.

The only circumstance it would make sense to hold off at this time would be if they wanted to give Harry time to arrive, I think the UK-based royalty should have had time to arrive by now. Bear in mind that if they could hold off on announcing her death, they could have held off on announcing she was in a serious condition until they had their ducks in a row. They've been preparing for her death for years now and known that she's likely to die sometime in the next two weeks for a few days, so there's no reason to hold off because this has caught them by surprise.

Harry's in Germany apparently, so it's not out of the question they could be waiting an hour or two if she really has popped it, but it's important to the Establishment that the death be announced simultaneously by news media across the UK and not leaked by any outlet, so if she dies pre-watershed expect the announcement out ASAP. After that they can hold off for the morning news the following day, but they'll have the announcement ready to go immediately should they get any whiff that a foreign news service is announcing it overnight.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/hellomag/status/1567858880935239680?t=mdPRsI3YjxGW3EYmLn_esw&s=19

Not now Louis!

E:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Angrymog posted:

What about Radio?

I'm tuned into 6 music ATM, but should I switch to a more serious channel?

Yes, the only appropriate station to listen to is Premier