Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

JohnCompany posted:

Isn't the code message literally "London Bridge has fallen down" or somesuch?

Thats one of them. There are a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

gone like the wind

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

JohnCompany posted:

Isn't the code message literally "London Bridge has fallen down" or somesuch?

Operation London Bridge if she dies in England, Operation Unicorn if she dies in Scotland.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hope there is a moment as perfect as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aptvRDvDS5s

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Edited my previous post, but its a sobering reminder to always screenshot your links, the juiciest tributes will have a half-life of minutes

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
If they mess around with the CBeebies schedule I’m hosed

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Yeah if there was ever a time to screenshot posts instead of linking, it is now.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

She only gave up because Johnny Mercer did

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Just assuming every reference to Harry is Harry Styles.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Failed Imagineer posted:

Edited my previous post, but its a sobering reminder to always screenshot your links, the juiciest tributes will have a half-life of minutes

I know, but it's so much effort

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

I know, but it's so much effort

Tbh I only just learned about the "insert imgur" function on the Awful app so now it's literally 2 clicks

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

RichardA posted:

Operation London Bridge if she dies in England, Operation Unicorn if she dies in Scotland.
What if she dies in Wales? Or one of those places in England where she's technically like the Bishop of Doncaster or something rather than the Queen?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

My eyes are so red and teary right now

Really sucks when shampoo gets in them during a shower

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

Tbh I only just learned about the "insert imgur" function on the Awful app so now it's literally 2 clicks

This may make me download the app then, to make posting poo poo Warhammer pictures easier

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Failed Imagineer posted:

some of us still use computers jeffrey, add this function to these stupid dead forums.

minema
May 31, 2011
Best not cancel the football when she dies

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/planetjedward/status/1567858624659062785?s=20&t=6saZRQ8hi8PCriShh_JTfw

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1567854950411284490?t=YSmuFUCWofhpkUUXJDEszQ&s=19

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
do we get a day off when she dies

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Gort posted:

do we get a day off when she dies

no we do not, so gently caress the lot of them.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

What if she dies in Wales? Or one of those places in England where she's technically like the Bishop of Doncaster or something rather than the Queen?

Assume she always travels with a coffin's-worth of English soil to regenerate in

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

keep punching joe posted:

what the gently caress, I'm beginning to sour on this whole monarchy business

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

haha this is incredible

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
So if they are holding off on the announcement until Harry arrives, which one of the tabloids is going to go for the "Harry murders Queen. Stress of ungrateful grandson's presence too much for frail monarch" story? It pretty much writes itself.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ash Crimson posted:

haha this is incredible

sadly it's parody

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

keep punching joe posted:

Boris was also saying we wouldn't get an extra day off for the coronation. I can see Truss reversing both of those to look magnanimous though.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Truss collapsing the government because she sneezed on the Queen and killed her sounds like a literal bad farce; one of those ones that Rowan Atkinson stars in to buy another supercar.

E: Ah, because it is.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
BBC doing this weird thing of somehow talking in the past and present tense at the same time. 100% a case of ‘she’s dead but we can’t announce it yet’

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Oh god yes please let this get some traction

Like almost nobody will seriously believe it, but if it could be like the dead pig stuff for cameron as something that won't go away and keeps popping up to haunt her every now and then.

Would make sitting through the next few weeks of self-indulgeant national wallowing almost bearable

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tigey posted:

Oh god yes please let this get some traction

Like almost nobody will seriously believe it, but if it could be like the dead pig stuff for cameron as something that won't go away and keeps popping up to haunt her every now and then.

Would make sitting through the next few weeks of self-indulgeant national wallowing almost bearable

Cameron did gently caress the pig tho

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Where is Gibbo in our time of need?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Answers Me posted:

BBC doing this weird thing of somehow talking in the past and present tense at the same time. 100% a case of ‘she’s dead but we can’t announce it yet’

That is very weird. Like a strange tease.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Cup of Hemlock posted:

That is very weird. Like a strange tease.

someone overlay the bbc news audio onto one of those youtube ASMR girls

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Answers Me posted:

There's procedures in place for how to handle this stuff, every minute the queen is dead but it's unannounced by the BBC is another minute that one of the American news services with a source in the palace could announce it first. They know she's going to die shortly, but if she actually dies before 8pm they'll announce it pretty much right away.

Remember they bumped a king off early because it was seen as inappropriate for the death to be announced in the Evening papers. Now imagine how that same establishment would see it were the death announced first on MSNBC.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Soylent Yellow posted:

So if they are holding off on the announcement until Harry arrives, which one of the tabloids is going to go for the "Harry murders Queen. Stress of ungrateful grandson's presence too much for frail monarch" story? It pretty much writes itself.

Nah, it'd be 100% directed at Megan. Something like the stress of dealing with her turning Harry against the family was too much for the Queen to bear.

Or some overt dogwhistingling about how the Queen's symptoms are very similar to some DANGEROUS FOREIGN AFRICAN DISEASE that Megan could have passed on or something.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

distortion park posted:

someone overlay the bbc news audio onto one of those youtube ASMR girls

Queen Dying ASMR (no talking)

*video of me appearing to press down on a pillow for 1 hour*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Reveilled posted:

There's procedures in place for how to handle this stuff, every minute the queen is dead but it's unannounced by the BBC is another minute that one of the American news services with a source in the palace could announce it first. They know she's going to die shortly, but if she actually dies before 8pm they'll announce it pretty much right away.

Remember they bumped a king off early because it was seen as inappropriate for the death to be announced in the Evening papers. Now imagine how that same establishment would see it were the death announced first on MSNBC.

That feels like given the chaos dimension we live in that means it's almost certain to happen.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That feels like given the chaos dimension we live in that means it's almost certain to happen.

That, or it gets leaked by a Balmoral staffer doing a TikTok.

E: the Beeb now chatting about the transition in very loosely hypothetical terms, quite surreal

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Failed Imagineer posted:

E: the Beeb now chatting about the transition in very loosely hypothetical terms, quite surreal

if they sound too certain about a transition too quickly Liz Truss will try to ban it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Angepain posted:

if they sound too certain about a transition too quickly Liz Truss will try to ban it