Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The Tory response to the energy price cap rise – As Ofgem raises the price cap to £3,549 from October, Rishi Sunak and Liz Truss bury their head in the sand"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

“Dad found out that the posh people in the flat above have underfloor central heating.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss’s plans to tackle the cost of living crisis – Truss’s proposal to slash VAT across the board will do little to help those struggling to pay their bills and benefit richer households substantially more, Rishi Sunak’s team has claimed"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson: Don’t give up on green energy

Times:

Yes, the next few months will be very tough but I'm absolutely convinced Britain's bounceback will be golden, writes Prime Minister BORIS JOHNSON

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mac decided how to draw teenagers back around the time of asbos and never looked back. Or indeed forward.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s plan to declare China an ‘official threat’ to UK – The Tory leadership frontrunner has said she would reshape British foreign policy and elevate China to a similar threat status to Russia" Also HMS Prince of Wales breaks down day after leaving Portsmouth

Telegraph:

Artemis 1 launch: Nasa 'ran out of time' as Moon mission postponed

Times:

Catastrophic flooding in Pakistan leaves millions homeless

Evening Standard:

Cost of living: Pubs and brewers warn over mass closures as energy bills leap 300%

David Squires:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Blower saw the horny NASA experiment tweet then lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s environmental and foreign policy – It is full steam ahead for the fracking-supporting PM hopeful, who critics say risks a trade war with Europe"

Telegraph:

Why rising energy bills will kill the work from home dream

Matt:

Meghan ‘stopped in her tracks’ after being labelled a ‘diva’ by Mariah Carey

Independent:

‘Too busy’: Liz Truss cancels only TV interview of Tory leadership race

Times:

Rishi Sunak accuses Liz Truss of avoiding scrutiny

Evening Standard:

Mikhail Gorbachev: Tributes pour in for last Soviet president who ‘changed the world’ after death aged 91; EU to suspend visa travel agreement with Russia, reports state

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on two car crashes – As Britain marks 25 years since one terrible car crash, our ruling politicians deliver another"

Telegraph:

Mikhail Gorbachev, former president of the Soviet Union whose glasnost reforms brought about the end of the Cold War – obituary

Matt:

Priti Patel tells ‘woke’ police to get back to basics

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power review – this complex show struggles to find its feet

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
gently caress OFF, Matt

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a vulture and carrion – Liz Truss prepares to swoop into No 10 ahead of aa struggling Rishi Sunak"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Truss ready to scrap smart motorways and look at making speed limits advisory

Times:

Uighur abuse report may lead to first China inquiry by Hague court

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the unstoppable advance of Liz Truss – New PM set to enter No 10, as Lord Pannick report claims Partygate inquiry is ‘unfair’"

Telegraph:

‘Thanks a bunch, Tony’: Boris Johnson hits out at Labour’s ‘abject failure’ to invest in nuclear power

Matt:

Thousands of pubs ‘face last orders without Covid-style bailout’

Independent:

After Francois Bonvin.

The i paper:

Bonus! Boris Johnson cartoons: Three years of chaos, from Brexit to Partygate - Cartoonist Ben Jennings picks his favourite cartoons depicting the career of outgoing Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, and in his own words describes their inspiration.

Times:

Boris Johnson digs in on possible comeback

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Liz Truss, White Witch of Narnia – Behold the favourite for the Conservative leadership as she surveys her icy realm"

Sunday Telegraph:

Putin cuts off gas to Europe as energy war escalates

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

‘Isn’t it exciting? The Conservatives have gone into labour, but we won’t know if it’s a boy or a girl till tomorrow.’

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Where is he going to put down that tea?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Floor.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

learnincurve posted:

Lardroom.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

learnincurve posted:

The cat is right there

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Russia shutting off gas exports to Europe — Analysts are expecting gas prices to surge to record highs this week after Russia shut down a key pipeline to Europe"

Telegraph:

Liz Truss elected Tory leader by narrowest margin since members got the vote :smithcloud:

Indpendent:

Bonus! The 10 best Boris Johnson cartoons from his time as prime minister

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a hatching of horror – Liz Truss inherits the dry and dusty ruins left by Boris Johnson and Theresa May"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Liz Truss vows: ‘We will deliver, we will deliver, we will deliver’

Times:

"Liz Truss’s victory speech was crushingly banal"

Evening Standard:

Johnson pledges loyalty to Truss as he hints at taking back seat – for now

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Liz Truss meeting the Queen at Balmoral – Truss accepted the Queen’s invitation to form a government and was formally appointed as prime minister"

Telegraph:

"Keir Starmer doesn’t know how to handle Liz Truss, and is running out of time to figure it out"

Matt:

Liz Truss to freeze household energy bills at around £2,500

Times:

Evening Standard:

Domestic energy spend to top £100bn after October price rise, report estimates

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Liz Truss’s first day as prime minister – Labour has accused the PM of writing a “blank cheque” to the energy giants by ruling out a windfall tax"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak allies sacked from the Cabinet to make way for Liz Truss loyalists

Matt:

Liz Truss set to ramp up more North Sea drilling if she becomes prime minister

Times:

Liz Truss’s cabinet of allies banishes Rishi Sunak supporters to the back benches

Evening Standard:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i hope steve bell makes something utterly depraved with maximum spice and the guardian explodes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess he'll just be Sheikh Charles now.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Liz Truss latest: My plan will end energy crisis 'once and for all', vows PM

Queen Elizabeth II obituary

Guardian:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well that's certainly one Low Tax way...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They had 95 years to come up with those cartoons

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Out of all of them, it was the Telegraph who decided, instead of a tribute to the Queen, to go with a criticism of Truss. Topsy-turvey world.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the accession of King Charles III – The reign of King Charles III has begun, with the new monarch travelling to London to meet the prime minister"

Telegraph:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Farewell, Your Majesty – Chris Riddell imagines the Queen’s final journey"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
cornwall and ireland are not the same size, mac

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on King Charles and Liz Truss’s opposing views on environmental issues – The new monarch has championed his concerns over the climate crisis, while the new prime minister has lifted the moratorium on shale gas fracking"

Telegraph:

Times:

Ukraine’s lightning push through Russian lines raises hope of a turning point

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on King Charles III and political impartiality – Known and often criticised for his outspoken views, will the King manage to follow in his mother’s footsteps and hold his tongue?"

Telegraph:

Queue to pay respects to Queen Elizabeth II begins to form ... 53 hours before doors open

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised they published that Matt.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I think Matt might be completely untouchable tbh, like you'd have to have blackmail material on god to get six-fifty large a year for what he does.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Surprisingly non-deferential one from the Times. It seems to be getting quite critical of the government overall. But then a cartoonist doesn't always reflect the view of the editor...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the treatment of anti-monarchy protesters – British police have been accused of trying to silence dissenting voices in the wake of the Queen’s death after the arrests of several protesters"

Telegraph:

Putin sacks top general in the Donbas after defeats at hands of Ukraine's armed forces

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the death of film-maker Jean-Luc Godard – Godard, legend of the French New Wave, died this week aged 91, marking the end of an era in cinema" After Contempt, I think.

Telegraph:

After Stojanow?

Matt:

Times:

Pens and his royal nibs: what’s driving King Charles III to madness

Evening Standard:

Queen funeral latest: Queue snakes for four miles as Queen lies in state and Royals greeted by well-wishers

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Evening Standard:

This looks like a fuckin space invader, Adams is such a hack oval office lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Britain has historically invaded a lot of spaces.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Kwasi Kwarteng’s plans for bankers’ bonuses — The UK chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, is reportedly planning to scrap caps on bankers’ bonuses in a controversially timed move to attract more talent to the City of London"

Telegraph:

Zelenskiy condemns ‘vile Russian act’ after strike on dam floods his home city

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ the Standard have been poo poo this week. Even worse than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
lool that it covers ireland as well