Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hexyflexy posted:

Exceedingly high. The only reason its hung on the last 20 years is because of her personal popularity, nobody likes the other fucks.

Maybe but goons aren't the primary audience for all things monarchy. The Queen's funeral is gonna be a superbowl for those folk with non-stop parades, memorabilia, documentaries, the works. Then you have the coronation of the new King, boom that's another blockbuster.

Considering how many issues of People magazine get sold with covers that say "Remember Diana?" this train isn't gonna stop anytime soon. Fans don't necessarily like all the royal family and some I know are well aware Andrew is a monster, but it's like expecting the Marvel fandom to have universally refused to ever again watch Bryan Singer X-Men or Joss Whedon Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1567867203667611648

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

new twist on an old classic

https://twitter.com/Terrybroad/status/1567858988045291520

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The staties really tossed the indictment book at Bannon and he should be concerned since these aren't president-pardonable and there's a paper trail.

https://twitter.com/KatiePhang/status/1567894786828279812?t=3GAKClRQFC7HRdpV6jhh9g&s=19

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

When her husband died a part of the mourning was making their rail service's website black and white. This immediately made it unusable for some folk with visual impairments, it's gonna be that sort of bad grieving decision making x100 for the queen.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexyflexy posted:

Exceedingly high. The only reason its hung on the last 20 years is because of her personal popularity, nobody likes the other fucks.

Yeah, I mean she’s the last tie to WW2. Honestly, just pension the rest off and open lots of museums. Hell pay them to be tour guides. I mean I can’t imagine any future Royal somehow topping Liz.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Hell pay them to be tour guides.

honestly that's not only more humane than what I had in mind, it's better than they deserve. gently caress, might actually make them useful too

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

honestly that's not only more humane than what I had in mind, it's better than they deserve. gently caress, might actually make them useful too

Harry Truman was answering phones and training docents at his presidential museum

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Truman was out of office at 69. Dude had pent up spunk to spend.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

I figure a few may have legit nerdy historical interests and knowledge that could be of use to the state, since the state paid for them to learn it anyway.

Just don’t like Prince Andrew near any Children Museums.

I’m fully on board with the gently caress the Royals. I just can’t deal with all the Carson Afrika Korp Wentz and his celebrity wife being treated as worthy of anything of merit, besides her acting separate from this.

It’s petty, but eh AR(oyals)B

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hexyflexy posted:

Except for the circle jerks surrounding the Royal weddings and pregnancies.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Except for the circle jerks surrounding the Royal weddings and pregnancies.

In fairness the wedding was mostly because we got to see real working Spitfires and Lancaster do a fly by.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/1567928275913121792

Looks to be official.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did they interrupt a techno station with God Save The Queen yet?
https://twitter.com/MarkHolt4/status/1380489633797177350

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:rip:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/will_doran/status/1567576239602339841?s=20&t=Ieyeh5H0wyQwL2Lfg1fq1g

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheHestercution/status/1567931074956918784

Fuckin' :thurman:.

e- If it can't be read, "The Queen spent all those years hating Diana, but now she'll spend eternity looking up to her!"

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 8, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

whatever this is was gone the instant you posted it

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

whatever this is was gone the instant you posted it

"The Queen spent all those years hating Diana, but now she'll spend eternity looking up to her!"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Who becomes the new king/queen/whatever?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/TheHestercution/status/1567931074956918784

Fuckin' :thurman:.

e- If it can't be read, "The Queen spent all those years hating Diana, but now she'll spend eternity looking up to her!"

lol at the idea Diana isn’t in hell right now.

fknlo posted:

Who becomes the new king/queen/whatever?

King Charles the III as chosen by the big book of British teeth.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Former crownprince Charles. It's a monarchy dude. Eldest child wins

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Former crownprince Charles. It's a monarchy dude

Ah yes, and I know the exact line of succession because that's a thing I should totally know.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The line can bounce around a bit, but Charles has been at the head of it for a while.

If they made Andrew the king, I'm pretty sure the villagers would run them off into the sea.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

fknlo posted:

Ah yes, and I know the exact line of succession because that's a thing I should totally know.

It's probably the single most googleable fact on the planet right now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fknlo posted:

Look whose never played Crusader Kings.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Guys, I think we all know what really happened here....

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/gasgasfruit/status/1567871001177866243?t=p11NSoVI-pZpmIb53leUUQ&s=19

We were so close

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'd like to point out that her last act was to turf Bojo out on his rear end

:rip:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
GB cancelled all it's racing LMAO these fools never skip betting.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ONE

STEP

CLOSER

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

NO GODS NO QUEENS NO MASTERS

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

ONE

STEP

CLOSER

Sheamus get the fertilizer.

Seriously though England would probably or well some of the unionist parties would probably dump radioactive waste all over the place to prevent it from ever being unified.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I'd just like to congratulate Queen Elizabeth on, after 70 years of trying, finally becoming a good monarch.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I bet there's an enormous argument right now at the Royal Canadian Mint as to whether to put Charles on the coins or actual Canadians for once.

(put Terry on a coin you cowards)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kazinsal posted:

I bet there's an enormous argument right now at the Royal Canadian Mint as to whether to put Charles on the coins or actual Canadians for once.

(put Vickers on a coin you cowards)

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

(put the CF-105 Arrow on a coin you cowards)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Kazinsal posted:

(abolish the monarchy and disband the UK)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

(put narduar on a coin you cowards)