Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
HHH is one half of my favorite WWE match, I always knew he was great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Hammond Egger posted:

Has anyone in wrestling ever had the kind of turnaround from one year to the next that Triple H is having right now? Dude went from a near-death heart attack to losing everything he'd built up for years, slowly watching his friends, allies and pet projects getting fired in rapid succession, the control of the company he thought he was inheriting being taken away from him, and a year later he is even more powerful than he could have possibly imagined, he's bringing back seemingly anyone he wants, his main opposition is in complete turmoil and he is currently being totally vindicated about WWE's stance on not rehiring CM Punk, amongst a bunch of other generally exculpatory public claims about him from various workers.

I mean, I'm still convinced it's all going to turn to poo poo very quickly for him because he's out of his depth in the corporate world but for now the man must be absolutely riding high on life.
WWE has reached a too big to fail status, they'll keep making money for years regardless of what happens on TV.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hogan in 96 had a super quick turn around from being done as a Babyface in WCW to being the hottest act in the company as a heel in the NWO

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

HHH has brought revolutionary ideas to the main roster like "listen to your employees" and "let wrestlers wrestle"

I hope things stay on course like they have. The shows are getting better and the wrestlers and crew seems to be happy and actually enjoying their jobs and more people are watching. I think he and Steph will probably be in place for quite a while.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is Owens ok

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1566960756435861507

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

what a horrible spot jesus. Mick Foley esq when he used to slam his head into the guardrails and concrete on purpose

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Tampa Bae posted:

WWE has reached a too big to fail status, they'll keep making money for years regardless of what happens on TV.

WCW was 'too big to fail'.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Edward Mass posted:

WCW was 'too big to fail'.
WCW also had their money mark kicked out of his own TV network and the new executives finding no value in WCW, Vince paid less for the whole company than he did an affair.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Speaking of which I wonder why he’d even bother trying to cover up his affairs to begin with. I’m sure Linda knew for a long time what he was doing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too big to fail doesn't mean really famous or anything like that so wcw wasn't too big to fail at all. they did not make shitloads of profit (did they have one profitable year or something like that?) and were always benholden to a parent company that didn't like them

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Invalid Validation posted:

Speaking of which I wonder why he’d even bother trying to cover up his affairs to begin with. I’m sure Linda knew for a long time what he was doing.

I'd guess cause she kept trying to run for senate

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

This is the dumbest spot I've seen in a long loving time, Jesus.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i lied above big time in some ways. wcw was not in a really terrible situation for themselves even though they sucked at making money until right around the time they had hit their peak, proven for 2 years they weren't going to maintain it and certainly weren't going to go any higher, and then changed from a loving father to a demanding one. i apologize for making an incorrect case out of what i said. the entire point is being retracted as a result. there is no need for messy crap on here and i apologize.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

This is the wwe stuff I crave

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Silly poo poo in wrestling is fun

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intruder posted:

Silly poo poo in wrestling is fun

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I appreciate that the announcers said “David and Goliath” because it continues their fine tradition of never ever ever understanding the point of that story.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They missed out on Braun flipping the ring with his bare hands and everyone in said ring being hurled 10 rows deep over the announcers.

C'mon, Hunter.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gonz posted:

They missed out on Braun flipping the ring with his bare hands and everyone in said ring being hurled 10 rows deep over the announcers.

C'mon, Hunter.

They should bring in Marko for a squash and have Braun actually throw him 10 rows deep.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

They should bring in Marko for a squash and have Braun actually throw him 10 rows deep.

Just grab him by his legs and spin him around a dozen or so times like a shotput competition in the ring and send him literally flying into the second deck.

A spectacle that even Vince himself could'nt have imagined or concocted.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

Because they were employees of his which is a huge red flag for investors. The concept of consent is super murky due to "the implication" and there's a lot space for expensive and public lawsuits to occur.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dango Bango posted:

Then they become friends and their tag finisher is a Fastball Special

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

little munchkin posted:

Because they were employees of his which is a huge red flag for investors. The concept of consent is super murky due to "the implication" and there's a lot space for expensive and public lawsuits to occur.

Yeah. Investors don't care about morality, they just care about liability. And sleeping with employees is potentially liable as gently caress.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1567863958932946944

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bow Down To The King.

THE KING OF KINGS.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

HHH has brought revolutionary ideas to the main roster like "listen to your employees" and "let wrestlers wrestle"

I hope things stay on course like they have. The shows are getting better and the wrestlers and crew seems to be happy and actually enjoying their jobs and more people are watching. I think he and Steph will probably be in place for quite a while.

There's a balance to this. Otherwise you end up with the mess that Tony Khan let happen.

That said, HHH probably commands more respect from "the boys" than most people would.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

iamsosmrt posted:

There's a balance to this. Otherwise you end up with the mess that Tony Khan let happen.

What are all these theoretical wrestling promotions where the backstage isn't a garbage fire that people keep alluding to?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Is it possible for an activity that draws people to stage fight each other in extremely dangerous ways for relatively little respect and reward to not be full of petulant and possibly broken minded assholes?

I don't mean this dismissively, I guess I see wrestling as inherently hosed up. I don't watch it too much these days but the drama is still fascinating to read/watch. Much better than a Netflix docu series.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

iamsosmrt posted:

Is it possible for an activity that draws people to stage fight each other in extremely dangerous ways for relatively little respect and reward to not be full of petulant and possibly broken minded assholes?

[badnewsbarrett.gif]

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Trying posted:

What are all these theoretical wrestling promotions where the backstage isn't a garbage fire that people keep alluding to?

I think the best case scenario is keeping the garbage fire to a controlled burn that doesn't outright explode.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Now that we all love WWE again how are we going to justify the next Blood Money show?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bartok posted:

Now that we all love WWE again how are we going to justify the next Blood Money show?

The WWE were just ahead of the curve now that we have the LIV golf tour, an F1 race in Jeddah, MbS buying majority stakes in half the video game companies on the planet, etc.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

bartok posted:

I believe this is where the phrase "problematic fave" comes in.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
how about you "outperform" in the loving ring, wwe

oh word? you cant?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ad by Khad posted:

how about you "outperform" in the loving ring, wwe

oh word? you cant?

Most people said that the match of the weekend was either SIOG/Acclaimed or Sheamus/WALTER.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bartok posted:

If it's not worth boycotting WWE for running shows in the United States there's no reason to get salty over them doing it in Saudi Arabia.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In fairness, is it actually a Blood Money show if they're not getting paid?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gaz-L posted:

In fairness, is it actually a Blood Money show if they're not getting paid?

Blood I.O.U.?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Blood Loan at a Reasonable APR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Counter-program Blood Money with a blood drive Coward Tony