Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
gently caress yeah

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1567913078364291075?t=9rWOWsyYWJn5Vr2wAT5NIQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

From the Queen Death Thread:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She sits now at Kahless' right hand, in Sto Vo Kor

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The TNG episode currently airing on BBC America is Phantasms, which is oddly appropriate.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The TNG episode currently airing on BBC America is Phantasms, which is oddly appropriate.

Should be Up The Long Ladder or whatever it is that mentions Irish Unification, that's getting passed around a LOT right now in shitpost memes.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Arivia posted:

Should be Up The Long Ladder or whatever it is that mentions Irish Unification, that's getting passed around a LOT right now in shitpost memes.
It was ‘The High Ground’

Up the Long Ladder is the racist one

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

It was ‘The High Ground’

Up the Long Ladder is the racist one

I thought that was "Code of Honor"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Angry_Ed posted:

I thought that was "Code of Honor"

Look there's more racist ones than you remember

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Voyager hired a man who pretended to be Native American as their consultant. This was 15 years AFTER he had already been exposed as a fraud. So you'll find racism just kinda spread around like spice all over the show.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Arivia posted:

Fair Haven. "Computer, delete the queen."

(Yeah, the Irish Unification one would have been a really interesting coincidence.)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 8, 2022

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MillennialVulcan posted:

Voyager hired a man who pretended to be Native American as their consultant. This was 15 years AFTER he had already been exposed as a fraud. So you'll find racism just kinda spread around like spice all over the show.

Akoochemoya my dude.

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/status/1567934708398555137

I tend to avoid ST comics because they have some of the worst art you've ever seen but 2 of 3 of these variant covers look cool. (I'm gathering that the premise of this comic is that Sisko gets a Sovereign class)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/status/1567934708398555137?t=f1Rc3_03F14loJWf67aR5Q&s=19

e: beaten by less than a minute lmao

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 8, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

zoux posted:

I tend to avoid ST comics because they have some of the worst art you've ever seen

Those old TOS Gold Key comics are an interesting read if only because I don't think the writer(s) ever actually watched an episode of Star Trek. There's one where Spock is ready to throw hands at Scotty because he insults his honor or something, which is really bizarre.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 8, 2022

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The Queen is dead, you say? Jean-Luc, stop thinking in such three-dimensional terms.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
So like is Sisko coming back from the wormhole or is there just a break midway through DS9 and he gets sent to be a starship captain or what, I don't know

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
No, Sisko becomes a Sovereign class.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

So like is Sisko coming back from the wormhole or is there just a break midway through DS9 and he gets sent to be a starship captain or what, I don't know

2378 is the year Voyager returned, so it's either the former or something else.

Powered Descent posted:

The Queen is dead, you say? Jean-Luc, stop thinking in such three-dimensional terms.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

swickles posted:

No, Sisko becomes a Sovereign class.

they just shut down the deviantart thread don't get us banned

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Arivia posted:

Transporter duplicate. His crew are all transporter duplicates. And Scotty.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

They had already brought him back in the novels so it wouldn't be unheard of

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So Meyer is doing a TWoK prequel podcast "Ceti Alpha V".

https://www.engadget.com/star-trek-khan-ceti-alpha-v-original-official-podcast-nicholas-meyer-205612804.html?src=rss

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They really couldn't have a better ship design than this?

https://twitter.com/TrekCore/status/1567963434171473921?s=20&t=lFRkE_SNWR21cV70wGQLkw

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Needs more impulse drives and Bussard collectors imo

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

So much for Lower Decks being canon then since we already saw the Titan there.

Unless this is a "refit" titan being Titan-A, but it really looks like a completely different ship.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

bull3964 posted:

So much for Lower Decks being canon then since we already saw the Titan there.

Unless this is a "refit" titan being Titan-A, but it really looks like a completely different ship.
This is further into the future. Something must have happened to the Titan between the time of LD and Picard.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
that cowling over the deflector dish makes it look overweight, what the hell is that for.

also the trailer shows them going to warp right above a starbase, i guess impulse is passe now

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Matalas specified in a later tweet that yes, it's the Titan-A

e: Picard being Picard it'll probably show up for the first episode and then they'll introduce the Matalas-All-But-Promised Ent-F

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

FlamingLiberal posted:

This is further into the future. Something must have happened to the Titan between the time of LD and Picard.

Though, it's weird for Riker to say "Hello beautiful" as if it was his first command. Unless, of course, the clips are unrelated and cut together for the trailer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arivia posted:

that cowling over the deflector dish makes it look overweight, what the hell is that for.

also the trailer shows them going to warp right above a starbase, i guess impulse is passe now
Which is funny because it has an absurd number of impulse drives

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Are you sure you've got enough impulse engines there? Might want to add a couple more just to be safe.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Which is funny because it has an absurd number of impulse drives

That neck also doesn't look like saucer separation would even be possible, so there's not a need for separate saucer and star drive impulse engines.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Arivia posted:

It looks like it's badly trying to mimic the Excelsior.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That goofy undetailed cowling just ruins it for me, I'm sorry. I'm normally not remotely as picky as many people are about Starfleet ship designs, but that cowling or whatever it is just feels like some low-poly CGI out of like a worse designed 90s sci-fi show. Something new for Babylon 5 or whatever.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm not much of a starship snob but god drat that lower hull looks like it was made out of a tissue box, what an ugly ship

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So either A) they don't know that USS Titan is already a hero ship on another show or B) they are actively loving with Lower Decks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Titan-A looks so much like one of those STO Exeter/Excalibur class ships.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 8, 2022

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think it’s fine but to join in on the bashing those nacelles look absurdly huge in a couple of those shots.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

So either A) they don't know that USS Titan is already a hero ship on another show or B) they are actively loving with Lower Decks.

It's the second USS Titan, NCC-80102-A. The original Titan is either destroyed or decommissioned between LDS and PIC. A pair of Luna class ships even show up in Picard Season 2 for a couple seconds.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

It's the second USS Titan, NCC-80102-A. The original Titan is either destroyed or decommissioned between LDS and PIC. A pair of Luna class ships even show up in Picard Season 2 for a couple seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
It looks a lot like various TMP era fan designs I've seen over the years, it's even got old style ball phaser turrets. Wether this is a result of the design team doing references for fun or in story reasons will not convince me to watch it though because lmao lol