Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Piano Sonata No. 16 in C major but as Crazy Frog sounds is the death and coronation march that 2022 deserves

e: in 1953 the still uncoronated queen receives Josip Broz Tito as the first authcom head of state to visit the UK

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Now the Queen is dead and in a morgue, I bet she's glad Jimmy Savile is also dead

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Rosemary Nuffield is a piss-take account and a pretty good one at that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was assuming that not-rosie-duffield account @cyberkeir might be a jest, yes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is one of my favourite troll accounts

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1568018957810159622

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1568017270961754112

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1568016500669444096

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1568014496379334656

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Corgis were just too small to do the job.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Sorry to butt in but is the new prime minister really as bad as people say? I am a dumb American goon.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
she killed the queen. can't be all bad

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Boris Galerkin posted:

Sorry to butt in but is the new prime minister really as bad as people say? I am a dumb American goon.

We would be considerably better off if she were replaced by a smiley face drawn on a paper plate.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Guavanaut posted:

Piano Sonata No. 16 in C major but as Crazy Frog sounds is the death and coronation march that 2022 deserves

e: in 1953 the still uncoronated queen receives Josip Broz Tito as the first authcom head of state to visit the UK

I really should have been ready for a Head Over Heels reference at some point today but somehow this got me. What a game

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Boris Galerkin posted:

She's the MTG of British politics.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1567929527413637123

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Depends on what really, in some areas you likely underestimate her vicious ineptitude and hatred for the common man. Even in the internal vote of Tory party, the racists, she won with the lowest vote share in decades, for the winning PM, running against like 4’ tall dude of Indian descent with charisma of a garbage disposal.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

deano posted:

anything from Pizza Express?

https://twitter.com/PizzaExpress/status/1567963057585881088?t=cfR7h5KYXaaikLDYsS0Nag&s=19

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Depends on what really, in some areas you likely underestimate her vicious ineptitude and hatred for the common man. Even in the internal vote of Tory party, the racists, she won with the lowest vote share in decades, for the winning PM, running against like 4’ tall dude of Indian descent with charisma of a garbage disposal.

I think you mean Super Rishi

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Someone please repost the height photoshop

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

fuctifino posted:

She's the MTG of British politics.

Oh Jesus Christ

Sorry for your loss

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I'd actually disagree with that a little bit, Nadine Dorries is probably the MTG equivalent and Truss is like... I'm not sure there's an exact counterpart. Kevin McCarthy, except really popular with the party base, maybe?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Someone please repost the height photoshop

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Evergreen :laffo: cheers

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

These weird corporate sympathy notice tweets are just gaming the algorithm at this point, right? No one is waiting for Domino’s, or the Shrek musical’s commentary on this. But if you weirdly post something and people pick it up for being inappropriate, that’s free publicity.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Possibly and also tweets cost nothing. And virtue signalling the queen's death is largely popular, unfortunately.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/hepcatsector/status/1568035150751211520

:allears:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I just wondered about this myself because I posted something on LinkedIn whereas I don’t usually share anything that’s not work-related. I did hold off on a post that took a critical look at Independence Day. You won’t get any backlash for doing what millions of people are doing, but criticizing institutions is verboten.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Cup of Hemlock posted:

I just wondered about this myself because I posted something on LinkedIn whereas I don’t usually share anything that’s not work-related. I did hold off on a post that took a critical look at Independence Day. You won’t get any backlash for doing what millions of people are doing, but criticizing institutions is verboten.

never ever post anything isn't he purest kiss rear end corporate poo poo on linked in or the HR wonks will judge you

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

OwlFancier posted:

Possibly and also tweets cost nothing. And virtue signalling the queen's death is largely popular, unfortunately.

Also British tabloids are insane enough to compile a list of big brands that didn't

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Did this make it to the thread yet?

https://twitter.com/laurenthehough/status/1567925670566662145

https://twitter.com/dublincelticfan/status/1567967099368411137

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

fuctifino posted:

Did this make it to the thread yet?
Both have already been posted ITT. You've let yourself down here.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Almost kinda struck by how much I don't care about the queen dying. I mean I am having fun with the memes etc but in terms of any of the events actually meaning anything to me... I dunno, I wasn't expecting to be walking to Holyrood Palace to weep and deposit an inflatable ET or anything but like, she's an important person who's been on all the coins and the stamps etc. But it's just like, oh another noteworthy event to make memes about. This one doesn't even look like it is going to have a direct influence on increasing the amount of human suffering in the world like most of the other Big News Things in the past however many years. Maybe if she'd gone in 2016 or something it might feel more momentous but like who the hell cares, sure, whatever, put it on the pile

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Same I guess, I wonder if that counts as anhedonia :v:

But yeah curious how work's gonna be tomorrow, nobody seemed at all arsed tonight but possibly they didn't know?

weird vanilla
Mar 20, 2002
When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry.

Apraxin posted:

I'd actually disagree with that a little bit, Nadine Dorries is probably the MTG equivalent and Truss is like... I'm not sure there's an exact counterpart. Kevin McCarthy, except really popular with the party base, maybe?

Sarah Palin?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

It's been pretty business as usual down here in NZ, about the only thing of note happening is all NZ flags being flown at half-mast until King Bigears is crowned.

Aside from that, kinda difficult to care from all the way on the opposite side of the planet. :effort:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

It's been pretty business as usual down here in NZ, about the only thing of note happening is all NZ flags being flown at half-mast until King Bigears is crowned.

Meanwhile, in Oz:

https://twitter.com/MatildaBoseley/status/1567871926424731653?s=20&t=2v7N5NbCIHA2SKFCproqig

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I can't work out if the pop-up I got from my train operating company's website right now is better or worse than the time they turned the website grayscale after Racist Philip died.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

OwlFancier posted:

Same I guess, I wonder if that counts as anhedonia :v:

I think the amount of people who are actually care either way is probably not that high. The media's doing performative grief and the internet's doing performative memes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Surprised - but relieved - to log on and find only a few more posts to catch up on in the UKMT. Thought it might be an all-nighter of memes

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

I feel like if you're naming a future king you should maybe try not to give them the same name as a previous horrible failure of a king but that's just me. At least there were a couple decent Henries back there, Harry got off easy.

If Harry took the throne would he be the first or second of his name? Does Harold Godwinson count?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

CWU cancelling their strike actions is a bit pathetic, no?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I think all? of the strike action is postponed. Public opinion is important but fickle and they would get absolutely smoked if they weren't running trains so people could go to London and press F pay respects or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
The run up was interesting, will she won't she.

Now that she's gone I'm already bored of it all. Even the memes are rubbish.

Is anything else on?