Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Robbie Fowler should snort them imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://twitter.com/dublincelticfan/status/1567967099368411137?s=46&t=Fc4ylRiz3RpRp2ydchI78w

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
We’ll all Gooners when it comes to thinking about Liz’s Queen Jubblies

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is great lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Liz says she didn't want the current purple patch of her beloved gooners to be disrupted and games should go ahead

https://twitter.com/cabinetofficeuk/status/1568174425811423232?t=TKfSO75FLzRyviP9i6uo3g&s=19

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Where's this nonsense about her being an Arsenal fan come from? She was a confirmed Hammer.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Look how happy she is there, clearly a Leeds fan. Ivan Toney's hat trick at the weekend broke her heart

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

Where's this nonsense about her being an Arsenal fan come from? She was a confirmed Hammer.

Never invited West ham for a special afternoon tea did she?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Games are cancelled

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2786560

quote:

At a meeting this morning, Premier League clubs paid tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

To honour her extraordinary life and contribution to the nation, and as a mark of respect, this weekend’s Premier League match round will be postponed, including Monday evening’s game.

Richard Masters, Premier League Chief Executive, said: “We and our clubs would like to pay tribute to Her Majesty’s long and unwavering service to our country.

"As our longest-serving monarch, she has been an inspiration and leaves behind an incredible legacy following a life of dedication.

"This is a tremendously sad time for not just the nation but also for the millions of people around the world who admired her, and we join together with all those in mourning her passing.”

Further updates regarding Premier League fixtures during the period of mourning will be provided in due course.

minema
May 31, 2011
Out of respect to the Queen I'd like to go home and have a nap instead of having to be at work with my weekend plans cancelled

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
God dammit

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Who will be the first team to face calls for a points deduction for having the wrong width of black armband

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
But everyone still has to work right. Bullshit

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Flayer posted:

The UK is terminally stupid and full of royalist garbage

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ffs

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Flayer posted:

State funeral ain't gonna pay for itself

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

greazeball posted:

State funeral ain't gonna pay for itself

that sucks. at least here shinzo got blasted with a shotgun first.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Absolute wank, what's wrong with a minutes silence

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Broken loving Britain

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Good selection of League of Ireland games to choose from tonight.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
People have been pointing out that football could have put on a big show of Queen love instead of cancelling the games, so now I’m glad they aren’t playing. Looking like idiots is a bonus.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Absolute wank, what's wrong with a minutes silence

minute of applause in the 96th minute, if games end before then oh well

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Could be worse I suppose.

https://twitter.com/Naija_PR/status/1471504324945604611

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
How does postponement work? I assume they're not just going to play later in the week. Trying to figure out how I can get my money back on the tickets.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Joey Freshwater posted:

How does postponement work? I assume they're not just going to play later in the week. Trying to figure out how I can get my money back on the tickets.

They’ll just make it up during the winter brea…

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Continue with the normal schedule during the world cup, reserves and emergency signings only

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKopeQhiDo&t=26s

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

hadji murad posted:

People have been pointing out that football could have put on a big show of Queen love instead of cancelling the games, so now I’m glad they aren’t playing. Looking like idiots is a bonus.

It's so loving stupid, let's show respect to the queen by doing nothing, while all other sports carry on.

No one lifting up their shirts to show a t shirt with a picture of her Madge on.

No queen related songs from the crowd.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

It's so loving stupid, let's show respect to the queen by doing nothing, while all other sports carry on.

No one lifting up their shirts to show a t shirt with a picture of her Madge on.

No queen related songs from the crowd.

I'm told the real reason games are called off is because Liverpool fans would sing mean songs.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sassassin posted:

I'm told the real reason games are called off is because Liverpool fans would sing mean songs.

Only Liverpool?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I’m pretty sure this whole thing will blow over by the time the games resume so no one will remember to sing any songs or lead any chants referring to the Queen or her death

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Would like to thank the queen for keeping me having to watch Liverpool get embarrassed for a week

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
is this premier league really cancelled for two weeks? cmon

bit of an overreaction innit

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Surely next weekend can’t get called off as well? Or if it is a question of police resources, why not only cancel next weekend instead of this?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xabi posted:

Surely next weekend can’t get called off as well? Or if it is a question of police resources, why not only cancel next weekend instead of this?

Isn't next weekend going to be the funeral?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

TheRat posted:

Hope not, its my birthday

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

TheRat posted:

The funeral will be either Sunday or Monday I think, can't see the games going ahead in either event. If it's Monday at least we'll all get the day off to not watch football again.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/spursnewsonly/status/1568440377178312704

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

TheRat posted:

I think it’s on Monday which means that next weekend will probably be cancelled as well. This is suddenly turning into an international break 😡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xabi posted:

I think it’s on Monday which means that next weekend will probably be cancelled as well. This is suddenly turning into an international break 😡

Speaking of which, the international break is coming up.