Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's September!

Arsenal hold onto the only perfect record after 5 matches, City already look ominous and nailed on for another title, Chelsea are hilariously 10th and Brenda is hilariously dead last. Having watched Villa's defending against Arsenal Stevie G's time at Villa Park could be coming to an abrupt end before they slip too far down the table.

Fixtures

Notable matches for me are the Merseyside Derby this weekend, Arsenal's visit to Old Trafford this Sunday and the TRP mod derby on the 18th.

Still too early to predict anything other than a Bournemouth relegation and City title but please feel free to speculate and compare new signings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Can't believe arsenal are going to win the league

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Having watched Villa's defending against Arsenal Stevie G's time at Villa Park could be coming to an abrupt end before they slip too far down the table.

this is a funny framing imo because they're 19th

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Ask me last week and I'd say we'd smash United this weekend. Looking at our injuries now I'd take a draw. Zinchenko, Odegaard, Partey, Elneny, Ramsdale and apparently now Ben White (didn't train with the first team) are all injured...

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Defensive mid is the worry - having Partey, Elneny and Zinchenko all injured at the same time is some bad luck. I'd rather have Tomiyasu than White and Tierney is fine cover for Zinchenko while Viera or Smith-Rowe can replace Odegaard.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
The Merseyside Derby is going to be a big slog, as always. This is a good time for Everton to play Liverpool.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The last 3 Everton games have been absolutely miserable 1-1 slogs and the scouse derby is a poo poo game 90% of the time so not going to be watching that one

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Terrible game between terrible teams in a terrible city.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pooshited

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Torn between wanting lampard to get owned and wanting klopp to be not owned and laughing actually when Everton win 1-0 and Pickford starts throwing the ball into the stands from minute one

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Klopp and Pep have the best sideline meltdowns. Joyous to watch.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Terrible game between terrible teams in a terrible city.

But enough about Chelsea v West Ham

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This'll be the first Man Utd - Arsenal fixture in ages that feels a bit spicy instead of slightly ridiculous.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

It’s been a bad month, and it probably doesn’t get magically better from here

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

looking forward to having the black country derbies back when villa and wolves get relegated, too bad blues will be in league one

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Is Partey injured or is Arsenal finally doing the right thing

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress Arsenal

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Blasmeister posted:

It’s been a bad month, and it probably doesn’t get magically better from here

You reckon it’s on Rodgers or on the owners? Feels like they pulled the plug on the project, selling everyone worth anything and not replacing…

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Weaponized Cum posted:

gently caress Arsenal

:hmmyes:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

You reckon it’s on Rodgers or on the owners? Feels like they pulled the plug on the project, selling everyone worth anything and not replacing…

I think there’s a lot of dancing close to the FFP limits going on, as our stadium size, brand deals etc are not up to the level of sustaining a squad like the big 6 clubs (or running a cheat code stadium like West Ham). We didn’t sell a big name player last season like we had the previous ones (chilwell, Maguire, mahrez) to offset and there’s been training ground renovations and plans for stadium expansion all competing for funds. Still our squad should be better than the results. I honestly dunno if it’s just low morale at the lack of fresh players, the squad downing tools or Rodgers himself getting wanderlust.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lol where is Rodgers going to get a job after this? he probably thinks he's next in line for the city job but I can't see any but the most delusional owners backing him for a long term project

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Weaponized Cum posted:

gently caress Arsenal

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

Hell yeah Arsenal! Top of the league bitches!

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Ronaldo, Ribery, van Persie, Partey, Greenwood, Gylfi, these guys all seem to have really good first touches so...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

greazeball posted:

lol where is Rodgers going to get a job after this? he probably thinks he's next in line for the city job but I can't see any but the most delusional owners backing him for a long term project

Villa

Blasmeister posted:

I think there’s a lot of dancing close to the FFP limits going on, as our stadium size, brand deals etc are not up to the level of sustaining a squad like the big 6 clubs (or running a cheat code stadium like West Ham). We didn’t sell a big name player last season like we had the previous ones (chilwell, Maguire, mahrez) to offset and there’s been training ground renovations and plans for stadium expansion all competing for funds. Still our squad should be better than the results. I honestly dunno if it’s just low morale at the lack of fresh players, the squad downing tools or Rodgers himself getting wanderlust.

Honestly Leicester just look tired, there's an attempt to play Rodgers ball with a high line and possession but it's just all really slow and easily pressed. There's a good Tifo IRL video on the Leicester/United match. Then again there weren't even 2 CBs on the pitch for Leicester maybe things improve with the new defender coming in and Ndidi can go back into midfield.

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 3, 2022

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I could imagine Rodgers following Chris Coleman to Spain, purely for tanning purposes

and then subsequently following Chris Coleman to *checks wikipedia* a team that finished 12th in last year's Greek top-flight (which has 14 teams and two relegation slots)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

I'm also wondering if the ownership group making their money on tourism to Thailand and that having not really been a thing for going on three full years has started to hurt the bottom line. There's obviously Rodgers getting close to his expiration date, but that doesn't explain it all.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

Spotted in Bermondsey this morning…

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1566413335935025153

E Well that's a whole lot less exciting than the deleted tweet

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1566413875674812419

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

VAR seems to be way worse this season. Absolute howlers every week

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

VAR seems to be way worse this season. Absolute howlers every week

It's almost like all the worst referees retired last season and became VAR referees.

Oh right, they did.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Weird they don't mention the obvious penalty Leeds should've had?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Since I know they'd never change the points just give both keepers retrospective bans for diving

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1566433740808650758

quote:

Wolves have confirmed that new signing Sasa Kalajdzic suffered an injury to his ACL in the win over Southampton.

That's rough.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

What a free kick phwoar

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Yeah guys always come back stronger after they do their ACL

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Stronger mentally, just not in the knee.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I have it on good authority that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tell that to literally anyone Roy Keane ever tackled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!
Well, Wolves may have a replacement lined up
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1566938548938457089?t=fMyG7Rr_XtUct_O1wTic8w&s=19
Except for the part where he was rejected for a work permit
https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1567130145638473730?t=LffPmCKeLCYYNaUkfo_p5g&s=19
Edit: not technically a rejection and appeal, but rather an application after he didn't qualify for automatic acceptance since he didn't have enough appearances in his last gig

But if the appeal doesn't go through, they have a backup plan
https://twitter.com/TalkingWolves/status/1567110073196941312?t=GQAtICrdzuJTMWFindmBXw&s=19

Jethro fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Sep 6, 2022