Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Doomykins posted:

This is a ridiculously hard start even without setting myself up to die later. Tretch and Wurrzag declared and if Wurrzag didn't go full AI and siege a minor Dwarf faction capital for 10+ turns he'd be bothering me while I was fighting for my life to claim Gunbad and break Skarsnik. Early game Waaaghs are no joke.

Love the new load screen excerpts and the feeling of seeing future DLC teases. Not to mention all the Tilean captain diary excerpts.

I like this one for Belegar getting a lil Zapp Brannigan. :allears:

Ugh. Had to sack Gunbad 3 times total to make sure the grudge cleared because surprise, the 5th battle win gave me an aborted result when the faction was wiped at the same time.

And thar she is. I was at two bars, three grudges a few turns ago. Unless emptying the book helps I guess I'm just playing with -3 Control, -3% research and +0 to Diplomacy with Dwarves. Thorgrim's skills have bumped me up by +17%(blue, yellow unique) and he gets +20 Diplomacy with Dwarves as his faction buff. This stinks but it's not unplayable. Maybe hold off on your Dawi adventures until CA addresses it. It does shotgun slayers into your instant recruit pool at least.

Broke Skarsnik and got two breadbasket provinces set, Ungrim is my buffer buddy, Thorgrim is swinging around the east to go break Tretch's hat and knock the shards into his scalp, circling back to deal with Wurrzag. Got a defense stack with mostly Miners(Blasting Charges) guarding home. And had Thorgrim clear out all four quest battles in two turns, loading me down with enough oath gold to craft 75% of the banner runes, kit out my starting Engi and the Defense Lord, and to make a bunch of character runes too. 20k gold rewards + the battle xp and income too. :laffo:

It is just a beta but maybe they need the build up steps back, I've got every building slot in my starting province building tall and KaK at tier 3 20ish turns in.

Is it possible to pick Belakor without clearing RoC first? Seems a nice victory lap LL.

Rumor has it that grudges simply aren't removing the grudge points so even accomplishing them all won't remove the malus but i haven't confirmed it. I'm personally giving dawi a break until they fix it so i started up a malekith run instead in all it's game 2 race OP glory. I got like 9 hero choices without any loving mods its absurd and multiple lord choices--forgot how hosed some of the game 1 races are for lord/hero choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
there is the possibility that I am the one who got Boris and Belakor mixed up

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
RoC out with your CoC out

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Skarsnik's new start is fun as hell. Gunbad gives you money, you have an army of sneaky gits, and there's plenty of stunties to krump. Sieges, in particular, are hilarious. It's basically "oh you thought that my entire army was my hero and this Arachonok? Yeah, no, we're already inside your walls and we've captured all the points and you've lost."

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I thought he lost his spider. Is this stolen valor?

e: guess I'm wrong. Just Manny and Settra seem to have lost their monsters.

Twigand Berries fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 9, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Arghy posted:

Rumor has it that grudges simply aren't removing the grudge points so even accomplishing them all won't remove the malus but i haven't confirmed it. I'm personally giving dawi a break until they fix it so i started up a malekith run instead in all it's game 2 race OP glory. I got like 9 hero choices without any loving mods its absurd and multiple lord choices--forgot how hosed some of the game 1 races are for lord/hero choices.

My grudge points were being removed, I went from 4 bars to 2 after getting 5 wins on Skarsnik. The problem is I magically went to 120/80 points for no reason between a random turn and I don't think there's any chance they'll drop again unless I hold 0 grudges. Luckily Thorgrim is the best equipped to deal with it, though constant Slayer access fits Ungrim well too.

RVT posted:

I don't remember ever finishing a RoC campaign and I can pick him normally. But to be clear, I'm talking about IE, and that's where his gates really shine. Being able to instantly teleport across the big giant map is just unbelievably huge.

Cease to Hope posted:

No (except for the part where you get him as a bonus lord when you finish ROC). I think Doomykins is confusing Belakor with Boris, who you had to unlock by finishing ROC with Kislev until 2.1.

I was asking if CA made you beat RoC once to get Belakor in IE but looks like not. It'd be fitting to get people to "appreciate" RoC once and get a super LL as a reward.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

seems like using underway to hop around in majorly corrupted provinces avoids attrition

no idea why or if it's meant to be that way :shrug:

also just had a new one - skaven attacked one of my forts, then bunched up at the entrance and just stood around getting blown to bits by towers

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Underway has immunity to attrition in the tooltip, enjoy it. Underway is an amazing stance as long as you don't think "I just have to not get intercepted" before you use it, activating the desire sensor.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
it's best to assume you will be intercepted

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Underway interceptions are in some ways good because while your units get reduced stats, the enemy also starts at the other end of a big corridor so if you're a dwarf you just shoot them to pieces.

It's like you brought the corner camp with you and the rats decided to throw themselves at it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i did not know about the reduced stats, what

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Isn't there a leadership debuff from being ambushed/intercepted?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

It's a game 3 thing, you get a debuff that expires after i think 1 minute of reduced stats encouraging the ambusher to attack as quickly as possible.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
oh so totally irrelevant for underway interceptions, lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Doesn't the stance give you penalties to the army?

E: is that a modded thing? I could have sworn that was vanilla WH2.

It's only minor like -5 to MA etc.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?
Playing my first Nurgle campaign on Hard mode.

Which Lord should I use for my 2nd Army? There are two choices and they seem kind of identical, though you get to pick between Lore of Death and Lore of Nurgle I believe.

What is really the difference between the infantry I should be using? They all seem to be slow mofos that charge like grandmas.

What buildings are good to focus on first? They are all so expensive and I am so broke. I wanted to invade Cathay but loving Valkia immediately wardecced me with her Norscan slaves the moment I took my first province. Now I'm dancing around as Norscan full stacks sail towards my ports and sail away the moment I get my army into the port. I can never catch them.

I got crushed by Dorfs in my first Quest Battle because their reinforcement cannons just have perfect accuracy on Kugath and take him out almost immediately, he's too slow to dodge anything or get out of their range.

I am playing Realms of Chaos because I thought it would have more Fun Lore Stuff for the Nurgleboiz but is IE any better/different for him? I'm aware that Festus is probably better but I wanted to use lots of Nurglings very badly and if I only got a few demon slots in Festus army then I probably should use some of the bigger stuff.

I'm kind of confused about all these buildings - do I really only need to build up one province since I can globally recruit anywhere?

Also: When the hell do I get cool loading screen quotes? My game is still telling me about Monsters and Ogre Bulls and other tooltip stuff. This is my 2nd campaign.

Mr. Grapes! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 9, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Huh, hell, underway doesn't have any penalties in WH3, ok yeah just loving use it all the time then why the gently caress not, you would actually be better off if you took the skills that give you buffs on underway intercepts. I guess that must be why they added the penalties for SFO or whatever.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Playing my first Nurgle campaign on Hard mode.

Which Lord should I use for my 2nd Army? There are two choices and they seem kind of identical, though you get to pick between Lore of Death and Lore of Nurgle I believe.

What buildings are good to focus on first? They are all so expensive and I am so broke. I wanted to invade Cathay but loving Valkia immediately wardecced me with her Norscan slaves the moment I took my first province. Now I'm dancing around as Norscan full stacks sail towards my ports and sail away the moment I get my army into the port. I can never catch them.

I prefer the chaos sorcerer lord. The have a better red tree and when they become a demon prince they get a special skill to give plague bearers reflect, which is amazing.

The plague bearer basic military building gives 50% more income than infrastructure buildings and gives you good frontliners. Kugath should probably only use nurglings until you have lots of money since they are cheap and he makes them decent.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How are rats in IE? Ikit Claw was my most played LL, but I want to try someone new. Skrolk seems fun, but it seems like the DLC lords with special attributes are just way better. is Throt good fun?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
Couldn't get the landmark mod to work (guess you had some other mod too? But I got confused because the landmark mod says you didn't need it.). Too bad, there were some bonkers landmarks and there were just a lot more of them overall which made things interesting.

Started a Khatep campaign, it's been a while since I played Tomb Kings. Totally forgot about the build discount edict, could've saved me so much money. Their buildings are pricey and slow to build but considering its just about the only gold sink you actually have that's not too bad. Some fun things I've observed:

-They've toned down the tier requirements for some buildings which is nice (though I have T4 settlement mod anyway, sadly in this case Tomb Kings can't get much use of it compared to races whose infrastructure buildings can go up to tier 5 potentially.)

-I don't feel like the chariot archers you get from the garrison building are really going to do much; guess kite some slow units around until they run out of ammo? Getting a T3 walled settlement with them is rather pricey. I haven't used them on the new minor settlement maps though so maybe walls aren't necessary?

-Autoresolve definitely doesn't factor that free Ushtabi unit you'll get from realm of souls. Speaking of RoS, does it let you repeat the 3 tiers a second time after you get the Ushtabi summon? That would be nice if that global heal kept popping.

-I had picked Khatep because I was going to do some gimmick with accumulating lots of jars then it occurred to me its just simpler to win battles and raze crappy settlements. It's fun to wait till an enemy re settles a ruin only to raze it again for another +30 jars.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Skrolk's super good fwiw. It's Queek that's a bit too vanilla.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Panfilo posted:

Couldn't get the landmark mod to work (guess you had some other mod too? But I got confused because the landmark mod says you didn't need it.). Too bad, there were some bonkers landmarks and there were just a lot more of them overall which made things interesting.

Started a Khatep campaign, it's been a while since I played Tomb Kings. Totally forgot about the build discount edict, could've saved me so much money. Their buildings are pricey and slow to build but considering its just about the only gold sink you actually have that's not too bad. Some fun things I've observed:

-They've toned down the tier requirements for some buildings which is nice (though I have T4 settlement mod anyway, sadly in this case Tomb Kings can't get much use of it compared to races whose infrastructure buildings can go up to tier 5 potentially.)

-I don't feel like the chariot archers you get from the garrison building are really going to do much; guess kite some slow units around until they run out of ammo? Getting a T3 walled settlement with them is rather pricey. I haven't used them on the new minor settlement maps though so maybe walls aren't necessary?

-Autoresolve definitely doesn't factor that free Ushtabi unit you'll get from realm of souls. Speaking of RoS, does it let you repeat the 3 tiers a second time after you get the Ushtabi summon? That would be nice if that global heal kept popping.

-I had picked Khatep because I was going to do some gimmick with accumulating lots of jars then it occurred to me its just simpler to win battles and raze crappy settlements. It's fun to wait till an enemy re settles a ruin only to raze it again for another +30 jars.

Chariot archers are the same as regular chariots but they also shoot while not in melee. They're pretty decent given how wide the TK settlement maps are.

I think the Landmarks mod needs Mixu's unlocker IIRC

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I finished the kislev campaign and wanted to try IE Boris Ursus. It didn't unlock him lmao

I think I didn't hit next turn, continue game is before the battle with Belakor lmao.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
FWIW, there's two landmark mods I know of, which may explain the confusion:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2794696516&searchtext=landmark

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2854346056&searchtext=landmark

The former hasn't been updated yet but doesn't need Mixu's Unlocker, but it'll be updated within the day and will then require it.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

JBP posted:

I finished the kislev campaign and wanted to try IE Boris Ursus. It didn't unlock him lmao

I think I didn't hit next turn, continue game is before the battle with Belakor lmao.

it should unlock him as soon as you finish his quest, you don't even need to beat the campaign.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
skrolk's plagues are bugged iirc and don't work properly.

Eshin is pretty fun but can get rough if you cant' get dark elf pirate man on your side. Really wish triads/deathrunners weren't smaller size units

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm trying Skarsnik since his start is apparently easier now. Gobbos are kind of like green rats.

edit: wait can I exclusively use gobbos with him?

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 9, 2022

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RoyalScion posted:

skrolk's plagues are bugged iirc and don't work properly.

Eshin is pretty fun but can get rough if you cant' get dark elf pirate man on your side. Really wish triads/deathrunners weren't smaller size units
Eshin should just do like the AI rat ninja did in my Vilitch game and beg and plead until your big brothers go kill everything east of the mountains for you

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I'm trying Skarsnik since his start is apparently easier now. Gobbos are kind of like green rats.

edit: wait can I exclusively use gobbos with him?
Oh yes. And you can get mindboggling Gobbo upkeep reduction. Like.... Skarsnik gives 40% and you can get a total of 75% without much effort other than rushing two techs (one for 25% gobbo upkeep and one for 10% overall upkeep) plus there is a pretty common trait that lords OR heroes can get for 15% more. Plus you can get 17% from skills.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How are rats in IE? Ikit Claw was my most played LL, but I want to try someone new. Skrolk seems fun, but it seems like the DLC lords with special attributes are just way better. is Throt good fun?

Tretch is wild fun now, which was...unexpected. They all own, honestly. Ikit's start is somehow loving easier since you've got so many destruction aligned factions around you with mutual enemies who tend to run into/at other enemies that allow you decide whom you are going to backstab and under what conditions. Wood Elves are still a pain in the dick, but whatever, they suck poo poo at attacking settlements as AI and rats have absurd settlements. A crap stack of skavenslingers + a lord will AR win against a full Orion stack so just park one on the border if you really care.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm having an issue playing as Luthor Harkon where I can't recruit a Queen Bess? I did the rite, it says it's in the unit pool. Greyed out when I want to pick it up.

Do i need to be somewhere special? I can't do it encamped or at sea.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ardent Communist posted:

it should unlock him as soon as you finish his quest, you don't even need to beat the campaign.

I just looked it up. Why do you have to jump through this stupid hoop lmao.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

JBP posted:

No you need to do his quest after holding the 3 main cities for like 5 or 10 turns

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Caidin posted:

I'm having an issue playing as Luthor Harkon where I can't recruit a Queen Bess? I did the rite, it says it's in the unit pool. Greyed out when I want to pick it up.

Do i need to be somewhere special? I can't do it encamped or at sea.

It being a regiment of renown recruitment I think you need to be in an owned or friendly province but I could be wrong

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

PlushCow posted:

It being a regiment of renown recruitment I think you need to be in an owned or friendly province but I could be wrong

Ugh, that might be it. Well the Donut is getting a bit hot right now anyway. Might as well pull Luthor back since Markus is rolling 3 stacks deep into my section of Lustria.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

They can only point that stick in one direction at a time, if microing the cavalry is too much effort, Ikit claw is right over there.

Peasant infantry and archers aren't that bad with the right leadership boosters behind them, but you can completely go full cavalry with Bretonnia, that was my first campaign winning stack with them and it rolled everything it came across including the final battle, Louen, a couple heroes, a treb for "siege attacker" and the rest knights of various types.

Ya I used the archers and men at arms which are peasants but getting the shield upgrade was definitely needed imo. I still have only shock cav but doing the hammer anvil strategy is a lot easier when your infantry don't get rolled immediately. Bretonnia's start is kinda meh since the chivalry bonus takes forever to get a green knight so you don't really have a useful civ advantage early on. You can't also get too many stacks going since you are limited by farms/settlements on how many peasants you can draft.

I finally managed to clear the main threats after a few campaign restarts. Got Marienburg, got rid of the orcs, got rid of Kemmler, got Mousillion. Slanesh across the sea on the West have declared war on me but no moves from that yet, Wulfrik declared war but he hasn't landed yet, only been sailing around Couronne. Not sure where to go next. I have few Bretonnia's to confederate which I am working through with the diplo. Is it worth going at the Fay Enchantress? I really don't want to go into Norsca territory, whenever I did that as Kislev it was a nightmare in the regular campaign.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Alctel posted:

No you need to do his quest after holding the 3 main cities for like 5 or 10 turns

I’ve heard conflicting things that Boris can only be unlocked in the base W3 campaign and not IE. (Apparently there are also mods that will just unlock him for you without having to do that)

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Dumb/old question but what's the usecase for wizard lords as opposed to "Beefy motherfucker with a wizard hero in tow" ? Not talking LLs or special characters, just generic lords.

Like, Kislev can recruit either for more or less the same tech & price. Is there a point ever recruiting an Ice Witch Lord I'm not seeing (let's assume I don't give a poo poo about the few traits they get through their training) ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a mod that fixes the colors for the Knights of the Realm. They aren't supposed to be uniform.