Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
as in, look at dat rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nova_Crystallis/status/1568029176975728641?s=20&t=_5XLIaWYWyhaq7oczithxw

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Yesterday I completed the first ShadowB dungeon. It had an option to run it with NPC story characters, which I used. It served to underline, once again, that this game (or specifically this story, themes and all) didn't need to be an MMO. It doesn't make sense that it's an MMO. It doesn't do anything with the fact that it's an MMO. It would be better if it wasn't an MMO. etc. This is all arguable but that's my current stance

I think one advantage that it gets from being an MMO is that it could basically be treated like a long-running serialized TV series. If it was just one standalone game, it never would've been like that--no way they'd sell that many expansions for a standalone, single-player game, let alone all the story patches in between.

Even though it didn't need to be a multiplayer game to tell this story, I think it wouldn't be what it is today if it didn't have the MMO format and longevity.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah cos no one would play it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Man, I don't know whether to get Splatoon 3 right away or wait until my birthday weekend next week when I have more time to play.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Man, I don't know whether to get Splatoon 3 right away or wait until my birthday weekend next week when I have more time to play.

buy it right now and quit your job

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

But I need my job to buy video games!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
With the future of the company in peril, Blizzard unleashes their secret weapon; Dva 2

https://twitter.com/Stylosa/status/1567986987617099776?s=20&t=oTrniOMWzP5U08j9AQFoUQ

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Christ, the picture of her holding the riceballs, everything about Blizzard design intent is cringey as hell

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
thats just green haired tracer

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Someone replying on Twitter pointed it out and I never thought of it this way

The way blizzard designs their women is a boon to fan artists who can learn the entire cast with just one face.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What was the first dlc?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Trial of the Dragon King, it had Bahamut and the Actual Warrior of Light

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Trial of the Dragon King, it had Bahamut and the Actual Warrior of Light

Did he have sword-chucks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sadly no

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SeXReX posted:

Someone replying on Twitter pointed it out and I never thought of it this way

The way blizzard designs their women is a boon to fan artists who can learn the entire cast with just one face.

they've got characters like pharah that manage to break the mold but i'm pretty sure there's some marketing dipshit insisting that every woman in history has a soft oval jawline and almond-shaped disney eyes and so that's what the artists drum up

riot fell victim to this recently with zeri's release and it took a lot of community harumphing to get her splash art changed to looking like her actual model instead of another doe-eyed princess

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Gripweed posted:

With the future of the company in peril, Blizzard unleashes their secret weapon; Dva 2

https://twitter.com/Stylosa/status/1567986987617099776?s=20&t=oTrniOMWzP5U08j9AQFoUQ

I really like all of Overwatch's character designs but man this reeks of trying too hard

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

when your character design concept can be summed up as "legally distinct yuffie", it may be time to go back to the drawing board

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gripweed posted:

reddit rear end design

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Short hair Ahri

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where do they fall on The Diversity Tool

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

still less useful as a metric than the stand power charts they have in jojo's interstitials

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That's hosed up, yo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Christ, the picture of her holding the riceballs, everything about Blizzard design intent is cringey as hell

Those are donuts

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

Those are donuts

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Eat you culturally diverse hamburgers, Apollo.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Infinitum posted:

god being a corporate consultant must own

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Tonight I finally realise my dreams of becoming a blitzball. Also I need to figure out Kalika temple trial to get the cool treasure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Today's entry in game soundtrack's that surprisingly go really loving hard: Mr Nutz - Hopping Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OB0FEaq3ZQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I finally realise my dreams of becoming a blitzball

*proudly watching on* He spent years of training for this moment :unsmith:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The poyo shot

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Whizzing Wizard posted:

List of games where the Queen dies.

1. FF9

2. Chess

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mournful woomy for her majesty the Queen as I download Splatoon 3 :woomy:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

VideoGames posted:

Tonight I finally realise my dreams of becoming a blitzball. Also I need to figure out Kalika temple trial to get the cool treasure.

Did you enjoy meeting the Luca Goers?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Did you enjoy meeting the Luca Goers?

YES! They were hilarious. I can guess they are going to be my rivals if I stick playing Blitzball :D Kind of excited to get into some serious sports rivalry!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Outraged that Veeg would be so disrespectful as to stream during our time of mourning...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Outraged that Veeg would be so disrespectful as to stream during our time of mourning...

British people shouldn't even be posting they should be going to Balmoral to cry.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If I don't get an extra day off work out of this, so help me god....

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

British people shouldn't even be posting they should be going to Balmoral to cry.

If I'm still working then I'm still posting :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

VideoGames posted:

YES! They were hilarious. I can guess they are going to be my rivals if I stick playing Blitzball :D Kind of excited to get into some serious sports rivalry!

The true rival in Blitzball is the RNG. And the Al Bhed Psyches.