Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Just picked up my copy, can't wait to play (once the software finishes updating...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Played a couple of matches yesterday ad midnight and the gunplay was very solid; It feels a bit less floaty than 2 and the stages were fun, with a lot of moving parts. Got to level 4 in a rush because I need to feel fresh.
I restarted from scratch because gently caress cumulative ranking, I wasn't THAT good. I would get crushed getting in after more than a year not playing at all.

I roamed a fair bit around town and couldn't find the locker room!
Can't wait to ser it during splatfests!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The new pro controller comes out tomorrow right? I never have used before but I’ll get one for this game

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The new pro controller comes out tomorrow right? I never have used before but I’ll get one for this game

I love my 8bitdo controller for all things platform but for anything 3d yeah, Pro all the way.
Just for fun, try the joycons nunchuk style, I never managed to get comfortable with them but have a friend who manages some ridiculous charger shots with the things.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 9, 2022

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Booted up the game and…

https://twitter.com/LuigiThirty/status/1568111730798247937?s=20&t=1X3Z80BnURVuOyJ14i5y9w

RIP miiverse, long live the miiverse

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Tafferling posted:

I roamed a fair bit around town and couldn't find the locker room!
Can't wait to ser it during splatfests!

The locker room is inside the multiplayer lobby, not the town itself

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can’t say I had the best experience playing ranked right away, especially with it being clam blitz.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have only known Lil' Buddy for an hour but if anything happens to them I will splat everyone and then splat myself

Also, as an unrelated aside, I am sure that having them eat large quantities of an unknown, mutagenic substance is completely safe and will not come back to bite me in the worst possible time! :v:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Played a bit and loved how fast and easy it was to just keep queuing up with my husband. Definitely the most solid iteration of Splatoon :toot:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
the undercover brella is sick wtf

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have something important to say; Splatoon 3 is really good everyone.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Played some of the story mode. Game is indeed good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

MetaMeme posted:

the undercover brella is sick wtf

I love it. I'm not great at it, but I think I'm going to try to main it because despite being a splat machine with tri-slosher I can't stand ink-jet. It kills all my momentum and I become a sitting duck, going to have to wait for a better kit.

Reef Shark is super cool and even if it's heavily telegraphed you can still get the drop on people with it. Splatting two people with it in one go was the highlight of my runs this morning.

Game still great.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I have something important to say; Splatoon 3 is really good everyone.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

lmao at the crab tank level, especially the music clearly just saying CRAB TANK over and over again for the lyrics.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I might be obsessing over Nope a bit much lately but I couldn't help but double take looking up at a Flyfish's rain cloud.

Also while the higher levels of Salmon Run quickly turn into a nightmare, I don't miss the lower ones. Stuck with two Steelheads, a Splat Roller, and three teammates who apparently cannot aim.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 9, 2022

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
nintendo made a mistake making salmon run no longer seasonal because i'm going to play it until i get physically sick

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't mean to be controversial here, but: splatoon

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I’ve tried playing online for the last 3 hours to only get communication errors. Only had 5 matches and still only at level 3. Very frustrating.

Also The Zapfish is kidnapped again? Really? Sigh.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Ah, the exquisite agony of my favouritest gun, the 96 Gal, being paired up with a new special I have absolutely no idea how to use (Ink Vac).

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Salmon Run is just so good. The Grizzco chopper circling you whilst you’re working makes it feel even more unsettling.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I played a couple rounds of Turf War this morning and got completely destroyed. But now I have a few more weapons unlocked so maybe I will do better? I’ll check out Salmon Run and single player after work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I played a couple rounds of Turf War this morning and got completely destroyed. But now I have a few more weapons unlocked so maybe I will do better? I’ll check out Salmon Run and single player after work.

This is my experience exactly. I think I splatted two players, and got completely owned otherwise.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is my experience exactly. I think I splatted two players, and got completely owned otherwise.

Yeah I got splatted six times in one round and each player on the other team had at least 5 splats lol oh well!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So how does your rank transfer over? That is what people were saying elsewhere

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Astro7x posted:

So how does your rank transfer over? That is what people were saying elsewhere

If you have a Splatoon 2 save you can import it, you get some weapon tokens to unlock your weapon of choice before you reach its required level, can play ranked sooner and will start at a higher rank based on your Spla2n rank.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The new locker stuff is great and I've already seen some insanely dripped-out lockers. I'm so glad Splatoon is back.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

aka: You start at rank B- instead of C- with a transfer.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The issue is that you’re probably getting in matches with people who have unlocked other guns. The Splattershot Jr is good at spraying ink everywhere, which is why a new player starts with it because it shows them what’s important in turf battles better, but it has a very short range so you’ll often start taking damage before you can even hit the person shooting at you.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Weird question but for character creation aesthetic purposes (and being fresh, yo) do octolings still have asymmetrical teeth like previous or are they symmetrical like inklings?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

hows the netcode looking? going to rush out and buy this at lunch if nintendo hasnt goofed things

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Seems similar to 2 to me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Very cool to have a connection error on the final wave and, not only does it not even grant partial credit, it counted as a loss and reduced my rank.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

w00tmonger posted:

hows the netcode looking? going to rush out and buy this at lunch if nintendo hasnt goofed things

Someone earlier in the thread was saying that the biggest changes between 2 & 3 were behind the scenes including the netcode. They’re using the same system as Monster Hunter Rise which is apparently really good.

Multiplayer stats are stored on Nintendo’s end so no more save editing to raise level/rank/whatever.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm so loving happy that salmon run is 24/7 now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ground out enough points to grab that rewards bag real quick. Basically an expert at finding hidden poo poo on Nintendo webpages now.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Relyssa posted:

I'm so loving happy that salmon run is 24/7 now

throwing eggs into the basket is a huge game changer and it makes griz so much more fun now

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm not sure how to feel about choosing to be a octoling and the game opening up with Cuddlefish just talking about how stinky dirty and awful octopuses are then asking for my help lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about choosing to be a octoling and the game opening up with Cuddlefish just talking about how stinky dirty and awful octopuses are then asking for my help lol

Messed up but kinda makes sense considering he’s old and octolongs have only been accepted for a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Saint Freak posted:

Ground out enough points to grab that rewards bag real quick. Basically an expert at finding hidden poo poo on Nintendo webpages now.

Would have completely forgotten about this. Fortunately had enough missions left to grind out 800 points and order my bag :toot:

Rip all my expired platinum points over the years