Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

Did you have issues getting the audio to work?

nope! plays best on the X, smooth all the way through. was shocked to immediately get into a multiplayer match but im not gonna get into a whole other multi game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kingdom Hearts Re:Tarded

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

70) Bleed 2 (Hard Mode)

Arf is right, this game whips. Mostly Cs and Bs, but I don't think that's terrible for a first run through.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Drip Feed (1 level for Doom II, 2010, UV). 3/5. perfectly servicable huge sprawly castle level...nothing really stands out but nothing really sucked, a nice adventure.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

17. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (32% completion)

uncertain if it's because i had already beaten Crash 1 & 2 beforehand, but Warped felt way easier, and less nostalgic than i thought it would be. probably the weakest out of the original trio imo, even if the final Cortex battle felt like the best among all three. the time travel gimmick could've been neat if every single one of the non-traditional stages wasn't either a cakewalk or noticeably tedious. oh, well

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

virtua cop (saturn)

this game is so good, i知 really happy to have discovered it. beat it in four credits, i値l try to top that but i wanted to put this achievement on the board.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Spoderman posted:

virtua cop (saturn)

this game is so good, i知 really happy to have discovered it. beat it in four credits, i値l try to top that but i wanted to put this achievement on the board.

The commercial for the game kicks rear end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VvM3gTiokw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Spoderman posted:

virtua cop (saturn)

Spoderman posted:

virtua cop (saturn)

Sega consoles had some cool action games. Die hard on t he Dreamcast kicks rear end too

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Slay the Spire (First heart kill, Ironclad, A1)

I killed the heart again as the Silent on A2.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man 4 - these games are starting to blur together but this one has the charge shot and worse music than 2 & 3

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
30. Call of Duty IV-2 (Regular, 55% Completion)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

70) Bleed 2 (Hard Mode)

Arf is right, this game whips. Mostly Cs and Bs, but I don't think that's terrible for a first run through.

what a cool goddamn game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Frenz posted:

Mega Man 4 - these games are starting to blur together but this one has the charge shot and worse music than 2 & 3

The music in 4 is also good and you can make mega man headbang to it with the wire power.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
3. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Kirby and the Forgotton Land

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Sam Barlow's Immortality

Presumably there's another 500 scenes to unlock but credits rolled and I'm sick of getting sent to the same wrap party over and over again. I liked it better than Her Story.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

The music in 4 is also good and you can make mega man headbang to it with the wire power.

Cossack 2 and Wily 1 are bangers.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

I killed the heart again as the Silent on A2.

And the watcher.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Cossack 2 and Wily 1 are bangers.

This.

Also Dust man, Dive man, Skull man, and Ring man have really grown on me over the years. It's a good soundtrack yall.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mm4 soundtrack is good, the same guy from mm3 wrote a lot of it. not as good as mm3's but still good.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)

i always thought it was silly they let you skip the whole castle section in great cave offensive. nonetheless great game.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Blasphemous: really cool game, the art is incredibly good and it's probably only behind hollow knight and metroid dread as the best metroidvanias I've played in the last 5 years

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

ArfJason posted:

what a cool goddamn game

It was fun going from "What a weird control scheme for a platformer" to "Oh this makes sense." in like 3 seconds.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
splatoon 3 single player (100%)

maybe not as good as octo expansion, but still the second best campaign the series has had. can't wait to see what they do with the dlc expansion, if it's as big of a leap as base splatoon 2 to octo expansion it's gonna be wild. anyway time to play multiplayer for like 300 hours

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Final Fantasy V - Pixel Remaster
2. Monster Hunter Rise (first credits)
3. Elden Ring
4. Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - Hard Mode (all main missions)
5. Ghostwire: Tokyo - hard, all side missions, all yokai
6. Chrono Trigger - All Sidequests
7. Death Stranding
8. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge - 4p co-op (Michelangelo)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
10. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
11. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
12. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade
13. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
14. Super Mario RPG

Really fun and cute game. I could not have beat the last few bosses without putting the Lazy Shell armor on Peach.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
hyrule warriors age of calamity

Good poo poo. maybe overly relies on time limits to create difficulty but warriors games tend to skew quite easy so I get why they do it

was gonna list favourite playstyles but thinking on it there's way too many that are fun. the flail, master cycle, both zoras, both birds, urbosa, yunobo, kohga, the monk, the king. the only person I ever dread playing is the fairy probably

e: impa also good

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Neon White (all gifts, plat'ed every level 100%) - the gameplay of this is really great. i like when games make leaderboards a part of your progression/skill. i had a lot of fun speedrunning a bit faster and faster to beat peoples times. the story is bland and the writing should be considered suicide ideation.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nutmeg posted:

Neon White (all gifts, plat'ed every level 100%) - the gameplay of this is really great. i like when games make leaderboards a part of your progression/skill. i had a lot of fun speedrunning a bit faster and faster to beat peoples times. the story is bland and the writing should be considered suicide ideation.

it's funny that every single review ive heard has been this. i should just play it already cuz i listened to the soundtrack like 4 times. it's all by machine girl.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

it's all by machine girl.

!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/f8Kjn9qw-rw

it's uploaded by their distributor and everything

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

https://youtu.be/f8Kjn9qw-rw

it's uploaded by their distributor and everything

sick. guess I should play it too :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Crumpets (8 levels for Doom II, 2015, HMP Pistol Start). 4/5. another ribbiks set so i opted for HMP, which was still rough. this is a set of brown, sludgey mini levels, everything was an under 100ish monster count but extremely tightly balanced, relied on a lot of monster infighting and planning routes to scrounge for ammo and leave fights for later. a real blast, only the final level was annoying, the whole design ethos reminded me of Sucker Punch 2. i like this kind of hyper compact action that still sprinkles in some key hunting and puzzles and even secrets on a few maps. really enjoyed it.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

12. Splatoon 3 story mode

So much better than the single player in base splatoon 2.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The Artful Escape

Pretty fun game pass adventure, run through trippy alien worlds and listen to guitar solos for three hours.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

This.

Also Dust man, Dive man, Skull man, and Ring man have really grown on me over the years. It's a good soundtrack yall.

tmfc posted:

mm4 soundtrack is good, the same guy from mm3 wrote a lot of it. not as good as mm3's but still good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ic5rjqYdgc
you all invoked savaged regime to make a remix of mm4 somehow

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

imp magic ftw

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

ArfJason posted:

awesome!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

during the pandemic I decided to play through all 3 kingdom hearts games in 2020 and there is a vine swinging segment in tarzan or whatever in KH1 and I got so angry that I had to take off work the next day

I got the KH mega collection in January 2020 with the plan of playing all of them (like 9 games). Got thru like 90% of the first game up to the last dungeon, then everything went to hell and I never got back to it lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got the KH mega collection in January 2020 with the plan of playing all of them (like 9 games). Got thru like 90% of the first game up to the last dungeon, then everything went to hell and I never got back to it lol

literally the worst time to play a mentally ill game like that haha

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Mega Man 5 - you can tell it was rushed and barely play tested. it's a weird mix of brain dead easy and incredibly frustrating parts where it seems like the levels are designed using respawning enemies as speed bumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I like mm5 a lot. I was going for no death in it for a while but there's a couple of run enders in wily that I eventually got fed up with. Overall its a very easy game though imo compared to previous megamans