Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think people just don't like that the new movie coming out has Jared Leto and I don't like that it doesn't have Daft Punk, I know they split but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tron Legacy was a very bad movie but a very good music video

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It was fine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's a new movie?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The tron IP has never been hotter

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jared Leto shouldn't be allowed in the same Zipcode as a camera after the cinematic disaster that was his "performance" in House of Gucci

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I'll accept Leto if it results in another Tron: Evolution or better.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Tron 2.0 canon?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Oxxidation posted:

it turned into a thing because one of the mods was a thief who was deliberately stoking the flames to gain an admin position and continue scamming people with impunity

who's this about?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rinkles posted:

who's this about?

Koala's March

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I think people just don't like that the new movie coming out has Jared Leto and I don't like that it doesn't have Daft Punk, I know they split but still.

Wait, they're making a third Tron movie?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rinkles posted:

who's this about?

not naming names but there's an admin abusing their position to get free kirby avatars

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

virtual novel

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Feels Villeneuve posted:

not naming names but there's an admin abusing their position to get free kirby avatars

NAME NAMES

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

NAME NAMES

i can't discuss Mr. Games at this time. Crap no that's too obvious, just call him Video

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Has anyone played the Klonoa remasters? I'm tempted to pick em up, never got to play the originals.

i never played the originals but they seemed pretty perfect to me. and also got me to check out every other game in the series lol, moonlight museum and heroes both just got english translation patches so it's a great time to play klonoa

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm waiting for the klonoa collection to go on sale because £45 is too much so for now my only door to phantomile is the ridge racer type 4 original soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIOPZXV7I9w

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

the grid....

a digital frontier.

i tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer.

what did they look like? ships? motorcycles? were the circuits like freeways?

i dreamt of a world i thought i'd never see.

and then one day....

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hatty posted:

Is Tron 2.0 canon?

i loved this game, so it's canon to me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
tron legacy establishes a really sick world out of the concept so its easy for me to forgive that everything else about it sucks

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
this is in contrast to something like speed racer which is perfect on every level

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Violen posted:

tron legacy establishes a really sick world out of the concept so its easy for me to forgive that everything else about it sucks

It gave us one of Daft Punk's best fits.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/Keeoh/status/1568292649161072641

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

What the hell?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

that;s gotta be the weirdest streaming setup i've ever seen

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That show case for Marvel games was a whole lot of nothing.

The Captain America one having Amy Henning though does have me a bit interested.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
the only marvel game i care about is the new marvel vs capcom that hideaki itsuno is developing in my dreams

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/TWTHEREDDRAGON/status/1568386365825421313

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm almost certain that's meant to be placeholder audio lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Giving a lot of pauly shore pinocchio feelings there

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ffxiv:
I fell into a plugin hole. Lots of impressive QoL mods exist for this game, plenty of room for customization, it’s really awesome.

But it seems like Square is strongly against their use, idk if they actually crack down on casual use or not but my goon guild friends were very insistant that we Cannot discuss plugins in guild chat

I’m sure Square has some valid reasons for not supporting them and in fact opposing them, but at the same time I’m just kinda like, c’mon man. Trust me, trust your fans

So far my faves are: disabling the imo awful warrior swirly buff effect; displaying the name of the currently-playing song; condensing combo buttons; alerting you if you’re out of tank stance as a tank; changing the colour of your guildmates’ nameplates so they stand out from the crowd

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
iirc except for actual factual cheaters they've never bothered to crack down on people using cosmetic/qol mods unless they got wild on a stream

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
condensing combo buttons means youre a scrub though sorry to say

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the real reason they're banned is because console users can't install them and it's create an unfair and potentially toxic environment both for console players and pc players who just don't want to use them. The ones that don't really matter well, don't really matter, but s-e has started cracking down on people raiding with ones that give an advantage during world first races

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jay Rust posted:

Ffxiv:
I fell into a plugin hole. Lots of impressive QoL mods exist for this game, plenty of room for customization, it’s really awesome.

But it seems like Square is strongly against their use, idk if they actually crack down on casual use or not but my goon guild friends were very insistant that we Cannot discuss plugins in guild chat

I’m sure Square has some valid reasons for not supporting them and in fact opposing them, but at the same time I’m just kinda like, c’mon man. Trust me, trust your fans

So far my faves are: disabling the imo awful warrior swirly buff effect; displaying the name of the currently-playing song; condensing combo buttons; alerting you if you’re out of tank stance as a tank; changing the colour of your guildmates’ nameplates so they stand out from the crowd

for a pretty long time they had a pretty laissez-faire just-don't-be-too-obvious-about-it policy about clientside mods despite them being technically against the ToS.
they even added some features to the game that were previously part of mods, like adding info to item tooltips on collectible stuff like song rolls / minions about whether you already own a copy.

but they started cracking down more when a lot of people moved over from WoW and people were openly streaming, like, savage raid progression, with mods that showed the upcoming boss mechanic and stuff (stuff like that is allowed and even explicitly supported in WoW)

they're still totally fine if you play on your own but prepare to eat a temp ban if you use them on stream

e:
some plugins i recommend:
  • Chat Bubbles!! this should really be a base game feature. it gives players chat bubbles above their heads just like the ones talking npcs get.
  • the Teleporter plugin that lets you type stuff like "/tp ul'dah" in your chat box instead of going through the graphical teleport menu to select a destination. I thought it was pretty handy.
  • NoSoliciting is just a chat filter that cuts out rmt spam in chat way more effectively than ffxiv does itself. Plus you can filter stuff like join-our-FC spam too.
  • PriceCheck looks up an item's marketboard price when you hover over it and hold a button so you can figure out whether to vendor trash it or sell it on the marketboard

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 10, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm almost certain that's meant to be placeholder audio lol

I'm betting on the actual audio being worse.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

condensing combo buttons means youre a scrub though sorry to say

No way, you need to fully understand the flow of your class’ base moveset to be able to turn on the combo condenser. A newbie/scrub would flail around and not know when to ease off, or, in the case of combos with multiple finishers, figure out which one most befits the situation.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

[*]NoSoliciting is just a chat filter that cuts out rmt spam in chat way more effectively than ffxiv does itself. Plus you can filter stuff like join-our-FC spam too.

You know, I think I’ve only seen rmt spam three or four times in my hundreds of hours. Well maybe closer to ten times but my point is, it’s remarkably rare!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There’s nothing to spend Gil on anyway