Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Meanwhile in Jets land

https://twitter.com/willpa11/status/1568187949522604034?s=21

It would be nice if the Jets could develop a mid-round lineman for once. I assume there’s gonna be a ton of 12 personnel on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

It would be nice if the Jets could develop a mid-round lineman for once. I assume there’s gonna be a ton of 12 personnel on Sunday.
This cursed franchise.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1568249970108813313

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Feel bad for the 3 qbs in this division that will have to face the bills dline with those olines

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Love to have to start a 4th round rookie right before playing Myles Garrett, TJ Watt, and Trey Hendrickson. Fant should be solid enough at LT, at least, and having (1) AVT at RG and (2) a totally reworked TE room should at least take some pressure off of Mitchell.

But again, at some point the Jets are going to have to develop a mid-round offensive lineman like other teams seemingly do on a near annual basis.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 9, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Metapod posted:

Feel bad for the 3 qbs in this division that will have to face the bills dline with those olines

I was trying to determine who has the best Oline of the 3 and I think it’s the Dolphins but it might be the Jets and in either case loving LOL.

The whole season feels a little academic after last night (not that anyone else had a real shot at the division).

Trying to remind myself not to overreact to Week 1. My biggest take away is that Stafford looks washed AF though.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Trying to remind myself not to overreact to Week 1. My biggest take away is that Stafford looks washed AF though.

Yeah Week 1 is always super weird, but Stafford looked, if not totally washed, completely uninspiring.

It's crazy to think that the Bills could actually improve from last night just by...not turning the ball over four times.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Patriots in theory have the best oline if everyone stayed healthy and wasn't coached by a couple of loving morons.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fant, Lomlinson, McGovern, AVT, BIG loving UNKNOWN is still probably the best offensive line in the division honestly. Mitchell was PFF's highest graded run blocker in college football last year so while pass pro might be a bit wild, he can already run block at a high level.

It sure would be nice if the Jets could ever start a season with the starters we expect though. Sure would be nice.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I think the Dolphins can work around the Bills d-line with quick passes and play action.

I do not think they can possibly keep pace with their scoring though. As long as Allen is still in the psycho-mode he was in during the playoffs last year the Bills D just needs to not be a total disaster.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1567921548723470337?s=20&t=oU4Oqg8v2nrh_o0S2aPZDw

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
If your offense is dysfunctional enough that the Bills can sit there in Cover-2 against you, you’re kinda hosed. It’s similar in a sense to the Dolphins cover-0 stuff, in that it’s a real risky strategy against good offenses as but if you’re at the point they can run it with impunity you’re going to get embarrassed.

Not to take too much away from the Bills but the Rams are kinda hosed up right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean Bills good, but Rams are probably about 40% superbowl hangover 40% weaker roster, 20% September doldrums from not like, you know, doing anything in the preseason. I'd give the last more credence but well, hasn't affected the Rams before.

Either way, it's week 1, I'll consider the Rams as done if they're playing like this in October.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

cute

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1568282207311040515?s=20&t=zN-XGhTa3gFRHBCc9EEJXw

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Patriots in theory have the best oline if everyone stayed healthy and wasn't coached by a couple of loving morons.

A bad OL is Bill's genius plan to force Mac to work on pliability and turn him into the new Brady.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Douglas really got caught with his pants down on the OL. Didn’t he heh.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

I mean Bills good, but Rams are probably about 40% superbowl hangover 40% weaker roster, 20% September doldrums from not like, you know, doing anything in the preseason. I'd give the last more credence but well, hasn't affected the Rams before.

Either way, it's week 1, I'll consider the Rams as done if they're playing like this in October.

This is gonna be one of those games we look at in a couple weeks as either an outlier or a warning sign that people ignored

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Douglas really got caught with his pants down on the OL. Didn’t he heh.
I don't know any team that's going to still be set at OT when 2 of the top 3 guys go down. Maybe he should have signed a 2nd scrap heap OT when Becton went down. poo poo luck happens too though.

The line is still in better shape than last year with Van Roten.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Counting on Beckton was the mistake.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess. Becton missed almost no games in college. Duane Brown has missed like 4 games since 2018. CJ Mosley had missed 2 games in his career before the Jets.

Sometimes you just continually get the poo poo end of variance.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The good news -

Buffalo won me money last night
Elam said his first nfl jitters are totally gone. Dude was a wreck before the game but he played like a stud. Hearing his dad cry on the phone from happiness made my goddamn week.

The bad news -

The Buffalo bills will loving massacre Miami

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

That's nice to hear about Elam. Thanks for sharing the updates, Crazy.

Kalli posted:

Let me make a really pedantic fanboy point here and say the "Super Bowl hangover" isn't usually used to refer to the team that wins the Super Bowl and that the Super Bowl champion was like 4-16 in their kick off games.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

That's nice to hear about Elam. Thanks for sharing the updates, Crazy.

Let me make a really pedantic fanboy point here and say the "Super Bowl hangover" isn't usually used to refer to the team that wins the Super Bowl and that the Super Bowl champion was like 4-16 in their kick off games.

I’m so unbelievably biased but I swear I do feel the same way about all children of former pros - find the former pro who was a hard worker, like abram was, and you’re going to get a superstar in his kid. Winfield Jr, etc.

You guys got a pro bowl player for years, imo. He gets such incredible guidance from his dad. We were watching a burger bar downtown and he got texts at halftime, so many that he actually left to watch the second half at home. Phone calls after the game to discuss issues he had with one of his own safeties and how to approach it, etc. it’s just really cool to see.

drat Buffalo. Stop making me cheer for you every game that isn’t against Miami.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey at least we're even

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1568322389632585728

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1568317691445878784?s=20&t=Cwyqgu8LLjbtPrgHEm6pDw

I’m dumb but these stupid posts always get me

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m so unbelievably biased but I swear I do feel the same way about all children of former pros - find the former pro who was a hard worker, like abram was, and you’re going to get a superstar in his kid. Winfield Jr, etc.

You guys got a pro bowl player for years, imo. He gets such incredible guidance from his dad. We were watching a burger bar downtown and he got texts at halftime, so many that he actually left to watch the second half at home. Phone calls after the game to discuss issues he had with one of his own safeties and how to approach it, etc. it’s just really cool to see.

drat Buffalo. Stop making me cheer for you every game that isn’t against Miami.

Ah yes, Burger Bar, where you can get a burger with black truffles or foie gras, but they won’t season a patty.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
No A burger bar. It’s called “Grease”

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Very scattershot but I lost it at the sea lion being called an rear end in a top hat and told to gtfo

Doubting thomas rear end sea lion.
That's the biggest chip on the Bills shoulder yet

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

One day I’m going to go to palm beach and realize that we’re actually posting with the local godfather

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

10 years ago today. I was at this game.

https://twitter.com/nyjetshistory/status/1568342223451787266

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tim Tebow 5 rushes for 11 yards is hilarious to me for some reason

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey me too! Mario Williams no showed in his debut!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Shonn Greene highlights absolutely disgusting

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

We thought Stephen Hill was an absolute star for one (1) game, that game ruled

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That video has a “CJ Spiller’s one good year” sighting, too

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I also forgot that prior to that game the Jets had a decade long stretch of not returning a punt for a touchdown. That also rules.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Lol that's a good one to have gone to.

I actually have gone to two bills games irl

One against the same old sorry rear end St Louis Rams

And one against their next opponent the Titans (titz)

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I am 0-5 all time at Dolphins games. 0-4 against the Bucs and 0-1 against the Pats in Miami on MNF.

Welker scored a 99 yard TD :(

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I too am poison to the Miami dolphins when i attend

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’ve been to like 5 or 6 Dolphins games and IIRC the only one they lost was Week 1 of 2003 against Houston.

I had a chance to go to the Monday Night game against Indianapolis early in 2009 that they lost despite having like 48 minutes of possession because :manning:, but missed it because it was the first day of classes that semester and I had a late class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
We lost a game to an 0-8 Bucs team lead by Mike Glennon and Tanny was the leading rusher with 2 yards.

gently caress.