Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lazard doubtful for Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
All this discussion about ticket prices is moot since the best place to watch football is from a couch wherever you live.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Owners must not give a gently caress about the grass.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Tonyan playing week 1 with no injury designation is pretty wild.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

humpthewind posted:

All this discussion about ticket prices is moot since the best place to watch football is from a couch wherever you live.

I was offered a Bears ticket from work and turned it down because I’d rather (not) watch the bears from home.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

humpthewind posted:

+1. All the timeouts, replay reviews, etc. make for a miserable in-stadium experience. They really need to desync the game and the broadcasts.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was offered a Bears ticket from work and turned it down because I’d rather (not) watch the bears from home.

The home experience is so much better because you don't have to travel, you don't have to sit in the cold, you don't have to wait in line to pee, you get all the best angles and slow-motion replays, and for the cost of a season ticket package and concessions, you could buy a rockin' home theater system and enough food and drinks to throw a big party for every single game at your house.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

quote is not edit

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lambeau rocks because any of the bowl seats are great and close to the field. Been to Paul Brown as well but that was nowhere close to as cool.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Anti-Hero posted:

Owners must not give a gently caress about the grass.

It's fall the grass is about to die anyway. $500-$600 times 8 home games buys a lot of grass seed, if lawns are your thing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

humpthewind posted:

I live in a shack in the mountains and I rely on poor quality streams via really lovely cell signal.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I live in a shack in the mountains and I rely on poor quality streams via really lovely cell signal.

You can't even find a river nearby ??

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The smart move is to buy tickets the day of on one of the secondary market sites as sellers get desperate.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Vikings 34
Packers 24

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Vikings 10
Packers 10

Both teams miss GW FG’s in the last two minutes of overtime.

Aaron Rodgers leaves at halftime after he begins seeing ghosts climbing out of the walls.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Lambeau rocks because any of the bowl seats are great and close to the field. Been to Paul Brown as well but that was nowhere close to as cool.

Yeah I've enjoyed every single game I've gone to at Lambeau. I try to go to one game a season. Have sat all across the stadium in different sections, the only less-than-great view I had was the end zones and you can watch the screen to see what's going on at the other half of the field. Camp Randall was way worse about the sight lines.

Last year I went to the home opener against the Lions, sat up in the upper bowl addition where they added folding seats instead of the bleachers. Shockingly good view considering how high up we were, practically a TV view. The only bad part was the loving fireworks detonating practically right next to us, and of course the Packers scored 5 TDs that game.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

gaj70 posted:

+1. All the timeouts, replay reviews, etc. make for a miserable in-stadium experience. They really need to desync the game and the broadcasts.

That would make for a much worse in-stadium experience what with taking everyone's phones away, unless you want a thousand randos spoiling the live plays on Twitter.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/1568382923341979651

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s pretty awesome tbh wish Miami would give me a bobble head McDaniel

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the Eagles are going to put a beatdown on the Lions. Hopefully, not as bad as last year.

Then again its week 1...

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Bears are either going to surprise everyone and beat SF, or lose by 20.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Danny LaFever posted:

I feel like the Eagles are going to put a beatdown on the Lions. Hopefully, not as bad as last year.

Then again its week 1...

The offensive line suddenly and inexplicably dissolving from injuries has me a lot more worried. If Goff can stay upright the offense should be able to keep up with Philly, but if he's under pressure every down then we're basically hosed.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

Bears are .. going to ... lose by 20.

Agree.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears should just lean into sucking and doing dumb poo poo like trying to have Teven Jenkins score Fridge Touchdowns and do dumb flea flickers every play.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears should just lean into sucking and doing dumb poo poo like trying to have Teven Jenkins score Fridge Touchdowns and do dumb flea flickers every play.

Nagy did this before getting his brain broken by the double doink.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Nagy did this before getting his brain broken by the double doink.

remembering him running the T formation in his first play as Bears coach.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Didn't they run a flea flicker in a playoff game and it miraculously worked but Javon Wims dropped the ball?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Didn't they run a flea flicker in a playoff game and it miraculously worked but Javon Wims dropped the ball?

yes

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Year 1 Nagy kept the D engaged with the lovely offense by having a handful of trick plays.
Someone told him to quit it and it all went down hill. CMM.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Hand Row posted:

Tonyan playing week 1 with no injury designation is pretty wild.

:smugdog:

I've gone to Lambeau twice. The first time in 2011 I spent $300 per ticket to see Rodgers and co drop like 59 on the Broncos, worth every penny, sat 5th row 35 yard line.

The second was the week after Rodgers broke his collarbone. That was when I met the Vikings fan who invited us to his tailgate and then told us New York City was "scary" and "not like Minnesota because here just the good guys have the guns".

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

They really cheaped out on the body, Muscle Coach looks like the dude getting sand kicked in his face.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Niwrad posted:

Yeah, the Trubisky NVP game against the Saints.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

R.D. Mangles posted:

remembering him running the T formation in his first play as Bears coach.

Well, he didn't come here to run the I formation

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Comfortador posted:

They really cheaped out on the body, Muscle Coach looks like the dude getting sand kicked in his face.

If they made the neck the real size it wouldn’t bobble at all.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dawn of the tenth day.
29 hours remain.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bakhtiari was held out of practice again yesterday. LaFleur refused to elaborate. Kinda bad sign.

Jenkins listed as questionable, Lazard as doubtful. Savage and Tonyan not on the injury report. Good signs.

Football is tomorrow!

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hell ya football!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I just want Justin Fields to stay healthy.

But I still think the Bears are going to win 7 because it would get all the sports books a ton of money and they're always right

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I think the Bears will have an encouraging season, except for the part where Justin Fields gets broken in half in the second half of a game that doesn't matter because both teams playing are eliminated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qolH_HkFRAE

:I