Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/introsdimple/status/1567939665470038017?s=20&t=pXlPNcypAzt_nvKIuzEBJA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Twitter was pure chaos yesterday, A+.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So many upset Brits it was hilarious. Yesterday, we were all Irish

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Well if your first thought, like mine, was "What's the UK gonna do with all of that Queen poo poo?", the BBC has you covered:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59596996

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Old Boot posted:

Twitter was pure chaos yesterday, A+.

Here's another bit of chaos: the Daily Caller decided to attack Biden's monkeypox czar by calling him a big gay, gay who gays and made him look rad as all gently caress:

https://twitter.com/Dylan_Housman/status/1567951104511741952?t=depYCn5xTwsqCxMaQtYhUQ&s=19

They are absolutely, positively loving determined to make Biden cool.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
He sounds rad as hell

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He’s the deputy czar, but Biden should promote him and move Fenton to the COVID chair.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Here's another bit of chaos: the Daily Caller decided to attack Biden's monkeypox czar by calling him a big gay, gay who gays and made him look rad as all gently caress:

Man, meeting clients/patients where they are so they can get services to help themselves and their community. Yeah, that's definitely evil and horrible. It would be great if more providers took a person centered approach when trying to help minorities and those on the fringe of society.

loving RWM ghouls won't be happy until they get their version that they imagine postwar 1950s was back

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gay John Fetterman seems awesome.

Nick Soapdish posted:

loving RWM ghouls won't be happy until they get their version that they imagine postwar 1950s was back
I’m not sure they even want that.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Gay John Fetterman seems awesome.

I’m not sure they even want that.

Let's not leave out the top marginal tax rates of that decade, either. There's a reason more people felt wealthy back then, and it wasn't "everyone knew the value of hard work". It was "the richest of our society pulled more of their weight and still had more than enough left over to live lives of offensive luxury".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

psydude posted:

Well if your first thought, like mine, was "What's the UK gonna do with all of that Queen poo poo?", the BBC has you covered:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59596996

While they're revising...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoa2lzb3Jx8

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/Dylan_Housman/status/1567951104511741952?t=depYCn5xTwsqCxMaQtYhUQ&s=19

Thanks now I'm downloading grindr

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

facialimpediment posted:

I mean... If I worked out as much as he does, I would have a bunch of shirtless pics of myself also... Just saying...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Maybe conservatives just can't stop scrolling all these pics of hot shirtless dudes. Its always projection, insecurity, and envy.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

lightpole posted:

Thanks now I'm downloading grindr

Before you know it, you’ll be reading to underprivileged children in drag, espousing the teachings of Marx, and being a pillar of hope in of big gay community. All because of one post.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

facialimpediment posted:

Typical virgin bum fluff facial pube wearer hating on chad prime artisanal beard cultivator.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

That does not look like a man who can be shamed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

M_Gargantua posted:

Maybe conservatives just can't stop scrolling all these pics of hot shirtless dudes. Its always projection, insecurity, and envy.

Some of it can be sexual trauma specific, especially in the "bible belt".

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Speaking of trauma, I wish like hell I'd been catastrophizing when I posted about this before but

https://twitter.com/g0ingmad/status/1568270967771746310

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Old Boot posted:

Speaking of trauma, I wish like hell I'd been catastrophizing when I posted about this before but

We're not gonna make it, are we? People, I mean.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Zamujasa posted:

Sure seems like we're doing out best to Not.

Best thing to do is start urging anyone under 20, maybe even under 30, to check their vaccination status. I forget when it stopped being compulsory but, currently, it's not.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Old Boot posted:

Times like these (among many others) make me appreciate having normal parents who ensured I stayed on the vaccine schedule with no malarky.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Agreed, very fortunate to have parents born in the 40s who got Very Sick 1950s style and ensured I got every jab every opportunity

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

Chill out, dickwad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1568378927747600385?s=20&t=LpIXNH1gmBS6DcxL5xZFDw

We fought a war about this

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

two. two wars about this (technically).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Old Boot posted:

Sure seems like we're doing out best to Not.

Best thing to do is start urging anyone under 20, maybe even under 30, to check their vaccination status. I forget when it stopped being compulsory but, currently, it's not.

I mean I got stuck for Polio before starting school, but how long is a Polio shot good for?

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

The Queen had her Guards play the Star Spangled Banner at the Changing of the Guard in honor of 9/11 a few times so imo this is a kindness returned

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

There were a bunch of people laying flowers outside of the UK embassy in DC yesterday as well.

Filthy monarchists . Deport the lot of them, says I.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Eventually they'll be an american territory. Let them grieve now before the real suffering commences.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

orange juche posted:

I mean I got stuck for Polio before starting school, but how long is a Polio shot good for?

A long time. If you were vaccinated as a child and you're an at risk adult, the CDC recommends a one-time booster.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress is an at risk adult, and I’m far north of 30, am I likely to be vaccinated? I don’t have any idea where my vac records are, but it was 3 pages last time I looked at it circa 2014.

My father in law had polio as a child, been messed up by it his whole life. I know loving nothing about the disease because it was considered eradicated here before I was even born.

Goddamn, anyone know why we’re seeing these cluster fucks so much more frequently since like 2010?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What the gently caress is an at risk adult, and I’m far north of 30, am I likely to be vaccinated? I don’t have any idea where my vac records are, but it was 3 pages last time I looked at it circa 2014.

My father in law had polio as a child, been messed up by it his whole life. I know loving nothing about the disease because it was considered eradicated here before I was even born.

Goddamn, anyone know why we’re seeing these cluster fucks so much more frequently since like 2010?

it's impossible to say for sure but there are a few reasons

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pretty sure the military sticks you for literally everything imaginable including polio if you hadn't already had it as a child.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Morons distrusting experts finding idiots running a "wellness blog" to confirm their prejudices that they are right to distrust [thing they don't understand].

Things morons don't understand encompasses a lot of things, which goes some way to explaining a lot of the west's current issues.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Stultus Maximus posted:

Pretty sure the military sticks you for literally everything imaginable including polio if you hadn't already had it as a child.

when i gave my doc my immunization list she literally said exactly that lol, "wow, you have shots for everything"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

But the moment you suggest that they vaccinate people for COVID, the complaints fly.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I don’t have any idea where my vac records are, but it was 3 pages last time I looked at it circa 2014.

Not sure your location, but around here, the county health department keeps the records. Mine were actually just recently digitized so I can log in through the county website and call it up, but they give me a record whenever I go to the county health department for a vaccine. Might be worth going there for your yearly flu shot to have them check your records.

Most people apparently got their polio vaccines before they were 6 years old, so it's likely you've got them. But I'm sure the county/local place will gladly pull yours up and recommend whatever - like how I'm due for TDAP by the end of the year. They also noted that I never got a varicella (chicken pox) vaccine and had me order up a blood test to confirm that I had it as a kid (yep, victim of a chicken pox party).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

IPCRESS posted:

Morons distrusting experts finding idiots running a "wellness blog" to confirm their prejudices that they are right to distrust [thing they don't understand].

Things morons don't understand encompasses a lot of things, which goes some way to explaining a lot of the west's current issues.

This has all been enhanced by the proliferation of smartphones with high bandwidth high monthly cap mobile data plans.

56 kbps ought to have been enough for anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

facialimpediment posted:

Not sure your location, but around here, the county health department keeps the records. Mine were actually just recently digitized so I can log in through the county website and call it up, but they give me a record whenever I go to the county health department for a vaccine. Might be worth going there for your yearly flu shot to have them check your records.

Most people apparently got their polio vaccines before they were 6 years old, so it's likely you've got them. But I'm sure the county/local place will gladly pull yours up and recommend whatever - like how I'm due for TDAP by the end of the year. They also noted that I never got a varicella (chicken pox) vaccine and had me order up a blood test to confirm that I had it as a kid (yep, victim of a chicken pox party).

Hmm. I haven’t given my county any records, and I’ve only gotten Flu and Covid vaccines since I moved here not that long ago. I don’t think my county has any of that. I mean, it’s a Trump +28 state.