Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I started playing this again for the first time in years. No build mode makes the game so much better.

It really does. The game looks nicer too. It’s understated how visually ugly it is to see someone build some hideous structure in 15 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

haha hey guys what the gently caress is going to happen next season

https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1568338011947175936?s=20&t=T24dPLQcwq-A4KMxJW_8tg

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1568352507683868673?s=20&t=T24dPLQcwq-A4KMxJW_8tg

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1568357876317716480?s=20&t=T24dPLQcwq-A4KMxJW_8tg

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm sure that it'll be both incomprehensible and irrelevant and that... *rolls dice*... Phoenix Wright will finally get in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope the rumors about the Doom Slayer are true. That’s a skin I’d finally spend my hoarded vbux on.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Hopefully this means everything won't be on fire soon.

BoggyBeauBabineaux
Mar 3, 2022

Therapy Frog
Anyone know if there's separate matchmaking rankings for different play modes or is there just a big difference in player skill between zero build and normal battle royale modes? Feels like I consistently notice a big drop in enemy player skill when I go back to normal battle royale.

Unbearably Stinky
Jan 8, 2022
I think building skill might be part of the matchmaking calculation (how often you build, how fast, frequency of edits, etc.) If you're not a player that shits out a castle in two seconds, you're probably more likely to get matched with players that can't shoot either.

Also, it seems like there's a lot more bots now than there used to be, especially in build. Generally speaking, they're bad at killing you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Everyone plays no-build

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope the rumors about the Doom Slayer are true. That’s a skin I’d finally spend my hoarded vbux on.

Q1 engine quake guy would be sweet

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Looks like spider-gwen will be a skin next season.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Another Marvel skin? What a shocker.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

any guesses to what this new event's going to be?

I was pleasantly surprised to get Vader last night after coming back to this game only a month or two ago and not even really playing all that much in that time span. I understand the stuff after Vader is where the real grind is but I am so used to battle passes being full of mostly unobtainable things for those not willing to devote their lives to playing it. I also genuinely love that for the most part you don't really need to chase down quests for XP, even at the end we'd go in with an idea of one thing to do maybe but come out with 3-4 other things finished. Game's genuinely very good and fun and am looking forward to the new season thing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

explosivo posted:

I was pleasantly surprised to get Vader last night after coming back to this game only a month or two ago and not even really playing all that much in that time span. I understand the stuff after Vader is where the real grind is but I am so used to battle passes being full of mostly unobtainable things for those not willing to devote their lives to playing it. I also genuinely love that for the most part you don't really need to chase down quests for XP, even at the end we'd go in with an idea of one thing to do maybe but come out with 3-4 other things finished. Game's genuinely very good and fun and am looking forward to the new season thing

This is also the best time to grab exp since all the season quests and vibin quests are out. Don't forget to do the Indiana Jones missions before the season is over, they are all easy.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

There most likely will not be a live event this season unless Epic's gotten REAL good at hiding stuff from dataminers, but current speculation is that we're going to START the season with a live event rather than end with one :eng101:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

explosivo posted:

I've been thinking about it a bit. Obviously there's not a lot to go off of, but maybe a useable mercury item you can throw on a structure to make it unbreakable?

Idk if it would even be a fun concept, that's just the only thing that comes to mind for "liquid that turns anything it touches into metal."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They are bringing back OG C4 and Guided missiles.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

there's apparently been some datamined code/assets referring to another island named Asteria coming in season 5 (the season after this), which in mythology is the mother of Athena and Apollo (the chapter 2 and chapter 3 islands), but we don't have context yet for WHAT it's going to be used for- if it's just going to be creative, if it's going to be a new island altogether replacing the one we're on, if it's the caverns/middle area between Athena and Apollo (speculation that we might spend season 5 down there waiting for the surface to recover from whatever happens in 4), but SOMETHING is coming in season 5.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I won a few more times so I was bumped up into the "children with 'Faze' in there name, but only speak Spanish and destroy me nonstop" bracket.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Today I used the Nimbus, Kamehamehad a player while in air, and then landed on a wolf.

I'm going to miss the DBZ items.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

lmao, the chrome gimmick is Splatoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-TGoeJKYY8

Edit:
Official links about the battle pass / new features

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/battle-pass

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/whats-new-in-fortnite-battle-royale-chapter-3-season-4-paradise

interpunct fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 18, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That kind of rules

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
fortnite will never, ever stop biting another game's gimmick immediately on the other game's release. it owns

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

quote:

-In Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 4: Paradise, a mysterious substance has appeared on the Island. Chrome will consume all, Chrome will be all. Embrace the Chrome by turning structures Chrome, making yourself Chrome, and proving the power of Chrome weapons.
-Chrome’s introduction caused the creation of the EvoChrome Shotgun and EvoChrome Burst Rifle. Find these weapons from Chrome Chests, then see their rarity increase the more you damage opponents with them. Take ‘em from Uncommon to Mythic!
-Speaking of weapons, Sniper weapons across the board (including ones still vaulted) have had their damage and their headshot multipliers increased. Expert marksmen and trickshotters rejoice, because now one shot could be all it takes to send someone back to the Lobby. Keep your head on a swivel and — if your aim is on-point — one-shot opponents with certain Snipers once again. (Even in Zero Build!)

New weapons sound neat. I like the increased sniper damage too!

Edit: Anyone else's game running extremely choppy after this update?

explosivo fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Sep 18, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

explosivo posted:

New weapons sound neat. I like the increased sniper damage too!

Edit: Anyone else's game running extremely choppy after this update?

Yeah I was getting like 20 FPS in menus on a 3070 lol. I turned off DLSS and it seems to have fixed it, maybe that implementation got messed up somehow

edit: After playing a match it seems fine now with DLSS on or off. There's probably some background shader cache stuff going on after you first launch it after the update.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 18, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

goferchan posted:

Yeah I was getting like 20 FPS in menus on a 3070 lol. I turned off DLSS and it seems to have fixed it, maybe that implementation got messed up somehow

edit: After playing a match it seems fine now with DLSS on or off. There's probably some background shader cache stuff going on after you first launch it after the update.

Yeah I am noticing the same thing, seems to be mostly fine for me now after a match.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This new chrome mechanic is hilarious. I just bounced along then shotgunned someone, then turned into a blob again before the other person realised.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah it's fun. There's going to be a lot of silver blobs sprinting around in the last circle this season, that's for sure. Seems like a good idea to always have some on hand if you can for crossing open fields or otherwise staying low profile. I am not positive but I think you show up on the sound indicator even if you're totally still in blob mode.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Glad they fixed this gameplay mechanic back when they removed it during the first Mandalorian season 😁

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Anyone play this on ps5?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Got into this towards the end of last season when a friend suggested it for the "do things in a loop and make progress" endorphins, and it's worked out really well!

Until I got to (C3S4 Paradise quest spoiler) trying to help kill the Herald and holy lord, I hate everyone that has ever looked at Fortnite.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

The Herald is tough rn because it’s the new hotness and lots of people with your exact same quest tryna do it at the same time. It’ll definitely get easier over time, the boss is not that difficult to actually kill. Shoot at them, kill the wolves, wait for spawn/teleport/shield to drop, shoot again

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

if you get a scoped weapon like the new three-shot sniper that also makes it considerably easier, if you shoot her from a distance she takes ages to see where you are (depending on position) so i just took out all her shield before she even aggro'd and then sniped the wolves, only danger was when she started blasting herself :blastu:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Can you just attack and hit her once then run away and get the credit when someone else kills her? That is what I did for Darth Vader.

AbnormalAngel
Mar 5, 2006

Normal doesn't exist.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Can you just attack and hit her once then run away and get the credit when someone else kills her? That is what I did for Darth Vader.

I don't think so. I tried this and it did not happen for me. It took me three tries to kill her solo. I did get her though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I ganked vadar from some dude fighting him.

I'll do it again with this lady.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I recently started playing. Is there a way to set my skin to a specific version of the default skin or is "shuffle" only?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

neurotech posted:

I recently started playing. Is there a way to set my skin to a specific version of the default skin or is "shuffle" only?
Last time I played it was random (other than male/female) until you actually bought a skin

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, if nobody tags her for a while, she resets.

Mr Hootington posted:

I ganked vadar from some dude fighting him.

I'll do it again with this lady.

I was hanging around trying to figure out a good sniping point when someone ran in and domed the Herald for about 95% of her energy. I finished her off and then bailed, since the quest triggered. Grabbed a bounty, recognized it as the person who had sniped the Herald, found them, killed them, grabbed the special Burst Rifle and used it to get a victory :toot:

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

I was the one farming Vader for XP

He was real easy? Just grab a blaster rifle from one of the tents, kill the stormtroopers and then circle strafe. Only issue was he would sometimes get bugged and not take damage, even when not blocking with his lightsaber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I had a surprisingly stress-free time with the Herald on my second attempt. Actually went in under-prepared and had to back out a few times to scrounge around for more ammo. Funniest thing was her constant dog spamming just fed exp into the burst rifle I had picked up earlier. No one else came in at all, and by the time i was done I looked up and there were 17 people left on the map.

Funny stuff.