Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol I cannot take Paimon's english voice at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

god drat. 80 pulls and a bunch of xingqius and sucroses, both already c6, and then a keqing c1. At least the random razor pull put him to c6, although I've basically never used him.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
A big thank you to my good pals Sucrose and Xingqiu, who by merely existing on the banner in all their C6 glory are preventing me from rolling for Dori like an idiot. But also, wow not even 1 Dori :(. I want to try her C6 at some point, and now that point is looking to be REALLY far away.

Also Ganyu doesn't match either the dragonspine wings or the watatsumi bow 0/10 worst character

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

lol I cannot take Paimon's english voice at all
The decision to have her call herself "oira" in Japanese instead of speaking in the third person was an absolute masterstroke.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
What is this character :psyduck: What are they supposed to be?

Should I build for HP scaling? Should I build for ATK scaling? Should I keep the favonius greatsword or use the bell and ignore crit rate/dmg in favor of EM for non-critting electro-reactions?

Dori's A4 is baffling. Did they intentionally make it a catch-22 when they picked that ER% threshold? You get the most energy regen when your ER is so high that you don't need energy. You get the least energy regen when you would actually benefit from some more energy. At over 200% ER with a 20s burst cooldown what's the point of 10 extra energy? She's already gonna be bursting on cooldown.

quote:

Compound Interest
When the Troubleshooter Shots or After-Sales Service Rounds from Spirit-Warding Lamp: Troubleshooter Cannon hit opponents, Dori will restore 5 Elemental Energy for every 100% Energy Recharge possessed.
Per Spirit-Warding Lamp: Troubleshooter Cannon, only one instance of Energy restoration can be triggered and a maximum of 15 Energy can be restored this way.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, I don't really know what kind of team wants her. Obviously her niche is that she's a healer and battery in one, but she's pretty mediocre at both and probably never gonna pull her weight offensively. I guess she's in that awkward Sayu tier of being a 4* alternative to much better 5*s, only without the superior exploration ability.

Although who knows, maybe her Q can output ridiculous amounts of aggravate (assuming they didn't Collei her ICD) (Edit: haha, it looks like they did)

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 10, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eula really wants raiden because she wants energy and electro. dori gives eula energy and electro without you having to burn raiden on that slot and also making it so you dont have to run a healer like diona. that seems to be her primary usecase.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Endorph posted:

eula really wants raiden because she wants energy and electro. dori gives eula energy and electro without you having to burn raiden on that slot and also making it so you dont have to run a healer like diona. that seems to be her primary usecase.

She also seems to use the bell, so there's that

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oof, yeah so her Q has the 6 hit ICD (or possibly more?). So the most reactions it can proc is 5 or 6, which was even hard for me to pull off versus a single hopping Cryo slime. I don't even see the point of her E's 2 small hits, which don't proc reactions (edit: eh, I guess if they hit different targets they will), on top of being a boring as hell skill until C6. Maybe the additional hit with C1 can proc?

C2 also sounds comically useless. She seems to be paying mad hybrid tax.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Sep 10, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Did a complete 180 and decided to pull on Dori anyway and got her in the next 10 pull. Never punished :woop:

So after testing her for a bit, she does feel somewhat like a Thoma, where her intended support stuff is kinda whatever and ends up being more of a supplement to her actual semi-useful contribution: Turning some anemo units into hyperbloom subdps. She can also do hyperblooms herself, and it kinda works...? But honestly it feels like you'd rather just use Kuki at that point. Being called a Thoma used to be kinda like being tossed directly into the dump, but now it's not so bad. A quasi-decent 4/10 unit.

Also she can use the Inazuma claymore pretty well in a team where she can skill twice. Skill > Burst works somehow.

Lobsterpillar posted:

She also seems to use the bell, so there's that

The Bell is for HP-scaling DPS units that use a team shielder, not for supports!! It is still bad...!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I'm still used to old Barbara.

Honestly I like most of the English cast. I think Paimon provides a nice balance between sweet and annoying.

Speaking of old voices

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vou1LDGQZ4

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I also play in English, dunno why people rag on it all the time I enjoy everyone. Other than that time they installed depression on Barbara, that was weird.

English Tighnari is so full of sass and English Itto is legendary.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

yaoyao posted???

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1568449309066072064?s=20&t=T24dPLQcwq-A4KMxJW_8tg

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That's terrible. Twitter is no place for children.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ok, maybe Dori has a place in a hyperbloom team, where her bad ICD doesn't matter and the comp needs the right balance of bloom generation, high energy demands, and healing that Dendro can't provide at the moment.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

MoonCrab posted:

Also she can use the Inazuma claymore pretty well in a team where she can skill twice. Skill > Burst works somehow.
Weapon refines give energy regen on elemental skill use once every 10s so the Whateverest-san craftable claymore 4* seems perfect for Dori's 9s CD elemental skill and 20s CD burst. With her A4 regen she'll be bursting all the time. :toot:

That's great but what is the point even? :effort: Dori just heals and regens energy every 2s on burst for a single character on field. I can think of a few characters that can heal+battery: Bennett, Jean, Diona, Shinobu.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

the theme of this team is a gliding supergroup and their manager who's definitely stealing from them

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Who is going to be the next cool lady I should be saving up for? No kids though, I hate kids. Also I swore an oath to never use pyro for some reason.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Clarste posted:

Who is going to be the next cool lady I should be saving up for? No kids though, I hate kids. Also I swore an oath to never use pyro for some reason.

Then I reckon Nilou is your only non-rerun option.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Then I reckon Nilou is your only non-rerun option.

If you count 4 stars there's Candace I suppose.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

If you hate kids, surely that's all the more reason to give them a sword and send them into combat.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Dehya is probably not coming any time soon if leaks are true, which means you have plenty of time to save for her, at least :v:

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

We know the desert is coming presumably next patch, and we're pretty sure there's going to be something up north for Liyue since there's a village we can't visit yet that's on the border between Liyue and Fontaine, but I wonder if we're going to get that huge chunk of land to the east of Port Ormos and south of Liyue Harbor at some point? It's pretty huge, like Chasm-sized, but there's gotta be stuff there that isnt just coastline bc...I feel like they wouldve just made it a coastline when adding Sumeru if thats all it would be :v:

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Supposedly that's where the Blackcliff Forge is so yeah we'll probably go there someday. Dunno about them opening up the whole coastline though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Mix. posted:

We know the desert is coming presumably next patch, and we're pretty sure there's going to be something up north for Liyue since there's a village we can't visit yet that's on the border between Liyue and Fontaine, but I wonder if we're going to get that huge chunk of land to the east of Port Ormos and south of Liyue Harbor at some point? It's pretty huge, like Chasm-sized, but there's gotta be stuff there that isnt just coastline bc...I feel like they wouldve just made it a coastline when adding Sumeru if thats all it would be :v:
I was just thinking about that the other day. It's a pretty conspicuous gap, given that ocean borders are usually an open-world zone designer's best friend. If you look out toward there from Watatsumi Island, it looks like there are a few little islands in the ocean between them, too.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 10, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Terrain data gets added to the betas way earlier than other things do don’t expect anything south of Liyue for another 3 patches at least. There’s almost certainly going to be more added during the cycle that’s not just the desert to the west though

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Weren't there rumors of Mondstadt getting a new chunk added to the northeast?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

There could be, its pretty much the only place other than south liyue/other islands that can be added because anything north would be hitting Fontaine.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

there's mentions of a 'dandelion sea' by a few NPCs in monstadt, and there's the hanging plot thread of varka, the boss of the knights who left jean in charge to go look into the fatui. its reasonable to assume we'll get more monstadt stuff at a later date

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I also play the game in English so there's more than 6 of us at least lol. Managed to scrape together a full VV set for Jean so looking forward to trying her out at some point and now it's time to farm still for Fischl because a lucky 10 pull on the standard banner dumped a Skyward Harp in my lap and Ganyu already has Amos' Bow.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Now that I've gotten Jean on a lost 50/50 twice I should probably actually build her, huh

What stats make sense to use on Jean? She doesn't seem as dependent on swirling as Sucrose and Kazuha so she doesn't necessarily want a full EM build, right? Well unless I'm doing a sunfire team I assume.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Boring answer, but favonious R5 bot has been best for me (atk + crit rate).

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I just built mine like a regular carry, focusing on atk, crit and anemo damage. I ran her with Kazuha though, so she never had any problems getting enough energy to burst on cooldown.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Harrow posted:

Now that I've gotten Jean on a lost 50/50 twice I should probably actually build her, huh

What stats make sense to use on Jean? She doesn't seem as dependent on swirling as Sucrose and Kazuha so she doesn't necessarily want a full EM build, right? Well unless I'm doing a sunfire team I assume.

For general support just stack enough ER to always have her burst when needed and general offense stats, its not like you'll have her at point but her E does hit pretty hard at high levels and geared while generating a lot of energy. Theres a new EM sword coming out next weapon banners that can be slapped on her for thats really good since it provides tons of EM and ER and if you are going sunfire then you'd really want it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah, I'm eyeing up that sword for Kazuha already so hopefully I can get at least one copy.

Related question: for the self-swirl part of Jean's burst, whose stats determine the swirl damage? Is it always Jean's, or is it whoever the current on-field character is? Currently wondering if there's potential fun (even if it's not even close to the best way to do it) in a weird hyperbloom setup with like Ayato, Jean, Dori, and Dendro Traveler or some dumb comp like that. Obviously Shinobu and Sucrose or Kazuha would be much better for that but I don't have Shinobu so hey.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its always jeans as far as I know

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sanctum posted:

Weapon refines give energy regen on elemental skill use once every 10s so the Whateverest-san craftable claymore 4* seems perfect for Dori's 9s CD elemental skill and 20s CD burst. With her A4 regen she'll be bursting all the time. :toot:

That's great but what is the point even? :effort: Dori just heals and regens energy every 2s on burst for a single character on field. I can think of a few characters that can heal+battery: Bennett, Jean, Diona, Shinobu.

4/10, is not a high score :shrug:

But, she's not unworkable. Thoma in the 2.X patches was an unworkable unit, or nearly so. But with Dori I can imagine her being decent in a few spots. Self infusion is very rare. Ayato/DMC/Jean/Dori seems like it'd work pretty well, with every support able to double skill every rotation. And with 2 healers you alleviate the pressure of needing to build for healing and can do stuff like full EM Jean and Instructors Dori. And depending on how energy works out, Dori might even be able to use the new claymore to give another buff.

I don't have Jean so I can't test it but the Sayu version works out ok. Ayato can also be, like, Xingqiu/Yelan. And DMC could be some future on-field dendro. It could work.

So yeah, a unique role in a type of team that's functional but not exceptional. That's a 4/10 to me.

Edit:sniped by someone who explicitly called the exact comp I mentioned dumb :negative:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah, I'm eyeing up that sword for Kazuha already so hopefully I can get at least one copy.

Related question: for the self-swirl part of Jean's burst, whose stats determine the swirl damage? Is it always Jean's, or is it whoever the current on-field character is? Currently wondering if there's potential fun (even if it's not even close to the best way to do it) in a weird hyperbloom setup with like Ayato, Jean, Dori, and Dendro Traveler or some dumb comp like that. Obviously Shinobu and Sucrose or Kazuha would be much better for that but I don't have Shinobu so hey.

Self-reactions work the same way as regular reactions. The character whose the trigger element is the one whose EM matters, and since Anemo is exclusively a trigger element then any reaction involving Jean will use her EM. This consistency is part of the reason that Jean's stuff is more well known despite things like exploding wolf benny+razor being in the game since launch.

But the'res actually a few near things you can do if you sory everything out. Like there's a bit of testing right now on stuff like Xinyan's swap application pyro + Dori over-time application to see if Dori consistently triggers swap-overloads, for example.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Edit:sniped by someone who explicitly called the exact comp I mentioned dumb :negative:

But dumb in a fun way! Probably. I dunno, I'd have to finish building Jean and Dori to try it. Well, mostly Jean. I imagine Dori's exact stats are kinda tertiary to the whole setup.

Actually knowing that it's always Jean's EM that applies to the self-swirls, it could actually be pretty strong. A full EM VV build Jean triggering all the hyperblooms means you're gonna see some pretty big green numbers. Plus the extra energy going into Ayato can help him burst on cooldown if you don't have quite enough ER on him (like my current setup).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dori is there precisely for me, a person who missed out on Kuki but desperately wanted a healing safety net in a team that has exactly an electro slot open. So uh, situational utility!