Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
Isn't it weird that every time the mods ban someone for saying a thread is hosed up and full of pedophiles they casually have to walk it back and end up cleaning house (but still leave the person banned who brought it up).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

That Little Demon posted:

Isn't it weird that every time the mods ban someone for saying a thread is hosed up and full of pedophiles they casually have to walk it back and end up cleaning house (but still leave the person banned who brought it up).

they didn't this time. the only person who stayed banned stayed banned for telling people to kill themselves.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arivia posted:

they didn't this time. the only person who stayed banned stayed banned for telling people to kill themselves.

uh huh... lol

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Personally I think posting images of cartoon children to jerk off to is worse than typing some forbidden words but I don't have a star so what do I know?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I unbanned synthy's alt and ended Dongicus's probe early. If there were any other The Bloop probes still active when I became aware, I would have ended those too. Ruffini would be posting if he hadn't made the jump to KYS, which is the same anyone would get for that post regardless of thread.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Crowetron posted:

Personally I think posting images of cartoon children to jerk off to is worse than typing some forbidden words but I don't have a star so what do I know?

True. That's why anyone who posted anything related to children ate permas and Ruffini got a ban+30.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Azathoth posted:

True. That's why anyone who posted anything related to children ate permas and Ruffini got a ban+30.

I misremembered Ruff getting a perma, too. My bad.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Azathoth posted:

I unbanned synthy's alt and ended Dongicus's probe early. If there were any other The Bloop probes still active when I became aware, I would have ended those too. Ruffini would be posting if he hadn't made the jump to KYS, which is the same anyone would get for that post regardless of thread.

maybe the anger of seeing people posting ash from pokemon getting hosed in teh rear end warranted telling someone to kill themselves.... I dunno. Probably worth unbanning Ruffini too and ending his probe, you know, because he actually is the reason all this happened anyway. Just a thought

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Oh I didn't notice that, ty

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Invoking a classic:

You goons remember when a poster said that explaining how something works is the same as condoning that thing. Was just thinking about that one today thought I'd brighten everyone's day a bit.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Literally A Person posted:

Invoking a classic:

You goons remember when a poster said that explaining how something works is the same as condoning that thing. Was just thinking about that one today thought I'd brighten everyone's day a bit.

I think about this honestly several times a week and it never gets less incredible

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Invoking a classic:

quote:

And yes, for the record, explaining the process of an unjust system can be seen as tacit support for that injustice.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:bravo:

It's so much better than I remember. The $3 words really bring it all together.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Whenever I read that quote the "Cabbage, is that what's in your head? 5 wilted leaves of cabbage?" tweet comes into my mind.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
As a messy bitch who loves drama personally, I’m glad this thread exists.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Boba Pearl posted:

Whenever I read that quote the "Cabbage, is that what's in your head? 5 wilted leaves of cabbage?" tweet comes into my mind.

Enlighten us.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

yeah. p saucy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Invoking a classic:

Imagining a room full of goons trying to figure out why their enemies are succeeding but none of them will talk, in fear of being seen as a supporter of their enemies.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:emptyquote:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

reminds me of that twitter user who claimed that numerical measurements were anti-left techniques of oppression

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tunicate posted:

reminds me of that twitter user who claimed that numerical measurements were anti-left techniques of oppression

That's a new one on me, :justpost: please

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Tunicate posted:

God I wish I remember the post that was basically "Show don't tell is a CIA psyop to discredit communism"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Leal posted:

God I wish I remember the post that was basically "Show don't tell is a CIA psyop to discredit communism"

Oh tankies :allears:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Leal posted:

Oh this one is actually real. The CIA funded tons of writers’ workshops to create anti-Communist art.

e: https://www.vice.com/en/article/4x3vg3/how-the-cia-turned-american-literature-into-a-content-farm

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Leal posted:

that one is really funny because its basically just like "the only way that anyone could ever consider naked polemics that spend 400 pages doing nothing but laying out ideology in place of a story or characters bad writing is if the CIA were involved"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's a new one on me, :justpost: please

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

It's a good thing I stopped by the liquor store this evening.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Kazinsal posted:

It's a good thing I stopped by the liquor store this evening.

i dunno if it's worth exacerbating ur alcoholism for a tweet that didn't break 100 interactions buddy

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
it sure helps turn the objective passage of time into a subjective one

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I mean there have been big arguments about time, where it is set, what it means and why things are measured in specific ways is really important to a whole load of processes.

On top of that you do have arguments about how measuring is worked out and how and why things that are considered "natural" can be constructed, but that's more philosophy rather than weird people on twitter.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Josef bugman posted:

I mean there have been big arguments about time, where it is set, what it means and why things are measured in specific ways is really important to a whole load of processes.

On top of that you do have arguments about how measuring is worked out and how and why things that are considered "natural" can be constructed, but that's more philosophy rather than weird people on twitter.
you might be a decent person, but I'm led to to believe you're deeply, deeply stupid and should not be replied to

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's only 5 days in a week

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

there's only 5 days in a week

Welcome to the Liminal zone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway that tweet is seriously the pretend intellectual version of the bodybuilding.com argument

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Martman posted:

you might be a decent person, but I'm led to to believe you're deeply, deeply stupid and should not be replied to

Eh, probably. It's a weird red text tbh, not much effort in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Tunicate posted:

the flip side of that coin is the twitter user who believed that literacy was a communist technique of opppression