Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
New name out there for a potential Ezra live action casting:

https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/tv/eman-esfandi-to-play-live-action-ezra-bridger-in-star-wars-exclusive/

He's got the look down. Can't find a whole lot about the guy, but he appears to be interviewed here on Youtube in 2018. He certainly sounds enough like Taylor Gray's take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Think he'll end up being Loam Redge? They've been hinting at bringing him back for a while, and I think he would be absolutely perfect for the role.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

That DICK! posted:

They've been hinting at bringing him back for a while

Have they? Isn't he just a quest-giving NPC from Star Wars Galaxies? Either way, the show takes place in the High Republic era, so the character likely wouldn't even be alive to include unless they're just lifting the name for some reason.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hollywood Reporter confirming the Ezra casting:

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1568304024645926914?s=20&t=3FGNMkYbdQ0767caVBgxFA

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

yeah I can see it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

This BTS pic of a music video of his pretty much nails that older Ezra "out of his own" look:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'd say he looks better than Ezra

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I still think Ahsoka would have made more sense as an animated series but the casting seems decent so far at least

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

stev posted:

The new GoT, Marvel and LOTR shows this month have all been good against all odds so here's hoping.

Also Star Trek; Lower Decks is on now and is great, Strange New Worlds was recent and very good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ezra handsome af, lol.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Brawnfire posted:

This joke was appreciated.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's perfect casting. Goddamn, Ahsoka don't disappoint me. If Andor can kill it then my confidence will be way up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do we know anything about The Acolyte besides casting info yet out of curiosity?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Larryb posted:

Do we know anything about The Acolyte besides casting info yet out of curiosity?

It's the first live-action venture in the High Republic era.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Larryb posted:

Its apparently the leakiest show in disneyplus' existence so you can read apparent summaries of the first 3 episodes by googling around (the main leaker got cease and desisted). It sounds pretty cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Its apparently the leakiest show in disneyplus' existence so you can read apparent summaries of the first 3 episodes by googling around (the main leaker got cease and desisted). It sounds pretty cool.

Yeah I just looked it up, seems interesting at the very least so I’ll be keeping an eye on this one

Speaking of shows, reminder that Bad Batch returns on the 28th

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 10, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Check that, if a recent listing is to be believed then Bad Batch S2 might be getting pushed back to January:

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-bad-batch-season-2-release-date-new

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 10, 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Brawnfire posted:

it was good, star waha

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

teagone posted:

It's the first live-action venture in the High Republic era.

Ah yes, the High Republic - a long time before a long time ago.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Ezra and Sabine are really good looking. Like, drat.

https://twitter.com/annakinamidala/status/1568305776946741249

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Making everyone in the show insanely hot will work for me just fine.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ok so she's a Australian daughter of a Chinese mother and an Italian father with a Russian first name and a Taekwondo blackbelt and some pretty good acting credits.

She seems awesome. I can't wait for nerds to get confused about why they're mad at this particular Female Star Wars Character.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 10, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
in what universe was ezra a "fan favorite" lol. annoying character.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hazo posted:

Ok so she's a Australian daughter of a Chinese mother and an Italian father with a Russian first name and a Taekwondo blackbelt and some pretty good acting credits.

She seems awesome. I can't wait for nerds to get confused about why they're mad.

i have a red belt

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

thats the coolest way you can put "admin on somethingawful"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

That DICK! posted:

thats the coolest way you can put "admin on somethingawful"

i was deadminned by the koalas march insurrection, actually. and was for a short time reduced to a mere user

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I thought Smythe was just a Moderator

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

drat dude get it back. you're supposed to be my ace in the hole. my loam redge

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Loam Redge

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Brawnfire posted:

:golfclap:

he kind of reminds me of the guy who played Marco in The Expanse

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
maybe you should Roam Ledge

that's not directed at anyone i just thought it would be a sick burn

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Alan Smithee posted:

maybe you should Roam Ledge

that's not directed at anyone i just thought it would be a sick burn

given both republic and imperial building codes wrt safety guardrails on catwalks, it's practically a threat

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hazo posted:

I can't wait for nerds to get confused about why they're mad at this particular Female Star Wars Character.

"political"

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Ezra was still a teenager at the end of Rebels. He got hot after highschool the Lothal insurgency.

Servetus fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 10, 2022

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
My only hope is that we don't get, "And Ezra learned that the real rebellion was learning to overcome his distaste for working with comprador alien space fascists all along!" Rehabillitating noted genocidaire Kallus was bad enough.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

teagone posted:

Ezra and Sabine are really good looking. Like, drat.

https://twitter.com/annakinamidala/status/1568305776946741249

looking very respectfully at ahsokas space wife

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Smythe posted:

in what universe was ezra a "fan favorite" lol. annoying character.

People liked him right around the time he became Mauls apprentice. Everyone hated him in S1 though.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/impsenatepod/status/1568636774645403648?s=46&t=9-ru4M7hoLM64quL9DiYLQ
The Marvel/Lucasfilm D23 panel is starting soon, probably going to confirm the cast leaks of the last few days + some TV stuff like the above

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, is Bad Batch Season 2 still on track for this month? I’d been seeing some rumors online about it getting pushed back to early January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, is Bad Batch Season 2 still on track for this month? I’d been seeing some rumors online about it getting pushed back to early January

The Jan 3rd date was apparently found in D+ metadata so it's likely true. Pretty weird.