Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SuddenCactus posted:

Is there a licencing thing stopping Takara from using the original Diaclone designs? It would be a bit lovely if they couldn't use the original Optimus design anymore because Hasbro brought the rights to the original toy and it got popular

Takara can reissue Convoy any time they like. Diaclone Reboot just has a different design aesthetic than Diaclone Car Robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
More pictures of Grand Dion have come out including it transformed into the legs for Grand Robot Base, and lord is that a nice looking pair of giant robot pants

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dabir posted:

Blackarachnia is mostly fine but there's a couple of steps that suck. The first is the head flip thing, cause as a result she has to have a weird neck that doesn't like staying up, and the second is getting her shell over her tits cause it always feels like you're doing something wrong. Tarantulas just works.

E: Also yeah Blurr is such a nothing in the movie. Everyone else gets big moments in the battle, his job is to be off-screen and sometimes talk fast. In the evacuation, his job is to suck at something so Hot Rod can do it instead. On the alien planets... Did they even remember to draw him in scenes?

BA always makes me feel a little dirty when I transform her.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Diaclone DA-95 Robot Base (Grand Dion)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/218127

$479.99

For those who wanted it.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Thechosenprime has it up too, and ships about a month sooner than BBTS

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

DigitalRaven posted:

Wait, as in, popping the the extra wheel-sleeve bits off at the wrist and supergluing them to the nosecone? Huh. I may have to try that.

You should slice them with a hobby knife so everything looks clean in both modes, but yes, exactly. Lemme get a pic.

Raising his arms will cause the shoulders to move the backpack a bit away from the core of the body, but the backpack doesn't flop around so you can get nice poses. Make sure you glue the sleeves onto the front of the car when he's in vehicle mode, so everything fits perfectly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 8, 2022

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Dino Megs only 29.99

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/136074

That's a pretty good deal.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YFw3aWiHYI

Edit: also i can't believe you guys talked about diaclone stuff without me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Posting my own tweets cause it's easier than Discord or imgur.
https://twitter.com/Real_ManJackson/status/1568016950756020225

You can't convince me that Bulkhead wasn't designed to use Slammer's torso as a backpack. You just can't. It's *too* perfect.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Droyer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YFw3aWiHYI

Edit: also i can't believe you guys talked about diaclone stuff without me.

I was here waffling on this behemoth but I can't resist. This video definitely pushes me over the line.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmperorMattXV/status/1567978644328382469

This seems suitably funny to me.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The Queen and Orson Welles, forever to live in our hearts for their final service

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
There's something uncanny valley about those stamps, and my general mental image of the UK Marvel comic characters's faces in general. They're not bad, they just raise the UV alarm in my brain.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wait, so Grimlock gets to have 2 stamps??? Bah, they could have at least given one to Jazz or Ratchet and leave Grim in the Dinos set.

Kinda cool to see Arcee and Shockwave on there too though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wreck 'n Rule Springer arrived today! He looks pretty good, nice and poseable. The wiki said some people have trouble getting his feet to keep him upright, maybe that's something that happens with wear. His weapons give you a lot of options, which I appreciate. That's Siege for you, huh.

I'm considering getting an Ultra Magnus. I'm torn between Kingdom and Combiner Wars. What are people's opinions on the comparison? How is CW Magnus for 5mm ports?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Kingdom UM is good if you like the G1 Magnus, but get one of the leg extender kits so he’s a bit less of a solid brick. CW is good if you like the IDW design, plus you get Minimus Ambus.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/seibertroncom/status/1568354206251352065

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dabir posted:

Wreck 'n Rule Springer arrived today! He looks pretty good, nice and poseable. The wiki said some people have trouble getting his feet to keep him upright, maybe that's something that happens with wear. His weapons give you a lot of options, which I appreciate. That's Siege for you, huh.

I'm considering getting an Ultra Magnus. I'm torn between Kingdom and Combiner Wars. What are people's opinions on the comparison? How is CW Magnus for 5mm ports?

There's always floor polish if the ankles start to go funny, but mine seems fine.

CW Magnus is the better figure overall.

I feel the Kingdom's remolds from the Siege version make the truck version worse, though the robot mode is really good.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There's always floor polish if the ankles start to go funny, but mine seems fine.

Mine eventually did need Future on his ankles, but also the joint that lets his lower legs flip around for transformation got looser than his knees

He's still pretty impressive

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I guess I'll keep my eye on the CW version, then.

On the subject of Ultra Magnus, I think I posted this Bot Bender Orinj video before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDuJAYa4u4

I got to thinking, what if there was a robot mode for that combo? So here's what I did with it.

Tipped the wrists in, turned the elbows around, plugged Cog's arms into the wrist ports, guns on the shoulder ports, legs on the feet, and the rest is in a bit of an ugly place as a second backpack on top of the backpack he already had. Call it a Death Stranding costume.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

That is pretty funny.

Not to mention timely, I got my limited version today.

Also the Grimlock and Megatron coins.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

For anyone still in Birmingham, the little game shop in the Oasis Market has a G1 Catilla going for 30 quid. Can't verify what's inside it but the shell and its tail are both present. This is the same place I got my intact Jumpstarters. Just picked up a pre-owned ER Starscream there myself.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dabir posted:

For anyone still in Birmingham, the little game shop in the Oasis Market has a G1 Catilla going for 30 quid. Can't verify what's inside it but the shell and its tail are both present. This is the same place I got my intact Jumpstarters. Just picked up a pre-owned ER Starscream there myself.

I assume the inside contains part of the robot and Bludgeon's sword.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dabir posted:

Combiner Wars Magnus is a cool toy conceptually and Minimus is neat, but the handfeel is atrocious, he's all hollow and flexible. Kingdom Magnus is a brick shithouse in comparison.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Somewhere between the two of them would be the absolute sweet spot.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah. Both toys have cool features but I'd really like to see what a "Studio Series 86" Ultra Magnus, who transforms in one piece and has a real functional car carrying ability but who also is made of modern plastics and standards of posing and accuracy, would be like. Kingdom Magnus is a bit too much of a Ship of Theseus.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah. Both toys have cool features but I'd really like to see what a "Studio Series 86" Ultra Magnus, who transforms in one piece and has a real functional car carrying ability but who also is made of modern plastics and standards of posing and accuracy, would be like. Kingdom Magnus is a bit too much of a Ship of Theseus.

I'm saving myself for this and also a non-dirtied up Springer.

I am being very strict and only getting movie autobots - that'll be the extent of my collection. I've got Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr at the minute. At some point going to get Percy too. Arcee doesn't look great, but if I happen to work any overtime...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

SS86 Arcee is an extremely weirdly fun toy IMO. Another weird ship of Theseus retook situation but the end results in both modes are really good anyway.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

I'm saving myself for this and also a non-dirtied up Springer.

I am being very strict and only getting movie autobots - that'll be the extent of my collection. I've got Hot Rod, Kup and Blurr at the minute. At some point going to get Percy too. Arcee doesn't look great, but if I happen to work any overtime...

Wreck n' Rule Springer is the one you want. Has a Wreckers logo on his chest instead of Autobot, but you can probably fix that yourself with a Toyhax sticker.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dabir posted:

Wreck n' Rule Springer is the one you want. Has a Wreckers logo on his chest instead of Autobot, but you can probably fix that yourself with a Toyhax sticker.

don't like his colours!

Thanks tho :)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Dabir posted:

Wreck n Rule Springer is cool and all but he's the complete wrong color scheme for someone collecting toon accurate. Comic Springer looks very different from Toon Springer.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

Oddly enough Best Buy has a ton of Transformers you can order for store pickup, including Wildrider.

Man, picked up my Wild Rider today and I'm glad I'm not getting him for a collectors item, the combination of the crappy Legacy boxes and retail handling and that box has seen better days.

Edit - It was especially hilarious as I, a grown rear end man, sat there while the cashier talked to the warehouse to describe what I was there to pick up. "it's a Transformers Legacy Deception Wild Rider"

Medullah fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Sep 10, 2022

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I mean... the title of the thread

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

More Netflix Soundwave yellowing, this time without marker lines intervening.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Supernintendium construction...a lost art

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone have recommendations for adding shelves to Detolfs? I've got 3 of them and while they're technically "full" I wouldn't mind adding a shelf or two since there's a lot of empty space between them with the smaller figures

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Thought this would be a good place to ask, where is the best place to buy Diaclone Reboot stuff?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Medullah posted:

Anyone have recommendations for adding shelves to Detolfs? I've got 3 of them and while they're technically "full" I wouldn't mind adding a shelf or two since there's a lot of empty space between them with the smaller figures

the cheapest solution is small pipe clamps or cable clamps. then ask a plate glass installer to cut 2-3 new tempered glass shelves and polish the edges.

If you want something that looks better, there are some cardboard display backgrounds that are detolf-sized. I can't remember the guy's website but they weren't too expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There are glass shelves for the Kallax that might be wise enough to use as extra detolf shelves. Probably cheaper than custom cuts.