Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
:lol: WHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
money

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The_Doctor posted:

Ohhh, that looks really nice! And same, I got the 2/3 disc (?) special edition Wall-E dvd when it came out, which for some reason is just a flimsy cardboard folding sleeve, rather than anything meant to stand the rest of time.

Yeah, same, and that sleeve never really pulls out all the way so you have to give it a good tug to get it out enough to be able to remove the DVD. At least it’s that way with my copy.

I never really gave much thought to the packaging, but I think they were going for an eco-friendly package to tie into the movie’s message. No plastic there.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

you ain’t seen nothin’ yet

https://twitter.com/disneystudios/status/1568374977942155264?s=21&t=BI8qxdRzkyHIOUqDSnSdWw

https://twitter.com/disneystudios/status/1568380581251268609?s=21&t=BI8qxdRzkyHIOUqDSnSdWw

https://twitter.com/disneystudios/status/1568384485649182722?s=21&t=BI8qxdRzkyHIOUqDSnSdWw

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Oh no, that catchy truck song from Cars on the Road is on Apple Music.

TRUCKS! TRUCKS! TRUCKS! TRUCKS!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Can we talk about how badly the animation sucked in Pinocchio? I only saw bits of it but the lighting didn’t match for the CG bird when in scene with Tom Hanks, the kids on that cart all looked very uncanny, the fox’s animation was just brutal — looked like its bones must constantly be breaking.

Oh and I’m glad live action amped up the best part of Pinocchio, the body horror of donkey transformation.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Probably has something to do how Disney has been treating the VX department lately

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Over/Under on a live-action Toy Story before 2030?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is Gal Gadot the Evil Queen? The jokes writ themselves.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I could have sworn they cancelled the Ren and Stimpy reboot. Cool that it’s still on. I never expected them to bring John K back.

I thought those Malificent movies were supposed to be Disney’s live action Snow White. I guess I was wrong. I guess this means they’ll do a live action Alice in Wonderland too since the Burton ones are “sequels” rather than a straight up remake.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Detective No. 27 posted:

I thought those Malificent movies were supposed to be Disney’s live action Snow White.

Maleficent’s from Sleeping Beauty, not Snow White. Or is that :thejoke:?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I can't remember if it was Adult Party Cartoon or the Ranger Smith shorts where I finally realized John k wasn't really funny. That was even before I heard about the abuse stuff.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Inkspot posted:

toy story is pixar so far the live action stuff is adaptations and spinoffs of walt disney feature animations IP catalogue

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Adult Party is one of the nails in the coffin of SpikeTV's short-lived venture in Adult Animation.

Man... did that channel going through some identity crises - TNN (The Nashville Network/The National Network), SpikeTV, and of course it's now Paramount

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inside Out 2 is the sort of sequel where I know a lot of people are going to feel closely to and interested in but I watched Inside Out 1 and the only thing I truly remember about it is thinking, while watching it, this just seems very forgettable.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I remember thinking the Ranger Smith cartoons were funny (or at least my roommates and I in our extremely 1999 minded miasma sure thought they were the greatest thing to quote forever), but then Adult Party Cartoon happened and I was like ... hokay that may be enough of that

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love Ren & Stimpy's original run, enjoyed the Ranger Smith shorts, and absolutely hate everything else John K. has ever worked on.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Robindaybird posted:

Adult Party is one of the nails in the coffin of SpikeTV's short-lived venture in Adult Animation.

Man... did that channel going through some identity crises - TNN (The Nashville Network/The National Network), SpikeTV, and of course it's now Paramount

You mean the block of television where somehow Pam Anderson voicing a superhero named “Stripperella” was the best offering?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Maleficent’s from Sleeping Beauty, not Snow White. Or is that :thejoke:?

No, just me being dumb. :doh:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Inkspot posted:

That just reminds me that thanks to Lightyear, the Disneyland/World Buzz is just some dude now.

https://twitter.com/TheAdamSass/status/1538012161095610368

Noob Saibot posted:

toy story is pixar so far the live action stuff is adaptations and spinoffs of walt disney feature animations IP catalogue

True, but also: money. Anyway my bet's on 2028. That way they can have live-action TS2 out by 2031 and allow for some stunt casting by getting either Kelsey Grammar or Tom Hanks to be Stinky Pete before they're too old.

Also they have to hurry up before John Ratzenberger dies and can't do Hamm

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Who do you think they've been perfecting all of this AI tech for? Stan Lee?! Please...

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

DC Murderverse posted:

You mean the block of television where somehow Pam Anderson voicing a superhero named “Stripperella” was the best offering?

and only was cancelled due to creative differences and a lawsuit.

I'll give Stripperella this: It knows exactly what it is, and actually treats strippers like people.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Finally we find out Mufasa's backstory: he is a lion

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

But will he have a kid?!?!

e: "Oh I just can't wait to be king!" Ron Howard chimes in: "He will"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I haven’t fully appreciated the phrase “creatively bankrupt” before today

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Oxxidation posted:

I haven’t fully appreciated the phrase “creatively bankrupt” before today

If you really want to appreciate it, there is this.
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1568399453220143105?s=46&t=6OEcd6Q97x8ATICUtCGqcA

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U

The only thing worse than this being made is the possibility that it will be good, at which point I might die from my mind rejecting this reality.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 10, 2022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sir Lemming posted:

It turns out the stampede sent Mufasa back in time allowing him to be the lion to establish Pride Rock.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

DreamWorks should get that movie about the moon fishing boy out soon before Disney eats their cake

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

It turns out the stampede sent Mufasa back in time allowing him to be the lion to establish Pride Rock.

I hate that I get this

Pixeltendo posted:

DreamWorks should get that movie about the moon fishing boy out soon before Disney eats their cake

In the post-credits of Mufasa it's revealed that Simba actually signed a lucrative deal to be the lion in the MGM studios logo

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

TwoPair posted:

I hate that I get this

I wanna know, was there a time loop goof troop?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Everyone universally loved it the last time they did a prequel based on a beloved James Earl Jones character.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Class3KillStorm posted:

To make sure I'm reading that second tweet right, because it's a little ambiguous, it's saying that the studio has totally taken this away from John K., and he will have no input on the reboot in any capacity, while one of his victims will get to take over the show and try to right the ship?
lol that's cool

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Sir Lemming posted:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Everyone universally loved it the last time they did a prequel based on a beloved James Earl Jones character.
Jaden Smith will voice Young Mufasa, who is named Mtoto.

We also get a teaser for Mufasa 2: The Shame of Taka, where Scar will get his signature scar.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
It is wildly hilarious or infuriating to me that they're attempting a backstory for the wishing star when they couldn't come up with a sensible backstory for the mysterious ice powers of their most popular character in decades.

God, I hate Frozen 2. God, what a waste of time.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Electric Phantasm posted:

TwoPair posted:

I hate that I get this

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Jaden Smith will voice Young Mufasa, who is named Mtoto.
I'm really excited for the part where we finally learn the origin of Mufasa's name when his parents see a cow and a student loan form.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

TwoPair posted:

That just reminds me that thanks to Lightyear, the Disneyland/World Buzz is just some dude now.

https://twitter.com/TheAdamSass/status/1538012161095610368

It’s actually weirder than that - there’s a “real” Buzz and a traditional animated-look Buzz walking around the parks at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Splint Chesthair posted:

It’s actually weirder than that - there’s a “real” Buzz and a traditional animated-look Buzz walking around the parks at the same time.

I bet real guy hates traditional guy so much