Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait what

how long ago was this

like 15-20 years lol

they had flat style and in like the 90s loaf style

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Their sweet potato pie is stellar tho

where have you seen this and how can it be brought to store #106?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

No we lose a fuckton on the pies

Alan Smithee posted:

bring back the greasy rear end garlic bread

No bring back the onion crank

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Shear Modulus posted:

gently caress the pies, I need my onion crank

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's called the tearjerker

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Toast the pumps for a little while on the bottom. Maybe use some butter in the pan. Helps tremendously

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Gaius Marius posted:

Naw it's the same poo poo you get in the stores. The problem with the Pumpkin Pies is there's so many places they can go wrong that you're pretty much always going to gently caress them up.

1.They're bland, like all costco freshfare they're just made to be plain. The ingredients are literally Pie mix, Pumpkin, water, Cornstarch, and Eggs.

5. We need to raise the drat price

This is great to know, thanks. Those pies are so bad lol

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shear Modulus posted:

At this point, I'd settle for either the kraut or the crank, Costco pls

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Giant pumpkin pie season is upon us.

So good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Alan Smithee posted:

it's called the tearjerker

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gaius Marius posted:

Naw it's the same poo poo you get in the stores. The problem with the Pumpkin Pies is there's so many places they can go wrong that you're pretty much always going to gently caress them up.

this is a good post, thanks for the hot insider info

sorry that you are consigned to the pie mines forever

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

What other Costco food do you make friend Gaius?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All the bakery stuff and I've worked food court and deli before

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Gaius Marius posted:

I dunno, I guess the Orem Costco has properly prepared ones, and they are delicious. Moreso after eating a slice (1/4 of the pie in a sitting) it doesn't feel like you just ate a bag of cement. Unlike the tuxedo mouse cakes.

gently caress the pie haters.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Gaius Marius posted:

All the bakery stuff and I've worked food court and deli before

what are your actual "I would suggest you buy this" favorite bakery items, past or present

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I went out for bubble tea today and the desert section was very obviously costco store bought macarons and lemon cakes repackaged.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well that is just good business.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

rodbeard posted:

I went out for bubble tea today and the desert section was very obviously costco store bought macarons and lemon cakes repackaged.
its like 50/50 odds at a lot of restaurants that the "house salad" is the earthbound farms spring mix

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
These 505 green chiles are so good what the gently caress

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tried out a wedge of that Kingdom aged cheddar which was discounted. Pretty tasty. A relatively strong cheese.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Visited earlier this week, was able to pick up two bags of pitas. I did find the 505s, thanks everyone.

They were either out of, or stopped carrying 18 packs of chewing gum, which is OK, I guess. I seem to recall when my local opened they had a few different brands of multi-pack, and then a year or two ago it became just the one, and now it's 0. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was temporarily taken away to make room for Halloween stuff.

For holiday baking I need to be sure to stock up on butter, because the church is selling it for about half what the local grocery charges for name brand.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
More for me yay

I love the pumpkin pies, way way too much. Tastes vary, I don't care for the warm spices in most other punkin pies. I eat it with plain nonfat Greek yogurt on top

Straight to my rear end mmmm

The giant friggin muffins are incredible too

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

My car isn't working so I'm not able to go to costco. Why doesn't costco sell cars?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

get yourself a hot dog

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

My car isn't working so I'm not able to go to costco. Why doesn't costco sell cars?

They do!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

rodbeard posted:

the mom and pop shops in my neighborhood very clearly resell kirkland items and other brands that are always found at costco. iirc costco was originally founded to sell to small businesses after all thanks costco.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I desperately wish the prepared food items were not made so plain but it is probably for the best that I am not tempted to buy Costco quantities of baked goods.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

halokiller posted:

the mom and pop shops in my neighborhood very clearly resell kirkland items and other brands that are always found at costco. iirc costco was originally founded to sell to small businesses after all thanks costco.

Yep, if I’m away from home I’ll routinely buy the cold brews from the corner store. And I’ve seen the guy from my closest tobacco store getting his wholesale cigarettes there from the secret checkout next to the hearing aids! I’ve also noticed a lot of copacking around town, eg Trader Joe’s and CVS both sell the peanut butter pretzels.

Does anyone know if the opticians will do glasses adjustments on glasses not from Costco? Mine got a little bent up and I’m not sure where to get them fixed since I got them online.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

CzarChasm posted:

Visited earlier this week, was able to pick up two bags of pitas. I did find the 505s, thanks everyone.

They were either out of, or stopped carrying 18 packs of chewing gum, which is OK, I guess. I seem to recall when my local opened they had a few different brands of multi-pack, and then a year or two ago it became just the one, and now it's 0. I wouldn't be too surprised if it was temporarily taken away to make room for Halloween stuff.

For holiday baking I need to be sure to stock up on butter, because the church is selling it for about half what the local grocery charges for name brand.

If you have a business center Costco near you, they always have gum and candy packaged for individual resale. If you haven't been to a business center Costco before, I would definitely recommend checking it out at least once, the differences are pretty cool. And your normal Costco membership works there too, so don't worry about that.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Woman in front of me at checkout was cashing out $550+ of executive rewards, respect.

They were full court press today, people guiding to open checkouts and dual exit receipt lines. In and out in ~20 mins, helped that I knew where most stuff I needed was.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 11, 2022

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Went to Costco for the first time in two months. Restocked tofu, salsa, soy milk and kimchi (jongga with 2 g's it course) as well as other miscellaneous things.

Grabbed the dark chocolate covered mango on a whim. I am trying to stop myself from eating them all tonight.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I just ate a Costco hot dog. drat it was good.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Spent too much and got too much, but I did like finding most things I got were in clearance or on sale.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Got a punkin pie today thanks to this thread trashing on them last night

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

Got a punkin pie today thanks to this thread trashing on them last night

When all of the pumpkin pie chat came up I was like... "Oh boy, I wonder when Spinz is gonna get in here."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Spent too much and got too much, but I did like finding most things I got were in clearance or on sale.

Costco has a clearance what the gently caress

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Friends

Is the combo pizza ever coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

I just ate a Costco hot dog. drat it was good.

It is an experience.

I’m always surprised by its size upon receipt.

Then I’m always left wanting more after finishing.

I do always have the burps afterwards. Hot doggy burps.