Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
pretty sure that any concentration of lsd enough to have an effect on you would make that thing a tremendously valuable amount of acid if it was real. There's gotta be gallons of water in that fountain. People could end up tripping just being near it. It'd be absolutely insane to even try to make something like that -- the guy who discovered lsd infamously tripped balls for an extended period of time completely accidentally just synthesizing a tiny amount cause he had no idea how potent it actually is and had no idea that he had dosed himself.

The fact that you can buy "homeopathic" "medicine" in the US is genuinely grotesque and depraved, they sell that trash next to the real medicine and it's packaged and designed to be difficult to distinguish from real meds. They even sell special formulations for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

SniperWoreConverse posted:

The fact that you can buy "homeopathic" "medicine" in the US is genuinely grotesque and depraved, they sell that trash next to the real medicine and it's packaged and designed to be difficult to distinguish from real meds. They even sell special formulations for kids.

Absolutely. You’ll be in CVS trying to get head pills or something and have to sort through snake oil to find the actual medicine. It’s hosed up.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
All they have to do is add a new "not medicine" section next to the medicine; problem solved

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

"This product is not intended to cure or relieve any etc. etc."

Literally all they have to do and the companies just wink and say "The government makes us put that 🤗"

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

OMFG FURRY posted:

meh, there are tons of artists who use pharmaceuticals for portraits. go big or go home

It went very badly for Myles Barlow.

1 star.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

"This product is not intended to cure or relieve any etc. etc."

Literally all they have to do and the companies just wink and say "The government makes us put that 🤗"

The Fox News strategy.

For those unaware, Fox News has argued in court more than once that they are not a "News" station, and as such are under no obligation to provide facts or the truth.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I think the Coca Cola company defended themselves in a lawsuit about Vitamin Water by staying that no reasonable individual would actually believe that Vitamin Water was healthy

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

My cat had kidney disease and for some reason, the big pet stores sold homeopathic kidney supplements. I get that they might work as a placebo on idiot humans, but on cats?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

cult_hero posted:

My cat had kidney disease and for some reason, the big pet stores sold homeopathic kidney supplements. I get that they might work as a placebo on idiot humans, but on cats?

I think the focus there is still geared towards idiot humans.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ja, same as with flavor descriptions on cat food.

I somehow doubt that a mammal that licks its own rear end on the regular really cares that you brought home 'tuna & egg'

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

PainterofCrap posted:

I somehow doubt that a mammal that licks its own rear end on the regular really cares that you brought home 'tuna & egg'

You never had a cat, did you.

They care a lot.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

When I'm cooking, one of the cats will casually saunter in, take a sniff, and leave, especially if I open a can.

If I open a can of tuna, she is racing in and meowing loudly, pawing and rubbing my legs. She knows the difference in the sounds, I timed her once and it was four seconds from opening the tuna to her in the kitchen from the bedroom.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You never had a cat, did you.

They care a lot.

yeah cats have very weird diets from individual to individual. I knew a garbage gut cat that would eat corn chips, bread, she once ate a giant cupcake with a mound of frosting and the frosting off the second cupcake. she bit through plastic to eat part of a raw turkey around thanksgiving one year.

I have two cats now and one will eat cooked meat but no seafood, she loves lamb especially. the other won't touch human food, he seems to prefer the kibble

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

koshmar posted:

I think the focus there is still geared towards idiot humans.

My parents were completely convinced that clove scented oil would protect their dogs from fleas. It did not protect them from fleas. They refused to believe that it was not protecting them from fleas. When they brought the dog to the vet because she was trying to rip her rear end off to make it stop itching they had enormous difficulty understanding that she had fleas, and needed to use flea medication that was not scented oil.

Somebody at a pet store told them to use the oil. It was with the real topical pet meds, and packaged in the same way as flea meds are, in that applicator. The dogs smelled good for 2 days, that's all it was.

The oil was dramatically more expensive than the meds.

:suicide:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:byodood: But the medicine contains CHEMICALS!!!

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
I saw the Mona Lisa and the paint is really poo poo quality compared to modern paints.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/disturbingshirt/status/1568399857777143808

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I hope the court ordered him to wear that shirt at all times

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
dont drink from the Yangtze for a few months

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Here's a real threatening aura shirt, WAR CRIMES prosecutor:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

This is how we wind up with hedorahs

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Here's a real threatening aura shirt, WAR CRIMES prosecutor:

I'm a JULY born Javascript certified WAR CRIMES prosecutor who loves LINE DANCING with awesome grandkids and YES, they bought me THIS SHIRT!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/dakacki/status/1568310609657094144?t=KByemViCGL6xwOzR22r6rw&s=19

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

This is by the same fucks that dump all the food on their counters, right?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

You can actually wash many types of keyboards

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

She looks old enough to know better and old enough to have better taste.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

This is by the same fucks that dump all the food on their counters, right?

Curious what their next escalation will be, Im sure to be some combination of revulsed and angry.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I guess the curse was the waste of 3 minutes. I thought that she was actually going to do something interesting. Like pull off the glue and have some weird keyboard glitter glue art thing. Or before the glitter, leave the glue to dry and prank someone.

But nope. Just 3 minutes of nothing. At least the awful food videos have an end result.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
art is about taking something useful and making it non functional

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I guess the curse was the waste of 3 minutes. I thought that she was actually going to do something interesting. Like pull off the glue and have some weird keyboard glitter glue art thing. Or before the glitter, leave the glue to dry and prank someone.

But nope. Just 3 minutes of nothing. At least the awful food videos have an end result.

I dunno, I've seen several that are intentional rage bait that end with like deepfried dough surrounding a raw still uncooked egg so food can be a stretch.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Art is defined by what it isn't. Like trademarks. You can't have something useful be your trademark, because if something has to look like that in order to do it's job, then it's not your trademark, it's just useful.

Impressive really how much time and resources we spend on intentionally doing precisely jack poo poo, with precision, and much filibuster.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

OMFG FURRY posted:

art is about taking something useful and making it non functional

Are you the person stealing my poop?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Curious what their next escalation will be, Im sure to be some combination of revulsed and angry.

I imagine like, emptying a cement mixer through the sunroof of a brand new car, or pumping insulation foam into a walk-in closet.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Was pretty sure she was gonna peel off all the glue as the world's largest forbidden gunk gummy. But I think she is that awful woman who does the toilet punch and counter-spaghetti. Who I am pretty sure is a creation of that lovely Facebook "magician" guy

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Barudak posted:

It's always some waspy white woman and some idiot behind the camera astounded by the most inane poo poo. I really hate this poo poo

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
I liked this vid on this type of content:

https://youtu.be/w4taIYzy6BY

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Tarquinn posted:

Raw material cost of that artwork in the US $28,750.78
You're off by several 0s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe it’s just because of how frequently my wife shows me “crafting TikToks” of how to successfully add a poo poo-ton of glitter to everyday objects, but I thought it was funny. :shrug: