Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They confirmed a bunch of other stuff that was rumored/reported about Daredevil too.

- He will appear in Echo.
- DD: Born Again will be 18 episodes.
- Will be a soft reboot of the Netflix show to bring Netflix DD into the MCU.
- Fisk will be the main villain.
- Other people from the Netflix show will be coming back (they didn't say if they meant actors or showrunners/production people)
- It's part of phase 5.
- Starts filming in mid-2023.
- Releases in Spring 2024.
Really looking forward to this more than just about anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sockser posted:

Who is that on the far left??

Elaine from Seinfeld.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

kazil posted:

New York, Los Angeles, London, Wakanda: I don't think there are any other cities on Earth

I imagine Peckham is in that lineup too. Always need someone to hawk your shifty goods, after all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very mad that Yelena won't be getting more scenes with Kate :argh:

But gently caress yes Tim Blake Nelson and David Harbour and hopefully a better Taskmaster

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yelena and Kate will eventually be paired up again. Just not as soon as I would have wished.

I hope that we get Yelena at least texting with Kate in Thunderbolts.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

The Grumbles posted:

I've never dated anyone super famous but the couple of times I've been out for a drink with someone who I know has a public presence but which I'm not familiar with, I've not looked them up because I've felt like it'd make the date super awkward and parasocial.

I'm not a fan of her (besides the obvious all-time-classic WAP) but just as someone who reads the news and take an interest in the world around me I recognise her name. Even from the way she gets referenced in countless other media. I probably wouldn't recognise her from looks alone nor do I know any of her other songs. But it's a name that comes up in the news (not just entertainment news), in lots of other public discourse, etc.

It's okay to not know who an incredibly famous celebrity is, but it's really silly to have a super smug attitude about it when all you're really revealing is that the only things in the world you pay attention to are Marvel comics and, uh, Chaturbate
I thought the WAP song was Cardi B? I know that song / person because of the zeitgeist and hysterical outrage over it. You think it's being smug to not know who certain celebrities are. It's not. I said it to make fun of people who think everyone has to know who they know. There are a lot of very famous musicians I'm sure you don't know, too. Buddy Nielsen is a very famous musician. It wouldn't be smug to say, "who?" if he were brought up in the show, either.

It's like that scene in Parks and Rec when Tom is astounded Ann doesn't know who Ginuwine is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkiA06eTHIk

Again, these people aren't as famous as you think they are. Sure they're famous. That doesn't mean everyone knows them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Super Deuce posted:

I thought the WAP song was Cardi B?

https://www.google.com

can you please just stop posting about which celebrities you don't know?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Official Daredevil: Born Again logo and Title Card

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

kazil posted:

https://www.google.com

can you please just stop posting about which celebrities you don't know?

Good idea. I'll just google every name said in every TV show I watch to find out whether or not it's a real person or a character. That's a good idea. How are you not getting the point? It's not an affront for people to not know who you know.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Sockser posted:

Who is that on the far left??

Looks like Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine, or just Val is fine.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

Super Deuce posted:

Good idea. I'll just google every name said in every TV show I watch to find out whether or not it's a real person or a character. That's a good idea. How are you not getting the point? It's not an affront for people to not know who you know.

Pop culture isn't important knowledge and I personally even believe you could justify a sort of pride in that. However I bet anybody willing to understand has already been convinced. It's a derail that ends with trolling and dogpiling.

Not So Fast posted:

Looks like Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine, or just Val is fine.

Elaine from Seinfeld.

False alarm it just came out, it's actually a mannequin at a clothing store downtown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwYmZXVosVA

BRJurgis fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Sep 10, 2022

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Super Deuce posted:

I think the point is that nobody cares.
Megan the ... I already forgot her name isn't as famous as you think she is. There are a lot of people in the world.

Super Deuce posted:

I've literally heard one of her songs and only ever on certain Chaturbate streams. Surprisingly, nobody introduces songs like a radio DJ when they're just listening to music. Why would I bother looking into who performs a song I don't like? You know not everyone listens to top 40 radio, right? If any of that was even top 40.

Super Deuce posted:

It's weird how many people are personally upset that some people don't know a mediocre musician. Guess what, I don't know who Yeat is, either, except he was in a Channel 5 video. For all I know he could have been made up, too.

Super Deuce posted:

Could you maybe just shut the gently caress up about it? No one cares about your whining or what you jerk off to.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Could you maybe just shut the gently caress up about it? No one cares about your whining or what you jerk off to.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hell yes more of the RED GUARDIAN

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Werewolf by Night + Secret Invasion both look fantastic.

Interesting Thunderbolts line up. Surprised Zemo isn't there

:hellyeah: to Leader making a comeback

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Did they say that's the final Thunderbolts lineup or just that it's "the lineup" because I'm sure they're holding something back until later.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Official Daredevil: Born Again logo and Title Card

My body is ready.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

Admiral Joeslop posted:

As long as you keep responding about it, I'll keep clarifying because you still don't get it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Werewolf by Night + Secret Invasion both look fantastic.

Interesting Thunderbolts line up. Surprised Zemo isn't there

:hellyeah: to Leader making a comeback

Val probably doesn’t have the pull to get T’Chaka’s assassin out of Wakandan prison.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ke Huy Quan is in Loki, gently caress everything else

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I’m looking forward to seeing Kamala again

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't particularly care either way, but they missed an easy W having Tony Masters in Thunderbolts instead of the Taskmaster-clone from the movie that people don't care about. Happy to see Red Guardian and Ghost back, though.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I had forgotten that Werewolf-By-Night was a thing at all, so that trailer got me real hyped by how weird and crazy it looks. Structuring a show around Ulysses Bloodstone cryptkeepering a literal game of werewolf like a drat grindhouse horror movie sounds like fun.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I usually don’t like titles that bring attention to the fact that a sequel is a sequel (Continues, Returns, Legacy, etc) but Born Again is too good

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Mameluke posted:

Hell yes more of the RED GUARDIAN
Yeah I wasn't sure he was going to come back at all, so I was very surprised to see that he's a team member in Thunderbolts

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Firebert posted:

I don't particularly care either way, but they missed an easy W having Tony Masters in Thunderbolts instead of the Taskmaster-clone from the movie that people don't care about. Happy to see Red Guardian and Ghost back, though.

Yeah, I'm very much hoping that she's grown a personality by the time of Thunderbolts; Tasky's one of my favorites and them Wolverine Origins Deadpooling her was one of my biggest MCU frustrations so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah I wasn't sure he was going to come back at all, so I was very surprised to see that he's a team member in Thunderbolts

Makes sense that Yelena would go to her fake dad for backup tbh

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Now that they’ve brought back Hurt, Roth and Nelson, I’m waiting for them to squeeze Burrell in as well.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Has it actually been revealed who is backing Elaine? Did they give any additional info if not?

Oh mb nm fisk?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

BRJurgis posted:

Has it actually been revealed who is backing Elaine? Did they give any additional info if not?

Oh mb nm fisk?

That’d be a huge jump up from the Tracksuit Mafia.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Was that Daisy Johnson in Secret Invasion trailer?!?!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

swickles posted:

She is supposed to be in it but I did not see her in the trailer

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

swickles posted:

Where at?

Emilia Clarke is in it for a moment but we don't know who her character is. Personally I was getting Jessica Drew vibes from that brief appearance.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

AngryBooch posted:

She is supposed to be in it but I did not see her in the trailer

There was a rumor several years ago that was always kind of shaky. She was never supposed to be.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Codependent Poster posted:

Emilia Clarke is in it for a moment but we don't know who her character is

I thought they revealed it and she's playing a Skrull?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rarity posted:

I thought they revealed it and she's playing a Skrull?

Nah, nothing official has come out about who she is. There were rumors of her being a Skrull, but also people have said she could be Jessica Drew or Agent Brand.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I feel like Olivia Colman has to be playing the Skrull Queen, right?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I would like to recant my earlier post today because that Werewolf By Night trailer - as much as it pains me to admit it - looks dope as gently caress. A black and white homage to The Beast Must Die! was not at all what I was expecting. Too bad we already know it's Jack Russell so they won't have/need an intermission for the audience to guess the werewolf.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Super Deuce posted:

Man. I was the guy who originally brought up that the scene with Stallion didn't really land with me, since I had no prior affection or knowledge about that woman, so I guess I agree with you, but it's not worth getting agitated about that stuff.
It's just one of these American things were the assumption is that people know a particularly piece of pop culture and are ignorant otherwise.
People also often assume that you'd know an actor because they appeared on Saturday Night Live, which is just not a thing at all outside of the US.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

Man. I was the guy who originally brought up that the scene with Stallion didn't really land with me, since I had no prior affection or knowledge about that woman, so I guess I agree with you, but it's not worth getting agitated about that stuff.
It's just one of these American things were the assumption is that people know a particularly piece of pop culture and are ignorant otherwise.
People also often assume that you'd know an actor because they appeared on Saturday Night Live, which is just not a thing at all outside of the US.

So do shows in other countries not refer to the pop culture in those countries? I'm unclear on how this is some uniquely American thing.