Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The way they are hiding Phase 6 and slow played the mutant start I doubt we’re gonna get any X-Men news until after we’ve already seen some big step forward in a movie/show. I think they’re doing the mutant thing organically and a lot of stuff is being held back until the preceding entry builds to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Shira Haas cast as Sabra in new Cap film.

Carly Lumbly and Danny Ramirez back.

Oòooo sabra is a mutant!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
This blurb is kind of weird and makes it seem like it isn't going to be a nega-bands thing.

quote:

Official Synopsis: THE MARVELS focuses on the 3 heroes as they keep trading places with each other every time they use their powers and must team up to fix their problem.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Danny Ramirez confirmed as the new Falcon.

quote:

Danny Ramirez returns as the new Falcon in ‘CAPTAIN AMERICA NEW WORLD ORDER'

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I guess Blade starts filming next month, which makes it weirder that we have had so little info on it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Three super-soldiers and three spies is... interesting team composition.

You didn't want Abomination or Whiplash (who is alive, shut up, I didn't see no body) or Mordo, Contessa? You're overloading your Avengers with Captain Americas and Black Widows.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Here's a bunch of blurbs and semi-leaked pics from the presentation:

Official Daredevil: Born Again logo and Title Card

quote:

New footage for ‘ANT-MAN AND THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA’ shows Scott Lang having to do a heist in the Quantum Realm for Kang or else he won’t get Cassie back.

quote:

IRONHEART’ explores the battle between Magic and Tech.

quote:

‘BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER’ focuses on the rest of the world trying to capitalize on getting WAKANDA's resources when they're at their weakest.

quote:

Gael Garcia Bernal and Laura Donnelly are the leads of ‘WEREWOLF BY NIGHT’.

quote:

‘WEREWOLF BY NIGHT’ is shot entirely in black-and-white and a retro horror mystery.

quote:

‘ECHO’ has wrapped filming.

quote:

Vincent D’Onofrio returns as Kingpin in ‘ECHO’ with a bandage over his eye.

quote:

Footage for ‘LOKI’ Season 2 included a lot more Kang action from Jonathan Majors.

quote:

Ke Huy Quan plays a TVA employee in ‘LOKI’ Season 2.

Captain America 4 New Logo and Title Card:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Three super-soldiers and three spies is... interesting team composition.

You didn't want Abomination or Whiplash (who is alive, shut up, I didn't see no body) or Mordo, Contessa? You're overloading your Avengers with Captain Americas and Black Widows.

Makes sense if they are going for more espionage and less government controlled super heroes.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess Blade starts filming next month, which makes it weirder that we have had so little info on it

Yeah, but I'm fairly certain there was never any official confirmation of Werewolf By Night until today. For a thing that's coming out in just a month. They're just playing things closet and closer to the vest as time goes on, it seems.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

glitchwraith posted:

Makes sense if they are going for more espionage and less government controlled super heroes.

Yeah. It makes a lot more sense really. And it sets it apart from the inevitable Suicide Squad comparisons. And again, I think there’s room for escalation to the “wmd” villains.

WaffleZombie posted:

Yeah, but I'm fairly certain there was never any official confirmation of Werewolf By Night until today. For a thing that's coming out in just a month. They're just playing things closet and closer to the vest as time goes on, it seems.

Yeah. I think it’s just a lot of elements. They’re working on a shorter schedule with these phases. There’s a lot more content coming out. A lot of it connects and leads to each other. And then there’s stuff you don’t want to spoil. If Armor Wars is a direct continuation of Secret Invasion you can tell people much about it without spoiling SI. Kingpin factors into Echo and Daredevil but he was a surprise in Hawkeye so you had to wait. So who knows what is being held back because it would tip off a surprise in the 6th episode of She Hulk or in the next movie? Maybe Blade is one of the hunters in Werewolf by Night? Who knows? Marvel picks and chooses what it wants to get out these days.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 10, 2022

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Since Blade was at the end of Eternals, is there any connections between Blade and Black Knight/The Ebony Blade that would give us some speculation as to what we might be seeing in the movie?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jamesman posted:

Since Blade was at the end of Eternals, is there any connections between Blade and Black Knight/The Ebony Blade that would give us some speculation as to what we might be seeing in the movie?

Not that I recall, seemed more like they were setting up a Midnight Sons/Magic Avengers thing

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Is that Julia Louise-Dreyfuss as Rapiccini's Daughter or what the gently caress?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh gently caress ghost, white widow, and taskmaster on thunderbolts :vince: :swoon:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She’s already appeared as La Contessa Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine in Black Widow and Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Speculation has long been that she’s been building the Thunderbolts as like an evil Nick Fury.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I feel like the Thunderbolts are going to first show up in the new Captain America movie. Probably going after the Leader.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

She's Val Fontaine, she's been showing up in the TV shows a lot to collect the anti heroes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
God I hope not. I long for a return to the days of a movie only featuring one or two heroes at most. I’m so completely tired of gigantic team-ups.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jamesman posted:

Blade and Black Knight were both in MI13 together. So it's possible they team them up and maybe introduce more MI13 members if Blade is working with them.

I also really hope that's Elsa Bloodstone in the Werewolf By Night trailer.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Open Marriage Night posted:

I feel like the Thunderbolts are going to first show up in the new Captain America movie. Probably going after the Leader.

I feel like they're going to show up in a post-credit scene really soon, but yes a larger role in New World Order seeing as Bucky is on the team and a good friend of Sam's.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think the Thunderbolts will be in the next Cap, but rumors for a while have been that Moon Knight is supposed to be in the movie.

I'm also getting serious Jessica Drew vibes from Emilia Clarke in that brief look we get at her.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blockhouse posted:

please god give taskmaster a personality

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. Give Olga something fun to work with, yo.

Kinda loving that we get Yelena, Alexei and Tasky together again, with added Bucky. With that many spies and infiltrators, I demand heist poo poo excellence to make Ethan Hunt balk.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's pretty funny that the team is half Caps, but honestly given how the Cgi has been it'll probably make for better visuals anyways

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thunderbolts: Oops, All Caps.

Hope there's a running joke where Red Guardian, Taskmaster, and US Agent all keep picking up the wrong shields.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Blade and Black Knight were both in MI13 together. So it's possible they team them up and maybe introduce more MI13 members if Blade is working with them.

I also really hope that's Elsa Bloodstone in the Werewolf By Night trailer.
Supposedly the lead actress is playing Elsa Bloodstone

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

FlamingLiberal posted:

Supposedly the lead actress is playing Elsa Bloodstone
IMDB seems to agree.
Okay. My interest in that show just went from 0 to something like 60%.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
What’s the status of who owns Ghost Rider

How has that not been a possibility for the MCU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Disney has the rights. They used Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD and he will probably show up as a proper MCU version down the road.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was supposed to be a Ghost Rider solo show but it kind of died on the vine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They were also planning a Ghost Rider show for Hulu before all the tv shifted to Disney+. Ghost Rider is definitely coming eventually but they're only now really beginning to dive into that kind of supernatural/horror/mystical stuff really. And they're approach has always been to hold back and build to the big thing.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Ah, ok. I didn’t watch Agents, so my last memory are the Nic Cage movies. Seems a no brainer with all the mystical/horror stuff going on to bring in one of the most powerful heroes they have on the bench that’s not tied to mutants/recent other acquisitions.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdrianPrescott6/status/1568674940022292485?s=20&t=C2vX5H9zuCtmiQeW6xV6Mw

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/DrewMcWeeny/status/1568716220366737408?t=TZFgMtKKyVdVYnc_koc19Q&s=19

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

cant cook creole bream posted:

IMDB seems to agree.
Okay. My interest in that show just went from 0 to something like 60%.

I don't really trust IMDB or Wikipedia since I couldn't find any official sources. She so far is just an unnamed character.

I'm pretty sure she's Elsa but I don't want to get my hopes up and have them dashed.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Soul Glo posted:

Ah, ok. I didn’t watch Agents, so my last memory are the Nic Cage movies. Seems a no brainer with all the mystical/horror stuff going on to bring in one of the most powerful heroes they have on the bench that’s not tied to mutants/recent other acquisitions.

That was one of the good seasons of SHIELD. It's the Robbie version but it was a cool storyline and the effects were really good

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

The story from AoS was the Darkhold was acquired by some scientists and used to create a matter generator, and then someone went crazy for power and killed the other people in the lab, who got turned into ghosts. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) shows up and is looking for the Darkhold and to deal with the ghosts. He gets the book and fucks off somewhere with it.

I think the book also showed up in Runaways but I never watched that show. But I don't think any of this stuff is canon anymore unless Multiverse of Madness addressed it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I don't think the Thunderbolts will be in the next Cap, but rumors for a while have been that Moon Knight is supposed to be in the movie.

Those were the same rumors that had Sin and the Serpent Society as the villains instead of The Leader, so I’m no longer expecting Moon Knight to be in Cap 4 at all tbh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Thunderbolts in Cap makes sense since Sam's whole thing has been him not knowing if he can carry on the legacy of Steve and build his own and Countessa's thing has seemed to be about building her own little SHIELD/Avengers. And those two things seem to be at direct odds even without the character overlaps.

Then again it also feels like all of that could crossover with Fury and this Secret Invasion and Rhodey/Armor Wars stuff and that "New World Order" sure sounds like something big happens. And Leader's presence sure suggests some Hulk involvement. But maybe there's no connection to any of this. Who knows?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1568676306090622977

Data and Short Round, in case you didn't know who he is.

lol backstage

https://twitter.com/letterboxd/status/1568715832230051841

e; fb

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Jamesman posted:

The story from AoS was the Darkhold was acquired by some scientists and used to create a matter generator, and then someone went crazy for power and killed the other people in the lab, who got turned into ghosts. Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) shows up and is looking for the Darkhold and to deal with the ghosts. He gets the book and fucks off somewhere with it.

I think the book also showed up in Runaways but I never watched that show. But I don't think any of this stuff is canon anymore unless Multiverse of Madness addressed it.
No it was not referenced. I'm sure like with a lot of stuff on Agents of SHIELD it's probably not going to be brought up again because they can just do a clean slate thing.

They could also use Johnny Blaze instead of Robbie Reyes for MCU Ghost Rider, who knows.