Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Lucas no. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Of course the cricket is all going ahead as normal now. What a bunch of muppets the EPL and FA are.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Pretty sure like half of all your favorite Brazilian players have more or less the same ideology

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

wrong thread

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

The funeral will be either Sunday or Monday I think, can't see the games going ahead in either event. If it's Monday at least we'll all get the day off to not watch football again.

Apparently it's not even a real bank holiday, employers can choose whether to respect it.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Ronaldinho running for the Brazilian Force Them To Pray In Schools party or whatever was not very joga bonito

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Pretty sure like half of all your favorite Brazilian players have more or less the same ideology

More than that even. There are very few good ones. Juninho Pernambucano really stands out. None of these young players bothered to learn about Socrates or what he did at Corinthians.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

socrates was cool as hell, its true

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lol

https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1568522902080741377

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oh nooooo what if someone were to globally embarrass the UK, nobody has ever done that before

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

translation: it is the fault of the scoozers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pretty sure most footballers support him and also happen to be very rich so

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

my translation is that they cancel everything and do official periods of mourning because they're worried about how many people would shrug their shoulders and move on if not forced to participate

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe Liverpool got football cancelled forever

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

my translation is that they cancel everything and do official periods of mourning because they're worried about how many people would shrug their shoulders and move on if not forced to participate

I mean, that definitely reads like they were worried that liverpool and possibly celtic would boo a minute's silence and then there'd be a daily express front page openly calling them 'scum'

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Jippa posted:

Lucas no. :(

Bad news he also regularly likes and retweets transphobic poo poo. He sucks.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Vinestalk posted:

More than that even. There are very few good ones. Juninho Pernambucano really stands out. None of these young players bothered to learn about Socrates or what he did at Corinthians.

can someone please clarify if Juninho Teesidista is a racist or not, and then I'll just assume all the subsidiary Juninhos will fall in line

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It unironically is. They can barely last 30s through a minute's silence.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It unironically is. They can barely last 30s through a minute's silence.

To be fair, as the replies to that tweet point out, the scoozers are now being called scum anyway for an entirely hypothetical series of offensive and distasteful events occurring in people's minds

just building a scarecrow in my back yard in the form of harry enfield and then wailing on it with my stupid fists for two to three hours per day including cooldown

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Should have played the games as normal but say if any Liverpool fans boo Liverpool is automatically relegated for treason.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

just building a scarecrow in my back yard in the form of harry enfield and then wailing on it with my stupid fists for two to three hours per day including cooldown

All right, calm down.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
you're telling me my favorite prospect Nazinho isn't a leftist? what the gently caress

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Spurs making initial enquiries as to the availability of Dutch prospect Jak Bout

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

sprotto posted:

socrates was cool as hell, its true

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Weaponized Cum posted:

you're telling me my favorite prospect Nazinho isn't a leftist? what the gently caress

lol

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/SheffInterFC/status/1568198688278814721

https://twitter.com/SheffInterFC/status/1568302807614214147

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That entire twitter thread is :discourse:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Weaponized Cum posted:

lmao. Naziñhooooooooo

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

The real question is why the rest of the teams fans arent also booing the national anthem, cowards

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1568629397095157760?s=20&t=I2tI7xKZcJpdeKopHZBebg

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Brighton seems like the perfect club for Knutsen if he wants to try it in the prem

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

TheRat posted:

Brighton seems like the perfect club for Knutsen if he wants to try it in the prem

I hope he gets an assistant named Diaz

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Bea Nanner posted:

I hope he gets an assistant named Diaz

GK coach Yarmouth.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Weaponized Cum posted:

lol

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Weaponized Cum posted:

You might want to sit down when I tell you about Hitlerison

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/an-xi-of-the-brazilian-players-with-the-weirdest-names-pikachu-gandhi/

quote:

LW: Marx Lenin
I don’t really need to explain this inclusion, do I?

According to young Marx Lenin dos Santos Goncalves, the name has nothing to do with the communist philosopher or Russian revolutionary.

Apparently, his mum liked the sound of Marx as an alternative spelling to his dad’s name Marques and the Lenin was a purely aesthetic choice because she liked how it sounded together with Marx.

Pretty massive coincidence if you ask us, but there you go.

Marx Lenin is a left-footed attacking midfielder. He moved from Flamengo’s U20 side to Akron Togliatti in the Russian second tier in 2020, because, well, of course he did.

He’s recently been released and is currently without a club. Apparently, he’s only taking offers from sides that play in red.

tanks status: sent in

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fitting that he turned out to be a left winger

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

pouring one out for my boys Bacteria, Pedro Ken, and Marlon Brandão

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

vyelkin posted:

fitting that he turned out to be a left winger

Could have been a striker, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost