Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Been watching Elmo's World clips with my kid and sometimes the ones on YouTube are the segments from the early 2000s and holy poo poo do I finally get why some people hated Elmo. Those older segments just come across as pure loving chaos at times and just straight up noisy, but the newer versions have a clearer format with the little Smartie phone actually explaining some idea/theme and a game/Mr. Noodle segment to tie into it without being migraine-inducing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my mom hates mr noodle for some reason lol. i think hes fine! my kid likes him.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Greg Legg posted:

My younger brother once got mad at my mom and he drew a similar, but way more graphic, picture of her death and gave it to her. My mom hung it up where she worked and it freaked everyone out. I think this is just a thing kids do

Yeah, my wife and her friend were having a video chat and the friend's oldest son (around 4 I think) came up, hopped in her lap, looked at her and said "I'm going to kill you!" and started laughing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

parenting kicks rear end, last night my kid partly took his diaper off and then took a massive poo poo. i was so happy that he slept all night without waking up too, but then when i got him up he was absolutely covered in poo poo. pants and shirt are a total loss, not really sure if the bedsheets are salvageable lol. feels like i had to use a whole pack of wipes to clean him up. he's in a good mood this morning at least.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Times like that call for tossing them in the bath.

Haven't had it with poop but similar "dear God what happened in here??" with vomit

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah he had a bath afterwards but i didn't want to get a bunch of poo poo all over the tub lol

hope he is having fun in daycare today!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
That's the kind of thing that would earn my kid the nickname Turd Goblin for at least a week

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

lobster shirt posted:

parenting kicks rear end, last night my kid partly took his diaper off and then took a massive poo poo. i was so happy that he slept all night without waking up too, but then when i got him up he was absolutely covered in poo poo. pants and shirt are a total loss, not really sure if the bedsheets are salvageable lol. feels like i had to use a whole pack of wipes to clean him up. he's in a good mood this morning at least.

lol I don't miss this stuff, although it never grossed me out at the time.

Both my kids started an after school karate program with a half dozen of their friends yesterday and I'm so psyched for them, I hope they like it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

only time I've been grossed out was when my kiddo did the same with a poo poo diaper

then he smeared it on the wall

result was backwards PJs until potty training, which he's doing well at

Struensee
Nov 9, 2011
My son had diarrhea and had poo poo up and down his legs at about 2 years old. So I was trying to change him, but of course it was itchy as hell so he put his hand in the poo poo and I screamed out "NO!", which made him cry, so he put his poo poo-covered hand in his mouth to soothe himself. Should've put him in the shower sooner.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
hahahahahaha jesus

I'm glad that so far the only poop incidents I've had to deal with were scattered turd nuggets appearing in her bed overnight, and her ditching her diaper and pooping on the floor while I was taking the dog out to go potty one time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
drat, kid just got her first cold (just sniffles, covid test was negative). Made it a little over 3 years without getting sick once! I'm pretty impressed. Probably 80% quarantine/careful socialization, 20% My strong immune system (i only ever got a cold every 2-3 years pre-covid)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

There are a bunch of minor colds one wants them to get early or they are much worse to if they get them later or that missing them makes getting something else later worse.

I hate covid so much.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Struensee posted:

My son had diarrhea and had poo poo up and down his legs at about 2 years old. So I was trying to change him, but of course it was itchy as hell so he put his hand in the poo poo and I screamed out "NO!", which made him cry, so he put his poo poo-covered hand in his mouth to soothe himself. Should've put him in the shower sooner.

god drat lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
False alarm on the cold her grandma was just tripping. Babbybeast stays winning

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Our oldest is also sick. It was the first week of preschool so I expected this. I still sort of feel guilty about the unlimited screen time they get when they're sick, but that's just how it is.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Four year old brought home a non-Covid bug that gave her a light cough, either missed or did nothing to me, and absolutely leveled my spouse. I'm real curious to see what three plus years of hypervigilance and luck has done to broad immunity.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Greg Legg posted:

Our oldest is also sick. It was the first week of preschool so I expected this. I still sort of feel guilty about the unlimited screen time they get when they're sick, but that's just how it is.

when your kid is sick it's like survival mode for all parties, you gotta do what you gotta do to get through it. a few weeks ago my kid had a bad throat infection and had to stay out of daycare for like a week, we probably watched every episode of daniel tiger multiple times lol.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

lobster shirt posted:

when your kid is sick it's like survival mode for all parties, you gotta do what you gotta do to get through it. a few weeks ago my kid had a bad throat infection and had to stay out of daycare for like a week, we probably watched every episode of daniel tiger multiple times lol.

switch it up to tumble leaf, stinky and dirty, creative galaxy

...then watch all of them like five times, because same idea

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

lobster shirt posted:

yeah it really sucks . kid has some fever and you’re like (Simpson theme)”the symptoms “ get x tests later and it’s some other virus and you’re like poo poo it could have been covid.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Kind of the opposite of bedshitting, but any advice on getting a newborn to poop?

Our five week old preemie is on day 3 of no poops and she spends most of her free time with her new hobby: straining visibly and loudly. Bicycle kicks get farts out, but no turds.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

Kind of the opposite of bedshitting, but any advice on getting a newborn to poop?

Our five week old preemie is on day 3 of no poops and she spends most of her free time with her new hobby: straining visibly and loudly. Bicycle kicks get farts out, but no turds.

Try rubbing her tummy in a clockwise motion pushing a bit firmly but obviously not too hard. That's what a nurse told us to do with our premie

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

lobster shirt posted:

Oh absolutely, and I am glad your child is feeling better! So far it isn't covid, so I'm thankful for that. Blaze and the Monster Machines is WAY better than paw patrol or cocomelon so it's not all bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Greg Legg posted:

Oh absolutely, and I am glad your child is feeling better! So far it isn't covid, so I'm thankful for that. Blaze and the Monster Machines is WAY better than paw patrol or cocomelon so it's not all bad.

Blaze and bubble guppies are solid

Paw patrol should be defunded

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Greg Legg posted:

honestly whatever my kid had was worse than covid was for him lol, he caught it at daycare and spread it to my household a few months ago, he had the sniffles for like two days and that was it. only way we knew it was covid is because it knocked my wife on her rear end, so she took a test and it was positive. son and i also tested positive but he was fine and i was also fine, thankfully. guess those vaccines work!

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
The one time my baby threw up on my wife, she was wearing my shorts at the time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PerniciousKnid posted:

The one time my baby threw up on my wife, she was wearing my shorts at the time.

what kind of baby throw up we talking? milk spits doesn't count.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

what kind of baby throw up we talking? milk spits doesn't count.

I remember it being actual vomit but I wasn't there myself, she probably made the whole thing up as a cover-up actually.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hahaha i was trying to show my kid a video of orangutans, one of them was wearing a diaper and he got so mad at it for some reason. he was like "no monkey diaper!! no monkey diaper!!"

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Chad Sexington posted:

beside rubbing, prune, pear, or apple juice for sorbitol.

three days is approaching “call pediatrician's office for advice” territory, though. they might tell you to try a suppository. if she seems to be in pain (crying while straining + pulling legs toward abdomen, for example), couldn't hurt to call this evening and get that advice.

hydration all good? also call sooner rather than later if you’re not getting wet diapers.

Insanite has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Sep 10, 2022

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Greg Legg posted:

My younger brother once got mad at my mom and he drew a similar, but way more graphic, picture of her death and gave it to her. My mom hung it up where she worked and it freaked everyone out. I think this is just a thing kids do

Lmao yeah my kid calls death "turning to skeleton bones" and is always drawing pictures of people as skeleton bones and explaining how they died.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

don't give up,
skeleton!

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

Insanite posted:

beside rubbing, prune, pear, or apple juice for sorbitol.

three days is approaching “call pediatrician's office for advice” territory, though. they might tell you to try a suppository. if she seems to be in pain (crying while straining + pulling legs toward abdomen, for example), couldn't hurt to call this evening and get that advice.

hydration all good? also call sooner rather than later if you’re not getting wet diapers.

three days is maybe worrisome for an older kid, but newborns can go for a while without pooping and it’s totally fine as long as they are hydrated and peeing.

we always mixed a few spoonfuls of prune juice into breastmilk, and if that didn’t work, we tried again the next day.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
my bad wrong thread

Noob Saibot has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Sep 10, 2022

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

meanolmrcloud posted:

three days is maybe worrisome for an older kid, but newborns can go for a while without pooping and it’s totally fine as long as they are hydrated and peeing.

we always mixed a few spoonfuls of prune juice into breastmilk, and if that didn’t work, we tried again the next day.

oh, yeah, it's not 'be worried' territory. didn't mean to imply that.

having a game plan for things like that can be nice, though--you're so frazzled by the newborn experience that running out on a sunday to find glycerin suppositories or whatever might be stressful.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Tummy time is loving amazing. My little lady is 13 days old now and I am so happy. I wish she would get less gassy when I want to go to sleep tho lol

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

how much harder is having the second kid overall

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

bitmap posted:

Much more than twice as hard

You'll feel outnumbered 2 to 2

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

bitmap posted:

Having 1 kid feels like having 0 kids, having 2 feels like having 2, having 3 feels like having 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

drat