Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Just to confirm, if I buy Endwalker, that contains all the other expansions as well?

e] Oh poo poo I just saw the answer in the op of the other thread, what a shameful snipe

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
a friend of mine accidentally ended up with the endwalker key for windows (he plays through steam) and asked if i know of anyone who might need it-- figured i'd ask in here just in case someone hasn't gotten it yet.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Obnoxipus posted:

a friend of mine accidentally ended up with the endwalker key for windows (he plays through steam) and asked if i know of anyone who might need it-- figured i'd ask in here just in case someone hasn't gotten it yet.

I'd actually be interested if they're still trying to offload it. I finished out Heavensward and still have the 3.X quests to go, but I think I'm all-in now.

Let me know how you want to communicate since you don't have PM's.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I'd actually be interested if they're still trying to offload it. I finished out Heavensward and still have the 3.X quests to go, but I think I'm all-in now.

Let me know how you want to communicate since you don't have PM's.

no worries! you can email [removed] and i will send you the code!

Obnoxipus fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 8, 2022

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Obnoxipus posted:

no worries! you can email 7349352 at gmail and i will send you the code!

Shot you an e-mail!

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I got up to the last quest in Shadowbringers last night, but figured I should go to bed before doing it. I’m hype.

I’m glad I could quote haurchefant to ryne, but kind of wish I could have had us re-enact the FFX laughter scene.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I made a relic.

I'm not doing that again.

I can't even put it in the dresser.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dareon posted:

I made a relic.

I've said this to myself twice and yet, I know I will make another.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Dareon posted:

I made a relic.

I thought once you made a relic, you get the replica made which you CAN put in the glam toilet?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Depends on the relic and the stage Dareon reached. If "a relic" includes pre-zeta stages of ARR relics then you don't get replicas until you finish it all the way. Since HW they provide vendors selling replicas of the previous stages for every step IIRC, though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Shadowbringers even gives you a replica of a non-glowing version of the final stage that you never unlock (presumably because they had to cut it short).

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I finished shadowbringers tonight. the justification for your 7 allies for the final battle was so cool!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SettingSun posted:

I've said this to myself twice and yet, I know I will make another.

"That was a headache, never again.

"That was a headache, never again."

Now I'm eyeing the Warrior weapon. Why do the ARR relics have to look so dang good?

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I made Curtana and never really touched it again, but I've been wearing the associated title ever since, so... profit??

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bruceski posted:

Why do the ARR relics have to look so dang good?

It's funny, because I don't feel like any of the ARR relics visually outdo their Heavensward counterparts, to say nothing of other options like the new crafted Fae's Crown weapons.

Makes my life easier, though, because yeah lmao gently caress ARR relics forever, I did that poo poo when it was relevant content due to trash garbage itemization on SCH weapons. :negative:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kyrosiris posted:

It's funny, because I don't feel like any of the ARR relics visually outdo their Heavensward counterparts, to say nothing of other options like the new crafted Fae's Crown weapons.

Makes my life easier, though, because yeah lmao gently caress ARR relics forever, I did that poo poo when it was relevant content due to trash garbage itemization on SCH weapons. :negative:

Heavensward is nice if you want big blinding glow, but doesn't offer anything outside of that. What ARR really does is give all the relics their own style instead of fitting them all to a theme.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

HW weapons are leagues easier to make at least, considering 90% of the stages are just 'spend poetics' or running some dungeons/trials unsynced. Even the opening FATE 'grind' seems to have like a 50% chance to drop their respective crystals.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Yoichinoyumi is my favorite relic bow by far and I kinda wish I'd made it instead of Excalibur. Oh well, I can always start a second ARR relic :unsmigghh:

Last Resort is also really sick.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Saya's adventures continue!

Saya decides to Job change into White Knight and rescues a lady who is being bullied by a bunch of hooligans.

From there I make the trek to the Waking Sands to continue the MSQ.

Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls... A conquerer.. Yessss.. Ascians and Scions, still frozen in stasis, awaiting the moment 4 Umbral Ages hence when they will awaken the Great War... Hrmm...

I swagger my way in.

Okay yes BUT It's not what it looks like! Please stop pointing out my crippling alchoholism :shobon:

Look...

I always knew Daydreaming was actually my talent this entire time!

Thancred we both know does not actually need introduction... There are gang wars being fought over him! :allears:

We interrupt your regular programming at the Waking Sands to do what I think is called a daily? Where you queue for a random dungeon for a bonus?

But anyways I soon proceed over to a nearby town who has been having some disappearances of late.

Pretty cool church, not at all ominous.

Excuse me mother for I have sinned...

BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!

Outside the town I have found some people who contracted the mysterious illness of "was torn apart by beastmen"

Whose corpses in my inventory(!?) Look puzzling!

Burying bodies is hard:

I found a mysterious Jedi master in hiding from the Empire:

Stealing "Lichkeeper" for my next D&D campaign!

But anyways, don't worry Thancred, I'm sure with our two braincells between us we'll figure this out!

At some point at level 30 on my Arcanist I go off to do the next job quest, and endeavor to help my girlfriend face her previous tormentor!

But on my way to the meetup point I see a Lalafel living his best life:

And a Miqote also living her best life:

:aaa:

My galaxy brain will piece the heavens!

"Ye think ye ave' me cornered whelp!? I-"

"Your next words are!: 'You've haven't seen the last of me!'"

"You've haven't seen the last of me! WHAT!?"

As he Doesmaga jumps overboard but gets captured.

K'lyhia and I share a moment:

"It's not you its me."

I-I-I think she broke up with me!?

Saddened, I return to Thanalan to continue the MSQ to keep my mind off of things.

By dressing up as a poor person to trick a faker:

Someone crit failed their insight check!

"Now is really NOT the time to be thinking of fishing!"

"WHAT!? You bastard! You tricked me! What a fiendish thing to do!"

Whelp, time to strike a cool pose, I'm sure I can take them all-*ow!*:

"Oh no! My crippling alchoholism! I'm blacking out again!"

My first like "waiting area" for a boss fight, it's interesting that they DO let you leave if you still got some stuff to do, and come up
with an elaborate justification as to why. Interesting they slightly foreshadow the fate of tempered people.

Wow what a depressed bunch.

Really love this entrance Ifrit has.

Ifrit says something interesting things, maybe he's talking about the Ascians? He seems to know something I don't.

My party defeats Ifrit, and I add another Infinity Gem to my collection :getin:

"Where the hell were you!? Aw I can't stay angry with that face!"

Thickens the plot does.

drat, the Almajia really made a mess of things, I think the graveyard might be full already though, they had a LOT of dead bodies just laying outside unburied!

At some point I'm introduced to Materia, and meet another really fashionable Miqote to get over the break up with!

However her brothers get in my way! :mad:

I go back to Gridania to level up Lancer some more so I can turn in some lower level side quests that my Arcanist is already way overleveled for,
Foulques continues to stalk me, and I continue to be unable to take my eyes off of his tall handsome visage. :allears:

We fight a boar

I guess it's time to no longer be *bored* am I right haha.... Ha?

Distracted, Foulques gets King Robert'd

"Told ye so" Says Shikimaru's dad.

Grumblestiltskin stomps away, obviously embarrassed at his poor performance, don't worry it happens to everyone!

I head back to the Waking Sands to check up on people:

I finally got GLAMOURS and setup my appearance a bit:

I get sent back to check up some political speeches since it's gotta be election season EVERYWHERE am I right?

Kan-E-Sanna doing her best Galadriel impression, "Vote for me, and in place of a dark lord you would have a QUEEN! Not Dark but Beautiful and as Terrible as the Dawn! All shall love me and DESPAIR!"

These two seem interesting, I hope the girl is an aspiring machiavellian politician/schemer while the boy is a powerful mage in training! :D

On my way to the speech in Ul'dah I meet up with the Thaumatarge's guild and meet the world's most awesome chuuni's.

Seriously look at this, JUST LOOK AT THIS!!!

I don't see how Namino isn't like Dictator-Princess for Life, Defender of the Realm and Protector of the Faith when she's this precious!

"SQUAK! PRINCESS WANTS THE HEADS OF HER ENEMIES!!"

"How did you two get here so fast?"

While in Ul'dah I figure it's time to reward myself with some MODEST amounts of gambling, "What's the harm?"

gently caress YEAH MAHJONG!!! ANIME REFERENCES! AKAGI! KAIJI! SAKI EVEN! WASHIZU! Gunna pon me some rons!!

I even win my first round! WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS WAS THE NOVICE TABLE!? :mad:

"Aren't you supposed to be helping Cloud crossdress right now?"

I eventually make my way to Lomsa Lominsa for the last but honestly the best speech by Tall Boss:

Seriously LOOK at the constant boat puns! :haw:

I forget when exactly this happens but Alphinaud and Alisaie have a conversation and knowing everything about the story
up to Heavensward I'm kinda amazed at how out of character this moment and its run up feels in retrospect, I guess the writers
were still figuring them out?

I sign up with the Maelstrum, gotta represent my home city-state y'know?

And with that I sign off with things.

I'm going to be needing to look up Mahjong tutorials as I haven't played in a long time and haven't really learned the various yakus/hands, but I like the game a lot as it feels like a tabletop gambling game with some actual strategy to it since there's *some* information available.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's more than Alphinaud and Alisaie are still figuring themselves out, as they are teenagers.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That scene still works fine for the characters they are/become, Alisae's voice acting excepted. As time goes on the game pays less and less attention to how dodgy the Eorzean city states are, which makes Alisae's objections to Alphinaud's schemes sound less sensible. And it does lean into early/mid ARR's "is he a bad guy?" Alphinaud fakeouts in tone, which are forgotten as soon as he reaches the church (much like the Imperial soldier found lurking outside).

In the end Alisae is proven right and Alphinaud isn't half as smart as he and Eorzea's nobility think, which is entirely in-line with what happens afterwards.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Alphinaud is an LF poster

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

sassassin posted:

That scene still works fine for the characters they are/become, Alisae's voice acting excepted. As time goes on the game pays less and less attention to how dodgy the Eorzean city states are.

Please actually play the rest of the game before you make blatantly wrong statements like this.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Dareon posted:

Alphinaud is an LF poster

IIRC Yoshi-P said that Alph canonically would have been a redditor.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

IIRC Yoshi-P said that Alph canonically would have been a redditor.

Poor guy, no one deserves getting killed like that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dr Pepper posted:

Please actually play the rest of the game before you make blatantly wrong statements like this.

Excited to finally get to kill Lolorito, then.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Finally hit level 90 on BLM in Endwalker. Paradox owns. The best skills are the ones where when you get them you don't have to rearrange your hotbar at all. Why yes I'll take an upgraded Fire 1 and Blizzard 1 that keeps blizzard 1 off my screen and just replaces Fire 1 in the rotation. Thanks game.

I was initially worried that it would only replace fire 1 in the AF rotation and I'd need to put blizz 1 back in for the UI rotation, but that is not the case at all and some time on the training dummy cured me of any bad thoughts

Only thing I'm sad about is I'm overleveled for the MSQ so I won't get to really use it for a while yet.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Any tips for a new samurai? this is a lot of buttons to figure out all at once :ohdear:

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Any tips for a new samurai? this is a lot of buttons to figure out all at once :ohdear:

If you've just unlocked the job, take everything off your bars, open up the skills menu, and read what they do and lay them out in a way that's comfy for your fingers to reach. Samurai is about doing 3 different combos to build up stickers, and the spend those stickers on cool moves, and at level 50 that's all you've got to worry about. You've got an awesome DOT for spending 1 sticker, so put that on every boss and keep it there. Use Meikyo Shisui (pink and green with the three stickers) at the start of a fight to get your buffs going and lay down your big moves. Along the way you'll get a bar to fill and spenders for the stuff on the bar. It's pretty straightforward once you've figured out where to stick your 1-2-3s and your 1-2!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

I just threw this together for a friend the other day, who was having the same problem.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

My own hotbar setup for SAM’s three combos has been:

1 Hakaze
2 Shifu
3 Jinpu

CTRL/SHIFT 1 Yukikaze
C/S 2 Kasha
C/S 3 Gekko

Your opener for bosses/single targets is to use Meikyo Shisui (the cooldown that lets you ignore combo requirements for 3 hits), then Kasha, Gekko, Yukikaze to build up your three Sen (and your combo completion self-buffs) right off the bat. After you use 3-Sen Iaijutsu, you then follow up with Hakaze, Yukikaze, and 1-Sen Iaijutsu to put a small damage over time effect on them.

After all of that, you just cycle through your three combo branches (in my example: 1 + CTRL 1; 1, 2, CTRL 2; and 1, 3, CTRL 3) until Meikyo comes off cooldown again.

It looks complicated (which isn’t helped by everything being in Japanese), but once you get into the groove, it should become intuitive.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

In addition to what they said, I literally could not play this loving job until I laid out three combo finishers so that those buttons on my hotbar corresponded to where the seal they produce is on the job bar. So just practice with some layouts until things become more comfortable.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Thanks , I just opened Palace of the Dead so i'll mess around in there to get some practice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

I just threw this together for a friend the other day, who was having the same problem.
Would there be interest in other images like this for other jobs at 50 (or 60)? All the guides I can find either assume you're max level looking to get slightly better DPS, or are several expansions old.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
I think if you can be bothered, that Samurai one was really helpful.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

girl dick energy posted:

Would there be interest in other images like this for other jobs at 50 (or 60)? All the guides I can find either assume you're max level looking to get slightly better DPS, or are several expansions old.

They're much longer than simple flowchart images, but the YouTube channel WeskAlber has guide videos for every job that walks through all of their skills from 1-90, stopping for opener explanations every 10 or so levels after around 30-50. They're usually quite long, but very good at explaining how a job works and what each button does, and includes timestamps + chapter breaks for every skill to make it very easy to reference what they do.

E: that being said, simple image guides would definitely be a godsend for quick and easy reference! Just figured I'd share that channel for the rest of the thread

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The Balance is also a good site for rotations while leveling and when maxed, though not many pictures.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

girl dick energy posted:

You swapped Oka and Kasha (flower enders) in that image.

Yes I'm the weeb who remembers all of the button names, I took SAM through P4S as a sub.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Idle thought, it's a shame you can only take so many quests at once, it might be kind of interesting to see what a collection of key items you can amass. Like, the number of quests that have you carrying rotting meat is rather significant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Roluth posted:

You swapped Oka and Kasha (flower enders) in that image.
I'll fix that!

I think if you can be bothered, that Samurai one was really helpful.
And I think I'll do some combination of SGE, RDM, and GNB next because I love those jobs and they have a lot of buttons. I don't know Reaper or Dancer well enough yet to be confident doing a guide for them.