Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

the mufasa movie is funny bc its just something they wouldve done direct to dvd 15 years ago but the Wish movie feels like it was crafted specifically to give me brain damage

goddamn it i just looked up what wish is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1568400604959227905

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

disney owns so much poo poo that they can just hope that something will occasionally be good on accident

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I think it was a big mistake when movies acknowledge media universes being a thing. Like the Chip n Dale movie and new Space Jam.

We're going to watch that Wish movie explain why everything exists lmao

Wrong. It was good ten years ago once so now it’s good forever.

If you think that’s dumb then you need to be re-educated

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Zokari posted:

disney owns so much poo poo that they can just hope that something will occasionally be good on accident

They'll accidentally make a good Star Wars and then try to ape that instead of just playing it out.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

can someone explain why that Wish movie is noteworthy, it just sounds like regular disney poo poo

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
They should put a lovely CGI Walt Disney face on the star.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

can someone explain why that Wish movie is noteworthy, it just sounds like regular disney poo poo

its a movie based on a concept expressed in a song from another movie that came out 80 years ago

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimBarrett/status/1567852793406410753

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It's like Apple finally make a physical product out of Think Different

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i dont think jiminy cricket invented wishing upon a star

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

of course not. he wished upon Star, the protagonist of 2023's Wish.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

also the wishing star is probably Venus.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

yes you have identified the public relations problem disney is trying to solve with this movie

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Farm Frenzy posted:

of course not. he wished upon Star, the protagonist of 2023's Wish.

And just to be clear, this isn’t Star the star. This is the origin story of the human Star that the song is based on.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

2026 'Remus' film quietly released to Disney+ sans promotion

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Great Mouse Detective the Squeakquel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Mantis42 posted:

Wonder if they will bother to use the 100+ million dollar budget to make sure the vocals don't peak during songs this time, or to even record them in the right key, or to give the characters more than one facial expressions, or to put any colors on screen.

What is it with cg movies about singing cats

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nonsense posted:

goddamn it i just looked up what wish is

It would be kind of funny if the Wish movie was just an animated brief history of time adaptation

Like ok, here's how stars are made. First, the big bang. Next,

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mastershakeman posted:

It would be kind of funny if the Wish movie was just an animated brief history of time adaptation

Like ok, here's how stars are made. First, the big bang. Next,

THE WHOLE UNIVERSE WAS IN A HOT DENSE STATE

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ghost Leviathan posted:

THE WHOLE UNIVERSE WAS IN A HOT DENSE STATE

Here's the two minute trailer for Disney's new movie

https://youtu.be/JmnYqKl1LzE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
photo realistic cgi rabbit but with uncanny valley lip-synch: "please don't throw me in the briar patch"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Why can't everyone just drive across the desert

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why can't everyone just drive across the desert

free expression is only at burning man not on the way to or from burning man

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Nonsense posted:

I can’t wait for Jasmines father prequel and how he started the caliphate

Next Summer get ready for 1001 Tales: Episode 1

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Accelerating climate change to burn men at burning man!

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
That's, "When you wish upon A. Star." His first name is actually Aloysius.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nonsense posted:

I can’t wait for Jasmines father prequel and how he started the caliphate

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

And just to be clear, this isn’t Star the star. This is the origin story of the human Star that the song is based on.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MonsieurChoc posted:

Great Mouse Detective the Squeakquel.

Song of the South RE-MIXXX

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

When will Disney stop?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1568690195972890626

Ruth Bat-Seraph was born near Jerusalem, Israel. She was raised on a special kibbutz run by the Israeli government after her power manifested. Ruth was the first superhuman agent to serve with the Mossad (the Israeli secret service). She became a police officer in addition to serving as a government agent. Her first public act as Sabra was a battle with the Hulk, whom she mistakenly believed was working with Arab terrorists operating in Israel.[2] Not long after that, Sabra was chosen as a pawn of Death in the latter's game against the Grandmaster. There, she met Iron Man and the Arabian Knight, and battled She-Hulk and Captain Britain.[3] She later appeared at the Hulk's amnesty ceremony in Washington, D.C.[4] Some years later, Sabra's young son was killed in a terrorist attack. She disobeyed orders in order to bring her son's killers to justice.

Lmfao

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Yeah, Israeli soldiers would probably love working for Death.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Hulk later went on to join Hezbollah as it turns out.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
And here I thought she would join Hummas.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

if your male gaze isn't just dripping with freudian meaning then it belongs in the trash

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The new she-hulk show is good.

I discovered Plex and it has a classic dr. Who channel. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

D-23 happened today and a bunchbof interesting marvel stuff was announced if you like those things.

Justified is pretty good if a bit ridiculous.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1568690195972890626

Ruth Bat-Seraph was born near Jerusalem, Israel. She was raised on a special kibbutz run by the Israeli government after her power manifested. Ruth was the first superhuman agent to serve with the Mossad (the Israeli secret service). She became a police officer in addition to serving as a government agent. Her first public act as Sabra was a battle with the Hulk, whom she mistakenly believed was working with Arab terrorists operating in Israel.[2] Not long after that, Sabra was chosen as a pawn of Death in the latter's game against the Grandmaster. There, she met Iron Man and the Arabian Knight, and battled She-Hulk and Captain Britain.[3] She later appeared at the Hulk's amnesty ceremony in Washington, D.C.[4] Some years later, Sabra's young son was killed in a terrorist attack. She disobeyed orders in order to bring her son's killers to justice.

Lmfao

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmfao

awesome... hell yeah