Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Pretty hilarious if true that DDC broke the never kiss a Tory rule. Anyway, the season four queens look fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Dakota talking about listening to Pokemon or Mario Kart soundtracks while she gets ready. :allears: I love her already.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shangela is competing on Dancing With the Stars.

https://twitter.com/officialdwts/status/1567854679547342849?t=BJCMA0Ev80Ya8TVDSi0I5Q&s=19

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I stole this from the PYF Tweets thread:
https://twitter.com/goulcher/status/1567880977283702788

I am absolutely losing it at everyone nodding and smiling, then the still photo of Selma Blair hovers there like she's in a "RIP 2022" montage at the Oscars.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 8, 2022

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I don't watch the show. Is Shangela the first drag queen to compete?

Also, interesting about Selma Blair. She has been open her mobility issues due to multiple sclerosis. I'm sure that will be interesting to watch. Fun fact about her, she grew up very rich, and went to Cranbrook in Bloomfield Hills, MI, the same elite private school that Mitt Romney went to when his dad was governor of Michigan. Us normies in the region would go on field trips to Cranbrook once a year as they had a museum and science lab.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Courtney Act was on Strictly Come Dancing, but Shangela's the first drag queen to compete in the American version.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
So I just watched the Canada finale

I was a little surprised by Gisele win, I wasn't super enthusiastic about any of the final 4, but I thought that they said that only two would be lip syncing for the crown, I figured that they were gearing up for a Fierce vs Kimmy final 2, or another last minute twist that would still keep all 4 in the competition. I liked Gisele though, so I'm happy for her. A little odd that they didn't really explain their reasoning for who they decided to make it as the final two.

Overall, season 3 was better than season 2, maybe not quite as good as season 1, but even though I feel some affinity towards Canada having grown up on the border, it's not as good as UK.

If I were to pick another international edition next, what should I go with? I'm all caught up on UK. I saw season 1 of Holland and Down Under. And other than a couple episodes of season 1 of Thailand and Espana, that's about it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Philippines have been getting good reviews from my friends

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I like espana especially the last two seasons. I've heard good things about phillipines and France as well.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Philippines is excellent so far.

Both seasons of Espana and Thailand are phenomenal.

I’m pretty cool on the other versions. France was okay, season 2 of Down Under is okay.

Italia was bad.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

canada crowned the correct queen. also icesis showed more personality in six minutes of screentime this episode than she did her whole season

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Nihonniboku posted:

Also, interesting about Selma Blair. She has been open her mobility issues due to multiple sclerosis. I'm sure that will be interesting to watch. Fun fact about her, she grew up very rich, and went to Cranbrook in Bloomfield Hills, MI, the same elite private school that Mitt Romney went to when his dad was governor of Michigan. Us normies in the region would go on field trips to Cranbrook once a year as they had a museum and science lab.

Hey, I went on field trips to Cranbrook and did their science summer camp. What's up fellow Michigander

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A God drat Ghost posted:

Hey, I went on field trips to Cranbrook and did their science summer camp. What's up fellow Michigander

Hey! Grew up there, moved out east for law school, been gone for more than a decade. I did just spend 9 days at the family lake house up near Traverse City. It was incredible, we have some bald eagles that nest on the property every year, so I got to spend the week watching them fish.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Extremely insane CDR Season 2 takes in this thread... mods??

I'm kind of ambivalent on S3 as a whole after loving the first two. I thought Jada won the episode and the lip sync but Gisele's track record got her the crown, I guess. Fierce and Kimmy ended up being my faves from this season and they have to be locks for All-Stars or vsTW.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Shneak posted:

Extremely insane CDR Season 2 takes in this thread... mods??

I'm kind of ambivalent on S3 as a whole after loving the first two. I thought Jada won the episode and the lip sync but Gisele's track record got her the crown, I guess. Fierce and Kimmy ended up being my faves from this season and they have to be locks for All-Stars or vsTW.

Agreed?! I've heard multiple people say CDR 2 was bad/boring and it's so weird to me. I enjoyed it a lot. In fairness, 90% of that was the Ghost lipsync and Priyanka's finale look but still...it was a fun season! CDR 3 was kinda meh to me. And it had a local girl that I love, but I bounced off it hard midway through when it was obvious certain girls were being railroaded to the top no matter what.

This season was...fine, I guess? I thought Vivian did better than she got rewarded for, but she's my local queen sooooo... Kimmy getting to the end is shocking; felt definitely like she got a lot of free passes. Obviously I am biased. Gisele winning was no surprise but not undeserved so I'm not mad about like I am UK season 3!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Canada's Drag Race has a perfect track record in giving the win to the correct queen so far

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

If I were to pick another international edition next, what should I go with? I'm all caught up on UK. I saw season 1 of Holland and Down Under. And other than a couple episodes of season 1 of Thailand and Espana, that's about it.

Thailand S2 seemed better than S1 to me so give it another shot even if S1 didn't pull you in, imo. As others have said, Philippines has been getting rave reviews so far. Per your list, did you not watch Canada S1? That one was good!!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It was weird that they cut two of the top 4 seemingly arbitrarily, but at least the correct queen won

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Thailand S2 seemed better than S1 to me so give it another shot even if S1 didn't pull you in, imo. As others have said, Philippines has been getting rave reviews so far. Per your list, did you not watch Canada S1? That one was good!!

Thailand, I tried watching it before Wow Plus and I was stuck watching bad fan subbed versions, and gave up after a couple of episodes. And I definitely watched season 1 of Canada. Loved Priyanka and Jimbo.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Nihonniboku posted:

Thailand, I tried watching it before Wow Plus and I was stuck watching bad fan subbed versions, and gave up after a couple of episodes. And I definitely watched season 1 of Canada. Loved Priyanka and Jimbo.

Search KudaLaKorn. It's got the good subbed version that I think everyone here used when the first two seasons of DRT dropped. Really good background info on certain Thai sayings, TV shows, and a whole more.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Sure, Jinkx is the Queen of all Queens. Bianca sells out theatres around the world. Trixie is a killer business lady...

https://twitter.com/KermitTheFrog/status/1568796878988517378

Nina West wins.

e: :swoon:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7141980776232619310

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 11, 2022

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Sure, Jinkx is the Queen of all Queens. Bianca sells out theatres around the world. Trixie is a killer business lady...

https://twitter.com/KermitTheFrog/status/1568796878988517378

Nina West wins.

e: :swoon:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7141980776232619310

I had been hearing about Nina West for years before she was on the show because I randomly befriend a group of gay guys from Columbus. Apparently she used to use the drunken voicemail from one of my friends in her act.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
This was posted in the Trump LOL tread in GBS by Bertha the Toaster

Tom Holland (Spider-Man) is obviously not a drag queen and didn't tuck but with this performance I think he would make a great judge if they could afford him:

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Yeah, he started as a dancer, that's why this was so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPCJIB1f7jk

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

:siren::spooky::siren: DRAGULA RETURNS OCT 25 :siren::spooky::siren:

But, it's not a regular season. Behold, DRAGULA: TITANS:

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-boulet-brothers-dragula-spinoff-shudder-premiere-date-1235115223/

Monsters return to compete. I checked out a rumored cast list and TEAM KOKO CAINE.

Not sure when S5 will air, but I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

sicko face

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

:siren::spooky::siren: DRAGULA RETURNS OCT 25 :siren::spooky::siren:

But, it's not a regular season. Behold, DRAGULA: TITANS:

https://deadline.com/2022/09/the-boulet-brothers-dragula-spinoff-shudder-premiere-date-1235115223/

Monsters return to compete. I checked out a rumored cast list and TEAM KOKO CAINE.

Not sure when S5 will air, but I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS.

gently caress yes! I am praying to all demons that Erika Klash will be in it!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Is it still on shudder this year?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Is it still on shudder this year?

It is, it should be on Shudder at least through S5 (and I expect longer).

Meanwhile, speaking of streaming services...

Ginger and Monet are hosting a Halloween special on Hulu, coming out Oct 1, alongside other drag/queer talent. (They're introduced in video, want to let you discover for yourself.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHApUSMIV_w

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It's been a couple of months, Canada and Down Under have happened, other countries are still going, but we're still looking for something to hold us over until Dragula: Titans fill our Thursdays until TaskMaster starts again.

TIME FOR DRAG RACE UK 4!!!

LET'S MEET... OUR QUEENS!

Baby - 25 - South London

Black Peppa - 29 - Birmingham

Cheddar Gorgeous - 38 - Manchester

Copper Topp - 38 - Cheltenham

Dakota Schiffer - 22 - Sussex

Danny Beard - 29 - Liverpool

Jonbers Blonde - 33 - Belfast

Just May - 32 - Essex

Le Fil - 36 - Yorkshire

Pixie Polite - 29 - Brighton

Sminty Drop - 23 - Lancashire

Starlet - 23 - Surrey

I'm just here for when Joanna Lumley judges. :allears:

:siren::spooky: Remember, episodes release around 3 pm Eastern on Thursdays so discussion is fair game after that. There's also that week when the UK falls back an hour a week before North America, be cautious. :spooky::siren:

Here's hoping for a better UK season!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I tried watching the first 2 episodes of Down Under season 2, but it was really rough. It seems like in order to give a cash prize this season, they cut down on the production budget. Is it worth continuing at all, does it get better?

I'll probably watch UK season 4, even though Krystal is maybe the least deserving winner in all of drag race history. Saw a clip this week of Philippines, so I might finally follow everyone's suggestion that I watch it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Its hard to defend down under s2 just due to production values but tbh you should watch ebery lip synch beverly kills and kween kong are in because theyre incredible and also the one minnie cooper does in heelies. An apalling season with some of the best lip synchs ive seen in any franchise

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I hated watching minnie cooper for almost every minent she was on screen but the facial expression of this old queen getting around the stage on her little heelies is permanentpy burned into my brain in a good way

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Maybe I'll just fast forward through the episodes and watch the lip syncs then. And maybe watch snatch game.

Edit: This tweet is funny

https://twitter.com/Spilling_The_T/status/1572700241467682816?t=TtBKb00gv6kcsJaUFDQP4A&s=03

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 22, 2022

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1573219615630581760

What in the world! :smith:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What the gently caress :(

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Really strong seeming group after one episode of RPDRUK4

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm shocked. I read the article and it doesn't say what he died from. I'm hoping, whatever it was, it was quick and as painless as possible for such a beautiful soul.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1574446241064402945

:dance:

My top three is Erika, Hoso, and Koco, and I will NOT be taking questions. :colbert:

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Sep 26, 2022

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Cast Reveal for Dragula: Titans

STACKED cast. These uglies are glowed up. Most excited for Yovska, Koco, and Hoso, though I expect greatness from every one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Why yes, I'll post this again...

https://twitter.com/IMHOtheShow/status/1574458462305751051?t=FS6eK64SPnq-ZBYOOX6sxg&s=19