Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Annabel Pee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hw5z44OqD8

Josh Weinstein advertising a restaurant to local internet fat man is the lowest point of the Simpsons.

Rate My Takeaway guy is a national treasure, how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Nucleic Acids posted:

I still think Ned’s “okay” is one of best line reads in the history of the show.

Lol his face is wonderfully slightly off model, plus I love Homer’s little grunt as he flies back inside

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

eleven extra elephants posted:

Rate My Takeaway guy is a national treasure, how dare you

All I can see is Homer and Jay Sherman

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Lol his face is wonderfully slightly off model, plus I love Homer’s little grunt as he flies back inside

Flanders has never been more relatable than that moment, I swear.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Annabel Pee posted:

Josh Weinstein advertising a restaurant to local internet fat man is the lowest point of the Simpsons.

Bill and Josh seem to spend their days eating hamburgers on social media. :patriot:

Al Jean has been making bad Simpsons for 22 years.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The charm of real animation versus the lovely computerized stuff is all those weird little inaccuracies in the early seasons

Like in season 3 everyone had giant pupils for some reason but it was still lovingly drawn and crafted and genuine

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

spaceblancmange posted:

Bill and Josh seem to spend their days eating hamburgers on social media. :patriot:

Al Jean has been making bad Simpsons for 22 years.

Mid 50s former Simpsons writers being obsessed with fast food is pretty much the best case scenario. That’s the kind of guy that could easily end up whining about entitlement and political correctness all day.

Good for them.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Annabel Pee posted:

rate my takeaway owns
losing my mind at how bad this post is

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

mactheknife posted:

rate my takeaway owns
losing my mind at how bad this post is

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching them but he seems to think singing any thought that comes to his head is a substitute for making an actual joke. But sure ill take it over modern simpsons lol

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Annabel Pee posted:

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching them but he seems to think singing any thought that comes to his head is a substitute for making an actual joke. But sure ill take it over modern simpsons lol

bosh

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
couch gag of homer putting cracker knacker away

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Annabel Pee posted:

couch gag of homer putting cracker knacker away

homer sits on the couch and is relieved it doesn't break for a full season, season premier next year it finally gives in

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Last episode should play the full intro with all the character layers turned off. Just rushing through empty Springfield.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Das Boo posted:

Last episode should play the full intro with all the character layers turned off. Just rushing through empty Springfield.

Springfield minus Springfield

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Now you've actually got me pretty curious about how it would feel if you removed everything except the backgrounds and maybe music. Same shot timing and camera movements and whatnot, but no characters or voice acting or sound effects

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Data Graham posted:

I was just remembering this today and thinking it might be the funniest Simpsons moment I ever experienced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXenlBxD7_k

Just eyes streaming laughter

The little noise homer makes when rebounding kills me.

I think the way the Simpson’s predict things is by assuming the worst. Like when they showed a movie poster for a Very Matrix Christmas sequel.

What we got was far worse :(

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
luv 2 cook in my Name Hat

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

What's up with creepypasta bart

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

No Dignity posted:

What's up with creepypasta bart

They did Coraline on a Treehouse of Horror

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Wait is it only streaming on disney plus? Crazy if it's not airing on Fox

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Riptor posted:

Wait is it only streaming on disney plus? Crazy if it's not airing on Fox

Nah that’s the most recent season that aired on Fox. Season 34 has already been ordered.

If the show ever gets cancelled it will probably just become a series of shorts of Disney Plus, mostly Maggie episodes because there is no way Disney will shell out full production and voice acting money for a streaming only show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Homer's hand position sure is awkward there.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
I’m just waiting for either Dan Castalanetta or Julie Kavner to kick the bucket, they’ll have to end it at that point. Probably with a final episode jerry rigged together using voice clips from previous episodes, Chef in South Park style

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

Homer's hand position sure is awkward there.

His hand and wrist got extremely dislocated and extended stretch armstrong style (yes, they got the original voice actor play himself).

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Lurker Ant posted:

I’m just waiting for either Dan Castalanetta or Julie Kavner to kick the bucket, they’ll have to end it at that point. Probably with a final episode jerry rigged together using voice clips from previous episodes, Chef in South Park style

They 100% have some vocal AIs ready to go, and if they don't, they have more than enough material to train them.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

First of May posted:

They 100% have some vocal AIs ready to go, and if they don't, they have more than enough material to train them.

That's essentially what I'm suggesting, Disney did the same thing with Walt's Mickey Mouse voice in the most recent theatrical short so they clearly have experience with resurrecting dead peoples' vocal chords.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

First of May posted:

The extra twist, they use Marge's extra strained voice from the recent seasons.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Lurker Ant posted:

That's essentially what I'm suggesting, Disney did the same thing with Walt's Mickey Mouse voice in the most recent theatrical short so they clearly have experience with resurrecting dead peoples' vocal chords.

What is this? One of those seasonal shorts on Disney +

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

First of May posted:

https://youtu.be/Fdsomv-dYAc

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Just wanted to thank this thread for inspiring me to finally give the series a watch. I'd only seen two full episodes courtesy of my brother before but never sought it on my own. I'm in the middle of s3 now; 1 and 2 were great but people arent joking when they say it gets a lot better. . Homer catapulting the rabbit and him excitedly pointing out "street crime!" to his kids were my favorite gags so far.

So I have a really vague memory of being a kid and coming across my brother watching one night. Homer fell down a gorge, ended up near a drainage pipe of some kind and finding this grisly looking skull with worms crawling around, and he let out this really disturbing scream. Was this actually in an episode?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

FireWorksWell posted:

Just wanted to thank this thread for inspiring me to finally give the series a watch. I'd only seen two full episodes courtesy of my brother before but never sought it on my own. I'm in the middle of s3 now; 1 and 2 were great but people arent joking when they say it gets a lot better. . Homer catapulting the rabbit and him excitedly pointing out "street crime!" to his kids were my favorite gags so far.

So I have a really vague memory of being a kid and coming across my brother watching one night. Homer fell down a gorge, ended up near a drainage pipe of some kind and finding this grisly looking skull with worms crawling around, and he let out this really disturbing scream. Was this actually in an episode?

Yup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blunder_Years

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Huh, in my head he was an adult and it was just a head; either way thanks for helping me out!

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

IUG posted:

What is this? One of those seasonal shorts on Disney +

It’s Get a Horse, the cartoon they made to show in theaters with Frozen back in 2013. I’m pretty sure they have a new (human) VA for Mickey these days

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Lurker Ant posted:

God remember what they did with Carrie Fisher in Star Wars 9?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Beartaco posted:

God remember what they did with Carrie Fisher in Star Wars 9?

I'm still not sure I didn't hallucinate that they recreated her in CGI for the whole movie, then made "having her die and come back to life and then die again" be an actual god drat plot point

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
People accuse Disney of a lot but in many cases they don't go far enough. Episode 9 was a mess for many reasons but a big one is that Carrie Fischer died. If Disney had simply killed both her character and the actress in Episode 8, Episode 9 would have at least had a chance to be cogent. Coca-Cola is famous for doing things like that in South America but Disney can't manage those moved in Hollywood? Unbelievable!

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Data Graham posted:

I'm still not sure I didn't hallucinate that they recreated her in CGI for the whole movie, then made "having her die and come back to life and then die again" be an actual god drat plot point

A CGI Leia stares wistfully into the distance, the characters around her: "She must be in deep thought about Rey's role in the upcoming battle of Yangdin IV with the imperial fleet!". Leia turns and ADRs to the camera "Yes, that's correct".

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

2nd Amendment posted:

People accuse Disney of a lot but in many cases they don't go far enough. Episode 9 was a mess for many reasons but a big one is that Carrie Fischer died. If Disney had simply killed both her character and the actress in Episode 8, Episode 9 would have at least had a chance to be cogent. Coca-Cola is famous for doing things like that in South America but Disney can't manage those moved in Hollywood? Unbelievable!

The biggest sin Ep8 committed was not having Leia die when she got sucked out of that ship. I guess maybe they intended her to survive the trilogy so they wouldn’t have to kill off all three of the OT mains, but I’m pretty sure Carrie Fischer died before 8 was released so they could have reshot it.

And Ep9 never had a chance to be good, all three of those movies (but especially 9) have the stink of bending over backwards to pander to OT fanboys all over them and it absolutely hurt the story they were trying to tell. Rey, Poe and Finn deserved better than playing second fiddle to a bunch of aging actors making their curtain calls and now I’ll never get the Finn solo movie I wanted and NO I’M NOT MAD SHUT UP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Disney never actually has been any good at live-action at all.