Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

goblin week posted:

Yes! Yes, I do know, and I am aware of what they do, but it won't be the "ukrainian nazis" that will come to this country next after the invasion. Jesus christ. Not everyone is in the comfy situation where the war is a matter of Posting Without Sin where you absolutely have to hand it to both sides or you will risk becoming one of Them With Bad Takes. This year has absolutely shown me that for most goons and americans my region of the world is just set dressing to partition between the empires who deserve to take what they want.

That's just realpolitik

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
So you don’t know it would seem

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Biplane posted:

That's just realpolitik

Yeah.

I don’t know, man, it just kinda sucks to live in an NPC state, even without the bizarre whataboutism.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Party Ape posted:

The right have never understood the difference between punching down and punching up.

Gork is da brutally cunningly god of punching down, and Mork is da cunningly brutal god of punching up.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
inside all of us there are 2 orks.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

goblin week posted:

Yes! Yes, I do know, and I am aware of what they do, but it won't be the "ukrainian nazis" that will come to this country next after the invasion. Jesus christ. Not everyone is in the comfy situation where the war is a matter of Posting Without Sin where you absolutely have to hand it to both sides or you will risk becoming one of Them With Bad Takes. This year has absolutely shown me that for most goons and americans my region of the world is just set dressing to partition between the empires who deserve to take what they want.

If there's one thing I know about Nazis, it's that they never start a land war in Europe.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Now I'm not defending Russia, but what about the maybe 2000 and falling Nazis in a country with a population of about 41 million? Did you think of them? Huh? Cause I'm thinking of them all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with Russian propaganda.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Which part of stop do you all not understand?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good to see a getfiscal style bait tweet can still ignite a fire

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

some plague rats posted:

Why not? That answer lines up with what he's been saying for years at this point, the amount of self-proclaimed leftists saying bloodthirsty poo poo about Ukraine absolutely bears his point out

As someone who's been called both an idiot lib sucking the teat of USA propaganda and a bloodthirsty russophile who hates Ukraine, the amount of morons with no personal stake or sacrifice posting take after take is the idiots on social media. Worst year of my life in cost, worse than covid, worse than high school, no bank account, gently caress all the twitter takes when I helped and I lost people, actual people who mattered to me, because they are now dead.

Sorry mods I'll take what I must.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
My opinion is the one that matters but you'll never get to hear it

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Wow, and on the anniversary of 9/11? Real respectful, goons

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Wow, and on the anniversary of 9/11? Real respectful, goons

Oh dang, was that today? Knew there was something I forgot

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean hobbies themselves are junk food for the brains, unless your one of those weirdos that turns everything you do into a side hustle

Just highlighting this weird-rear end take. Any activity is "junk food" if it doesn't make money.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Just highlighting this weird-rear end take. Any activity is "junk food" if it doesn't make money.

For some people, their only hobby is jerking off. And for the low, low price of $20/month I can teach you how to turn jerking off into a profitable side business. No more complaints from the nagging boss or nosy wife, you’ll soon be able to tell them, “honey, I’m on the c(l)ock!”

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

wait does that mean eating health food makes money? have i been eating wrong?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hustle culture is just capitalist brain worms infecting things and tricking people abused by the system that they should be doing a money output constantly.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Killingyouguy! posted:

wait does that mean eating health food makes money? have i been eating wrong?

Encouraging others to eat health food makes you money

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Doing things that make you happy is basically the same as being a druggie since you’re only doing it because your brain gives you the Good Chemicals

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Kit Walker posted:

For some people, their only hobby is jerking off. And for the low, low price of $20/month I can teach you how to turn jerking off into a profitable side business. No more complaints from the nagging boss or nosy wife, you’ll soon be able to tell them, “honey, I’m on the c(l)ock!”

Isn't that just "make an OnlyFans"?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PhazonLink posted:

hustle culture is just capitalist brain worms infecting things and tricking people abused by the system that they should be doing a money output constantly.

Also that they can't justify a hobby unless it makes money, because that's time they could be spending on another job to pay bills.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Nature, can I get pattern-seeking brain? To see slights against my country in everything?

https://twitter.com/Out5p0ken/status/1555544407683874816

I was expecting this person to get dogpiled in the replies but no, just more deranged posts about there being no coincidences or whatever.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Blue Footed Booby posted:

sounds like that post from charles was arguing against the "you shouldn't watch legolas cast spells at orcs because lotr is junk food" take

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Parallel lines are 9/11 now apparently.

It's even in the name! 9/11

E: wow genuinely reading the replies is like loving, liberal qanon lol.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
9/11 standing vanguard with an AR-15 in the war on the holidays

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I mean the Saudis also basically threatened to do 9/11 to Canada on twitter a few years ago

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Who's gonna buy 9-11 its first drink

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

9/11 can buy its own loving drinks, the gently caress it ever do for me?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Whose wife do you think you've been banging this whole time?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

E: wow genuinely reading the replies is like loving, liberal qanon lol.
It's encouraged. Good for business for every faction to be painted as "essentially the same" in behavior so it's conflated with similarity in ineffectual policy.

That one is particularly loving stupid though.

Heath posted:

Good to see a getfiscal style bait tweet can still ignite a fire
Yeah this poo poo was :lol: as gently caress to walk into.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

sounds like that post from charles was arguing against the "you shouldn't watch legolas cast spells at orcs because lotr is junk food" take

He's saying hobbies are junk food UNLESS you're one of those weirdos who tries to turn every activity into cash flow. So he thinks that mentality is weird, and also that hobbies that don't produce income are junk food.

At this point I'm pretty sure I've thought about his post harder than he did; I'm just giving him a hard time recreationally, on this, the actual junk food of the mind: the internet.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Uber has a bunch of commercials running in Australia which basically take the tack of "your spare time after work sitting on the couch is boring/lovely and spending time around your roommates/neighbours is boring and lovely because they're all dorks/too loud, so why not drive for Uber in your """spare time""" which is like sitting down on a couch only your couch has wheels and you get paid fat stacks (of depreciation conversion from your vehicle)", and it vexes the poo poo out of me that this stupid online hustle culture thing is being used as a mainstream recruitment drive for this lovely company.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8An2SxNFvmU

A wise man.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Breetai posted:

Uber has a bunch of commercials running in Australia which basically take the tack of "your spare time after work sitting on the couch is boring/lovely and spending time around your roommates/neighbours is boring and lovely because they're all dorks/too loud, so why not drive for Uber in your """spare time""" which is like sitting down on a couch only your couch has wheels and you get paid fat stacks (of depreciation conversion from your vehicle)", and it vexes the poo poo out of me that this stupid online hustle culture thing is being used as a mainstream recruitment drive for this lovely company.

Lol get a load of this quiet quitter

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I didn't think anybody thought of uber as a side hustle since like, 2012

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

All second jobs are side hustles now. You have 6 part time jobs? Those are all side hustles and it's good you have to do that!

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Len posted:

All second jobs are side hustles now. You have 6 part time jobs? Those are all side hustles and it's good you have to do that!

I've been doing some work on an fun AI project in my spare time and last night, I finally came to the realisation that's actually its perfectly ok to just do it as a fun thing rather than trying to figure out a way to monetize it.

This might be obvious to most people but it changed my life (slightly).

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Angry Salami posted:

Gork is da brutally cunningly god of punching down, and Mork is da cunningly brutal god of punching up.

I really enjoyed this.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I know a lot of lonely people who used to have connections but lost them in various ways and love gig driving because it let's them connect with all sorts of new people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

2nd Amendment posted:

I know a lot of lonely people who used to have connections but lost them in various ways and love gig driving because it let's them connect with all sorts of new people.
I didn't realize SA was important enough to get weird corporate bot accounts.

I'm sure you do know people like that, and didn't ask what sorts of sick factors encouraged lost connections. It's almost like they'd be people better served by common pedestrian square areas they could chill in instead of living in overtly atomized suburbs where any sort-of gathering mandates car travel over distances that used to take days.