Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

21,3 percent projected to vote for nazis. :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

ulvir posted:

I know a person with middle eastern parents who voted SD. It isn’t that surprising people are choosing them.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Oh my Uffe can get fked.

He's gotta be the biggest meme party leader since Bo Lundgren.

Brown is the new blue.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 11, 2022

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

I know a person with middle eastern parents who voted SD. It isn’t that surprising people are choosing them.

SD have more immigrant voters than MP.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Cardiac posted:

SD have more immigrant voters than MP.

Sd is a larger party.

Not to mention when you count finns and other europeans that turn out to be true.

Immigrant voters overwhelmingly vote S and V

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
If this election sees Ulf pouty pout-face repeat itself it’ll be sweet, but Svantesson probably being kicked out with him will be almost as satisfying. Let’s just hold tonight.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
SD has never had actual hard legislative power, never been part of a government, so there's no history to take into account there. I've long suspected that if/when they DO end up with the steering wheel in Riksdagen, a not-insignificant amount of voters will go "oh gently caress *that* I'm out".

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Hoppas bra :f5:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Sd is a larger party.

Not to mention when you count finns and other europeans that turn out to be true.

Immigrant voters overwhelmingly vote S and V

You mean the immigrants you define as immigrants.

But hey, good luck making a coalition work with MP, C and V.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

ulvir posted:

I'm curious what the reverse graph for SD looks like

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

SD has never had actual hard legislative power, never been part of a government, so there's no history to take into account there. I've long suspected that if/when they DO end up with the steering wheel in Riksdagen, a not-insignificant amount of voters will go "oh gently caress *that* I'm out".

It would be a lot like Perussuomalaiset/TF in Finland, they will have to moderate their stances for cooperation with coalition parties which would then drive a wedge between the party's fringes. In the case of TF, they elected a far right leader in the middle of their first and only term in government, so the moderate populists holding the ministerial positions formed their own party. Which never picked popularity and the SSS/SOS (Sipilä, Soini, Stubb/Sipilä/Orpo/Soini) government lost to social democrats in the next election.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Rappaport posted:

I wanna meet the one percent of 2018 M voters who swung to V.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I will say, I'm surprised it's this even. I was convinced the constant bombardment of crime news would indoctrinate the general population into a clearer "sluta sosserierna" frame of mind.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Or look to Denmark where DF were de facto in power for a while and just recently died violently, with a lot of other parties trying to go for the racist vote (interestingly without the socdem welfare lip service) in more or less extreme versions. Protest parties are doomed to fail if they actually give themselves in a position where they can affect policy.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My electricity bill loving doubled again last month.
The electricity bill is now almost 25% of what my rent is.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cardiac posted:

Oh well.
At least I can spend the next four years saying “I told you so”.

You've also been saying way too many Scandinavians love nazis and nazi accessories? :respek:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rappaport posted:

To answer my own question,

I guess none of this is very surprising, if we're going with the True Finn analogy.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

At what is the counting done?

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

Wednesday. I think that's when they'll have counted the utlandsröster, and given the margins that's likely what it's going to take before we know.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It seems pretty clear that we won't get a definitive outcome tonight - or for the next few days and weeks even - while the parties try to wrangle a government out of this

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Be still my beating heart:

Magiska kvarten är här – L under spärren
Den magiska kvarten är nu här, enligt SVT.

Det är tidpunkten då tillräckligt många distrikt räknats för att man ska kunna förutspå ett valresultat. Hittills har nästan 500 valdistrikt räknats.

Socialdemokraterna 30,1 procent

Sverigedemokraterna 22,3 procent

Moderaterna 16,3 procent

Vänsterpartiet 7,9 procent

Centerpartiet 7,1 procent

Kristdemokraterna 5,5 procent

Miljöpartiet 4,9 procent

Liberalerna 3,7 procent

Kvarten beräknas vara klar när 1 100 distrikt räknats.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

Cardiac posted:

You mean the immigrants you define as immigrants.

But hey, good luck making a coalition work with MP, C and V.

Class is a big factor when comparing non european immigrants to the overall immigrant population.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lilljonas posted:

Be still my beating heart:

Magiska kvarten är här – L under spärren
Den magiska kvarten är nu här, enligt SVT.

Det är tidpunkten då tillräckligt många distrikt räknats för att man ska kunna förutspå ett valresultat. Hittills har nästan 500 valdistrikt räknats.

Socialdemokraterna 30,1 procent

Sverigedemokraterna 22,3 procent

Moderaterna 16,3 procent

Vänsterpartiet 7,9 procent

Centerpartiet 7,1 procent

Kristdemokraterna 5,5 procent

Miljöpartiet 4,9 procent

Liberalerna 3,7 procent

Kvarten beräknas vara klar när 1 100 distrikt räknats.

i'd guess that L are more popular in the later-reporting urban polling valdistrikt (if norwegian trends hold!). though you'd also expect them to do reasonably well among early voters, which are counted first of all. i don't know the trends well enough to say for sure, but it's reasonably common for e.g. SV in norway to gain some ground as election night proceeds

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Yeah booth polling shows that L will probably squeeze by, but it was a nice moment in time there. They’re back at 4.3 now

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
L will do better in high income urban districts like Östermalm, but S and V are making inroads in places like that too. Reinfelds old base in Stockholm have basically gone to S.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ah poo poo right block takes the lead.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Yeah I was planning to go to bed but now there’s no way I can sleep.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Man I'm sorry, I went to an election night party, and the last time I did that it was in the US for the 2016 election. I jinxed it.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1569055577938006016?s=20&t=hsGGqEH_K9K8QwB_5zj1PA

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
This is fun. I wish we could think of something on the left other than calling SD nazis.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
I’m not following this. Is övriga sinking V and S in various areas?

And did TV4 say that Nyans is an Islamist party?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Dirk Pitt posted:

I’m not following this. Is övriga sinking V and S in various areas?

And did TV4 say that Nyans is an Islamist party?

I think they said that Nyans has taken votes from the left and that pollers have been bad at seeing this. Previously I think they said something like that they have “some stances similar to islamism” or something like that, dogwhistely

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Seagull Fiasco posted:

Wednesday. I think that's when they'll have counted the utlandsröster, and given the margins that's likely what it's going to take before we know.

Those trend rightwards according to svt - is that a certainty?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

jeebus bob posted:

Those trend rightwards according to svt - is that a certainty?

Previous years they have been. A lot of utlandsröster are conservative boomers living in Spain etc

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

At this point I have hopes that Sthlm boots that loving corrupt POS Svenonius and her lobbyist friends other than that wellp, it wasn't a walkover at least.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:rip::sweden:

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

BigglesSWE posted:

At this point I have hopes that Sthlm boots that loving corrupt POS Svenonius and her lobbyist friends other than that wellp, it wasn't a walkover at least.

Don't you want your tax money to go directly to Boston Consulting Group?

Wonder how long after getting booted she is hired by one of the companies she has been funneling our money into.

Filippa Reinfeldt waited 2 months.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sistergodiva posted:

Don't you want your tax money to go directly to Boston Consulting Group?

Wonder how long after getting booted she is hired by one of the companies she has been funneling our money into.

Filippa Reinfeldt waited 2 months.

She'll get a cushy job somewhere before next weekend.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

BigglesSWE posted:

She'll get a cushy job somewhere before next weekend.

I don't condone threats against politicians but this was pretty funny

https://antifa.se/2020/05/01/avga-irene-svenonius/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
So an L+KD+M government completely beholden to the demands of SD

- unless one or two people from the first three parties votes against it, which would take immense courage and principles (lol)

Good loving luck swegoons, I still have nightmares about 10 damned years of VKO