Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBocUILpCSc

Basically the same ride with a retheme, but also including Eudora’s Chic Boutique featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets where you can buy stuff like sauces and spice mixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

CapnAndy posted:

Is the weather stupid hot in Florida too? I’m gonna be there in eight frigging days and I really thought the tail end of September would be in the pleasant low 80s.

Central Florida is mid 90s with ultra high humidity through mid October

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Anyone here going to D23?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone here going to D23?

No but they did just announce a 3rd attraction for Avengers Campus.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I just need someone to pick up a merch item for a gift for me ☹️

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 9, 2022

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jose Oquendo posted:

Morbius’ ride

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Morbius’ ride

Morbius? Wasn’t that a Sony movie, not an MCU picture? And in particular, wasn’t it the one that did so incredibly poorly they pulled it early from theaters?

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Jose Oquendo posted:

In that big weird empty building in the middle of campus?

gamer roomie is 41
May 3, 2020

:)
Yes it did poorly but the people still want more Morbius themed attractions. Morbius pier, Morbius mountain, Morbius country, and Morbius Lair on Tom Sawyer’s island are always slammed.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Grundulum posted:

Morbius? Wasn’t that a Sony movie, not an MCU picture? And in particular, wasn’t it the one that did so incredibly poorly they pulled it early from theaters?

Not only did it bomb in theaters but then it became a huge meme for how bad it was and they put it back in theaters to cash in and it bombed a second time

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah, it wasn't fun-bad like Cats, it was just unwatchable garbage not even worthy of riffing on.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The most recent chapter of this saga is Morb finally showing up on Netflix and immediately hitting #1 movie.

I want to believe all this combined with the gentleminion thing caused at least one mental break in a studio executive.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The gentleminion thing is so well designed to prevent people seeing the movie that you could see Disney paying to start it.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I’m confused. Gentleminion is shorthand for “go to the movie dressed up fancy, and engage with the movie as if it was Rocky Horror Picture Show and not a Minions sequel”? Why is that driving people away from the theaters?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Not quite. Even if it was that it'd be annoying at a new release, but mostly it's just teenagers being loud. It's resulted in cinemas banning it in the UK because they had to give out too many refunds.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

My ride or dies abandoned me to ride Guardians alone. None of them do well with spinning so they bailed. Wish me luck.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

The dude who runs the parks poo poo is about to start a D23 presentation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3uJtM37vBI

edit: lmao they're bringing back Happily Ever After next year.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 11, 2022

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Owns

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Enough with the fuckin star wars

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Of course the new Galaxy's Edge walk around characters debut right after I'm there.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Enough of the fuckin Marvel

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

That walk around Hulk character is awful but I guess that's the only way to do it unless you want to hire roided out body builders.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Jose Oquendo posted:

That walk around Hulk character is awful but I guess that's the only way to do it unless you want to hire roided out body builders.

Universal does it with Transformers and they're 1000000x better than what that was

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/air_magique/status/1569022421210103808?s=21&t=ArH5VPdVdgJwcdv5ODDkIw

Lmaoooooo

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

They're going to re-theme the Pacific Wharf at DCA into a Big Hero 6 area?

Pixar Place Hotel is old news IIRC.

Love the queue and show building for Runaway Railway

The nighttime renders for Tiana's Bayou Adventure look great. I think they're at least trying to make this re-theming something cool. I know this is old man screaming at clouds stuff, but I am still very curious if it's all going to be projections and screens and no animatronics.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 11, 2022

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

worms butthole guy posted:

Enough with the fuckin star wars

Enough of the fuckin Marvel

"Give them the same thing till they're sick of it" is the thesis of the US entertainment industry.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Lou Ferrigno is still around!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Splash mountain is one of the few rides that looks better during the day than at night so I am thrilled for the update and the new lighting package. It looks amazing

Also, unless he’s gonna come back to Disneyland, it looks like no People Mover. I suppose it could be a mic drop at the end

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Thank God they didn't kill figment

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I thought they were going to announce a refurb for imagination and got all excited. Nope, character meet.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Funzo posted:

I thought they were going to announce a refurb for imagination and got all excited. Nope, character meet.

It's still possible but I figure if it was in the works, they'd have announced it today. They gotta do something with it. It's by far the worst ride at Epcot.

Tron: Spring 2023.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

This is an awful presentation

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Tim Whatley posted:

This is an awful presentation

Yeah considering Universal is going to open a entire new park soon this is just sad.

5 years for Tron. Cruises that no one cares about. Great job Disney

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, replacing both Enchantment AND Harmonious this soon? I'm honestly shocked that they listened to the fans.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Wow, replacing both Enchantment AND Harmonious this soon? I'm honestly shocked that they listened to the fans.

At the start of the show he literally said 'sometimes we don't get everything right' and then announced the return of Happily Ever After.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I’m cool with the San Fransokyo change. Hopefully they can pull off the fish balloon fan things.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

wow Dinoland getting some love soon.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I think they're going to turn it into frozen land

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I think they're going to turn it into frozen land

Zootopia.

edit: I had no idea it was that popular of an IP.

edit: Double edit: I guess it's gonna be a grab bag for Disney IP? Okay.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh rip dinosaur I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Nice time to remove everything original for IPs.