Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Okay good good just been off work for the week, been literally at home since Tuesday, period comes today, back to work on Monday. Cheers. Thanks. Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Thursday - sad
Friday - horny
Saturday - ANGRY

Ovulated on Friday. PMS and ovulation now lining up I guess.

Same
I got all sad about something really trivial, and was all, "hmm, what's going on?" then period started exactly on schedule and I was all OHHH. I do love when the biological realists claim our hormones make it clear how relations between men and women ought to be, when female hormone fluctuations make us, at our most fertile,
a. angry
b. spotty
c. bloated
d. loving furious
e. hungry and annoyed
f. gently caress off I'm done with all y'all
g. bread is pretty nice, gonna eat some.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
What’s better than a heavy, awful period? Getting Covid during your heavy, awful period! Heck yeah let’s goooo

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
You know what else is better than a heavy, awful period? When a potential FWB's transatlantic visit coincides with your heavy, awful period.

yes I know that not getting laid isn't as bad as getting COVID, but still :cry:

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗
I'm just gonna take my light period and kinda nice day and quietly walk back out of the thread 😅

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Two weeks ago I walked into work (dr's clinic) absolutely wild-eyed and asking "if my appendix was inflamed where would it hurt" but ofc it was not my appendix. It feels like ovulation pain sometimes, other times just...awareness of something on that side. They checked my blood and urine which were clean, gave me a week of cipro, and scheduled me for an ultrasound.

Afaik nothing exciting on the ultrasound, but that was an interesting experience. They make you do the actual insertion of the probe, once it's situated they take over to get that beautiful bean footage

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

YeahTubaMike posted:

You know what else is better than a heavy, awful period? When a potential FWB's transatlantic visit coincides with your heavy, awful period.

yes I know that not getting laid isn't as bad as getting COVID, but still :cry:

God I had one long distance fwb who somehow planned every visit to perfectly align with my periods. Not on purpose. So annoying.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

xcheopis posted:

Her book Unmentionable has a chapter titled, "Menstruation: You're Doing It Wrong, which all about "How to conceal your loathsome addiction to menstruating", so of course I bought it at once.

My addiction to menstruation.

I wish I could quit you!

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

coronatae posted:

Two weeks ago I walked into work (dr's clinic) absolutely wild-eyed and asking "if my appendix was inflamed where would it hurt" but ofc it was not my appendix. It feels like ovulation pain sometimes, other times just...awareness of something on that side. They checked my blood and urine which were clean, gave me a week of cipro, and scheduled me for an ultrasound.

Afaik nothing exciting on the ultrasound, but that was an interesting experience. They make you do the actual insertion of the probe, once it's situated they take over to get that beautiful bean footage

poo poo I wish I had that experience during the 2 ultrasounds I’ve had. But nope, they just forced it in both times and traumatised me for weeks afterwards.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh man I've had dozens of ultrasounds to look at my various cysts and polyps and abnormal growths that are all over my uterus and ovaries, I forgot that's not the average experience

I seriously wish they could just do the internal one. Having my bladder ache for so long is the worst part of the experience

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

poo poo I wish I had that experience during the 2 ultrasounds I’ve had. But nope, they just forced it in both times and traumatised me for weeks afterwards.

:( I'm sorry that happened to you

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Period started Sunday, I finally have my annual exam this Friday. Told my uterus if it could have things mostly wrapped up by Friday before my appointment I’d appreciate it.

Boy howdy did it oblige. I’ve never had worse cramps before, I thought I was going to vomit. The flow has always been strong but this time? I got what I wished for, that’s for sure! Maybe I will be done by Friday!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

The one time I was scheduled for an internal ultrasound I told them I hadn't had sex before and they decided to do an external instead. Thank goodness.

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

My period just started and I am so gormless today. Just sitting here at my desk staring. Thank god I don't have any meetings.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

We really should bring back the red tent in the form of two days off every month for everyone.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Either I'm getting my period or my chronic insomnia is finally killing me off, but either way I feel like I have a horrendous hangover and I didn't drink last night

Edit: Lord Jesus and Mary Mother of God, please let it not be the 'rona

Powerful Katrinka fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 9, 2022

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Stopped posting here because I think my body felt I was gloating over my control of my period and I spent the last week traveling and having a horrible period and cramping.

That's what I deserve for thinking I was dodging something.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

The ultrasound showed a small amount of fluid in the pelvis, the PA who ordered it seems to think it will reabsorb and go away but I'm gonna hit up my OBGYN for a second opinion

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

Mad as hell at the moment because I’m currently really sick with something (not covid but something flu like which really sucks) and my period just came two days earlier than expected, which is really adding insult to injury.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

angry emu posted:

Mad as hell at the moment because I’m currently really sick with something (not covid but something flu like which really sucks) and my period just came two days earlier than expected, which is really adding insult to injury.

I hope you get well soon. :glomp:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Still spotting constantly with mirena, it's still gross. I don't track my periods either but the most recent one was not as heavy as mine have been at least. I hope i can have the best of both worlds where i don't get periods and the spotting goes away. As it is now i have to wear a pad every day which is kinda annoying. It's not enough flow for me to wear a tampon. By the end of the day it smells. I hope people don't notice :ohdear: i haven't tried scented pads so maybe that would help? Or maybe it would just create flowery vagina smell. Hmmm

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
I have phantom ovaries

Or my kidneys are dying

Wooo go the blob

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Dixville posted:

Still spotting constantly with mirena, it's still gross. I don't track my periods either but the most recent one was not as heavy as mine have been at least. I hope i can have the best of both worlds where i don't get periods and the spotting goes away. As it is now i have to wear a pad every day which is kinda annoying. It's not enough flow for me to wear a tampon. By the end of the day it smells. I hope people don't notice :ohdear: i haven't tried scented pads so maybe that would help? Or maybe it would just create flowery vagina smell. Hmmm

I wouldn't get any scented pads, I think they can cause irritation and they probably just make the blood smell worse. Maybe buy thinner pads and just change them more often throughout the day

PS: it never smells to other people the way it smells to us

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I wouldn't get any scented pads, I think they can cause irritation and they probably just make the blood smell worse. Maybe buy thinner pads and just change them more often throughout the day

That makes sense. I'm bad about forgetting to bring pads with me but i should just make a stash somewhere at work. Now i feel stupid for not thinking of just changing them. But I'm really forgetful and my job is super busy, and there are times i can't even go to the bathroom because i have to be around so it's kinda hard to remember stuff like that. But I'll try!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Dixville posted:

That makes sense. I'm bad about forgetting to bring pads with me but i should just make a stash somewhere at work. Now i feel stupid for not thinking of just changing them. But I'm really forgetful and my job is super busy, and there are times i can't even go to the bathroom because i have to be around so it's kinda hard to remember stuff like that. But I'll try!

Well, if you forget once or twice, you won't forget again after that! Plus you shouldn't go too long between bathroom breaks, that's bad for you

AbstractBlacksmith
Mar 26, 2013
Went to a new OB and she actually sat with me for 30+ min to go over the items on my chart and get my thoughts and opinions. Kinda wild, I’m not used to that! She actually listened when I said I want a hysterectomy, and didn’t give me the whole “are you sure” spiel because I was ready with ammunition to shoot that down.

So we’re scheduling a prelim ultrasound for next month, I think to get more insurance-based evidence of getting my uterus removed other than “I’m ace, I don’t use it, and I don’t want it” lol. Cautiously optimistic and also terrified because like, what if I AM approved? I never thought it could happen!

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I wasn't paying attention and got scented pads the last time I bought some, they're not great. It's not an active constant stank but when you go to the bathroom it's very peculiar and I dont like it but I gotta use the fuckers up. Do not recommend.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I have never understood scented period products. It is NOT a good scent. Mixed with blood it’s awful. It’s been like 20 years and I still have that scent memory,

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!
Shout out to my period that has been heavy as gently caress since I got the copper iud in but decided to be light this cycle, coinciding with a really awful bout of gastroenteritis. Did not want to deal with explosive poops and gore at the same time.

Do hope it’s not something tremendous like SURPRISE pregnant because holy poo poo I don’t need that kind of moral dilemma right now.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Dixville posted:

I briefly used scented pads and actually really liked them, right up until the repeated close contact made me become allergic to the scenting agent :saddumb:

Still allergic to it 15 years later, too, which was super great to find out when I bought some garbage bags that turned out to have the same agent!

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
leak proof my rear end. tell that to my sheets

ElHuevoGrande
May 21, 2006

Oh. . .

AbstractBlacksmith posted:

Went to a new OB and she actually sat with me for 30+ min to go over the items on my chart and get my thoughts and opinions. Kinda wild, I’m not used to that! She actually listened when I said I want a hysterectomy, and didn’t give me the whole “are you sure” spiel because I was ready with ammunition to shoot that down.

So we’re scheduling a prelim ultrasound for next month, I think to get more insurance-based evidence of getting my uterus removed other than “I’m ace, I don’t use it, and I don’t want it” lol. Cautiously optimistic and also terrified because like, what if I AM approved? I never thought it could happen!

Recovery for mine was fairly easy as surgeries go. And I got a fun 4k video of the surgery that showed my hosed up ovary that was almost the size of a new born baby head. Ovary baby.

Would recommend the experience.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Don't use scented liners ever for freshness or we!!

I found this out the worst way when a lover was like

Uhhh

:suicide:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I also don't care for scented pads or anything of that nature. I don't need even more crazy chemicals mixing down there and creating god knows what kind of mess and unusual smell.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

rekko posted:

I'm just gonna take my light period and kinda nice day and quietly walk back out of the thread 😅

:lol:

I did this like a week and a half ago and paid for it. I feel like even thinking about being lucky is grounds for the red tent queens to stab you right in the uterus to put you in your place again.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
It is two weeks until my period and I am living in dread of my menstrual migraine

it is coming

my topamax will do nothing to stop or mitigate it

:negative:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else get super anxiety almost to paranoid pre period? This morning I had a internal panic attack about what might be bug bites on my neck, or might well be a heat rash. And one of my ball pythons has been chilling in his water dish off and on, so might be snake mites, so I went around for about two hours this morning in a panic thinking of bedbugs and snake mites.

Why. Why do you do this to me, body!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
If anxiety translates into nonsensical anger over dumb stuff that normally has no impact on me, yes.

Though mostly I just get moody and prone to mood shifts, usually for the worse.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else get super anxiety almost to paranoid pre period? This morning I had a internal panic attack about what might be bug bites on my neck, or might well be a heat rash. And one of my ball pythons has been chilling in his water dish off and on, so might be snake mites, so I went around for about two hours this morning in a panic thinking of bedbugs and snake mites.

Why. Why do you do this to me, body!

mad anxiety/sense of doom plus usually a low grade fever, which was awesome throughout the pandemic. Well at least last period I actually did get covid so I can stop having that panic attack I guess.

jk I'll just have a panic attack about something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I got my Covid booster and then my period today. It's probably a coincidence, my period was late anyway, but I'm still a little suspicious. (Not that it really means anything, my period is all messed up on its own)