Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I bet she's not even in that loving coffin. This whole thing is just a pantomime for Scottish integration.

I saw that they're flying it from Edinburgh to London or something next.

Why not drag the corpse from English city to city for the next few days?

Edit: are all those morons on the Royal Mile just going yuk go home now after waiting hours for a car to go past them?

Good thing this didn't happen during the Fringe.

Also, maybe I'm too cynical but it feels like the majority of people there are just there to film [historical moment] than actually giving a poo poo. It's not like you'd start filming your grannies funeral would you.

Kin fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I assumed it was going to motorcade all the way back to London. Very disappointed to hear that it's not being sent to all corners of the island like William Wallaces limbs.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Celebrities should tag it off at regular intervals like the Olympic flame

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Do not post on Twitter that you plan to throw piss balloons at it.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Should have gotten the Top Gear lads to put an engine block and wheels in the coffin and race it down

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Z the IVth posted:

If he's working in Coutts surely it'd be full Gothic plate.

I wish.

It was a hardened leather armoured jack with a coat of mail beneath.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

feedmegin posted:

I used to work for a branch office of ARM and we got active shooter training.

In Loughborough.

Colleague of mine said her primary school aged kids had to do "earthquake drills" which involved the teacher closing all the doors and the children running around the classroom.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

Celebrities should tag it off at regular intervals like the Olympic flame

You have to relay it the entire length of the country and nobody is allowed to go to work until it gets to london.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
https://twitter.com/ElunedAnderson/status/1568925578220261376?t=ge2YRAs7Ok9WzFh4mN4S7A&s=19

Curly Larry and Mo

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

NoneMoreNegative posted:

so much going on in one photo

I wasn't prepared for a new season of Little Britain

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

so much going on in one photo

Same vibes

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Remembering the real 9/11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6pc-tWwccU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Normal Island

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1568989797615542273

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
even my elderly aunt who is very much a royal fan said the flowers are a waste and people should donate a fiver or a tenner to charity instead

she's not that fussed about charles, either

always thought he was a wrongun

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

i hope someone shows the proper respect to the inhabitants of this wobeshitten isle, rips that notice down and fucks it directly off into a bin

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Please leave corgi poo poo and horse betting slips instead.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

The real question here is how did Norwich city council know of the royal period of mourning in time to give an advance warning?
Is there a permanent at-ready network of reginal receivers like a soggy DEW line across the fens, backed up by a continuous 24 hour airborne AWACs system doing laps of the coastline/A148/A1065/A1066/A143, electronic eyes and human operators watching, waiting... Poised for the telltale flare of emissions across that narrow frequency band indicating the high velocity passage of royalty through the lower atmosphere.
Or is it something even more sinister...
Do we need answers? Can we handle the truth?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

DesperateDan posted:

i hope someone shows the proper respect to the inhabitants of this wobeshitten isle, rips that notice down and fucks it directly off into a bin

furiously shagging a sign to spite norwich city council

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

even my elderly aunt who is very much a royal fan said the flowers are a waste and people should donate a fiver or a tenner to charity instead

she's not that fussed about charles, either

always thought he was a wrongun

They never even bother removing the cellophane from the flowers the lazy tossers

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

two words my friend: derrick bird

I mean I'm not saying it's never happened in this country, but once a decade+, over the entire territory of the UK, and I might add storming nobody's workplace? :shobon:

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

furiously shagging a sign to spite norwich city council

if people chip in for my petrol, aye why not

southend borough council already fear me

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Eh plate has encumbrance penalties if you're not spec'd for it

Mind you I usually played a bard

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

feedmegin posted:

I mean I'm not saying it's never happened in this country, but once a decade+, over the entire territory of the UK, and I might add storming nobody's workplace? :shobon:

it was a joke but you might want to think about that frequency given northern ireland is included in the territory of the UK lol

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Eh plate has encumbrance penalties if you're not spec'd for it

Mind you I usually played a bard

A lute and a velure vest with puffed sleeves it is then. ;)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

it was a joke but you might want to think about that frequency given northern ireland is included in the territory of the UK lol

Yeah ok fair. I did specifically say Loughborough, though :shobon:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

"If you want my views on history then there's something you should know
The three men I admire most are Gordon, Kieth and Tone"

- Centrists, probably

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

Yeah ok fair. I did specifically say Loughborough, though :shobon:
Lough Beragh

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

There's a reason GPs append "NFN" to prescription notes you know

"Normal For Norfolk"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tony Howard, Jeffrey Donaldson, and half of Boris' shoulder.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

From the replies:

https://twitter.com/BiIlyHolidayFan/status/1568926264861376515?t=o0O-95clgm5E3fzQGKmiBQ&s=19

Attlee on the bumper cars. I just like the pic

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Even if you like liberal managerialism I think it's very hard to point at blair, brown, and starmer and actually come away with any accomplishment worth a drat compared to the entire history of PMs to choose from.

Unless you're a big war fan I guess.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The minimum wage, sure start, the national lottery, gambling deregulation, devolution.

Triumphant legacy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1568942509677592577

:allears:

[edit] https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1568980209461854209

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 11, 2022

deano
Sep 6, 2000

honestly we just get the rubbish cleaned up and the place looking normal again and they decide to leave a corpse laying about, bloody tourists and their throw away sovereignir's

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Look we know you disagree, and we respect your right to disagree, but this, the most opportune moment to disagree, is not the moment to disagree, have some respect.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Single use disposable sovereign

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao at all the monarchists complaining the republicans are disrespectful.

Like yes, that's the point, that monarchy does not deserve respect, that you should not go about putting on airs and graces for some "king" who reckons he's better than everyone else cos of who his family is or because he was "appointed by god" or whatever.

Also "you shouldn't have come if you don't like it" when they've got some oiks shooting cannons and yelling in the middle of one of the largest cities in the country, they probably loving live there, you weirdos are the ones who traveled.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 11, 2022

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I dunno how many of you are familiar with utility theory in economics, but it struck me today that the death of a monarch will have greater national utility than their life.

This is purely down to the day off that most people in the UK are likely to get when they die.

That's like 60 odd million folk so, 60 odd million days or 164 thousand years of utility.

I'm sure they make some people happy with their events and occasional charity involvement/Christmas speech and you have the superfans that probably praise their existence every day, but I'm not sure if it would balance it out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You are wildly overestimating how many people work jobs that guarantee them a bank holiday off.

Pretty much all of the shops stay open, pretty much any function of a business that is customer facing stays open, and it goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Kin posted:

I dunno how many of you are familiar with utility theory in economics, but it struck me today that the death of a monarch will have greater national utility than their life.

This is purely down to the day off that most people in the UK are likely to get when they die.

That's like 60 odd million folk so, 60 odd million days or 164 thousand years of utility.

I'm sure they make some people happy with their events and occasional charity involvement/Christmas speech and you have the superfans that probably praise their existence every day, but I'm not sure if it would balance it out.

Children don't work? Yet.