Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Hugely enjoying all the media members who say the colts will run away with the division every single year saying that a forty five year old Matt Ryan is going to vault the colts into the drivers seat. Ok!!

It's even funnier they are saying the colts are likely making the afccg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Every one of their skill position groups is worse than ours but lol sure. Go off kings

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It is bizarre that media outlets favor the Colts, a team that hasn't swept the Jags in nearly a decade and is constantly riding the QB carasoul in the post-Luck era, over the team that just got the #1 seed in the stacked AFC despite most our offensive options being dead for parts of the year (and that also swept the Colts). We're definitely not repeating that feat, but it'll take a ton of injuries and bad luck to lose the division at this rate.

It's also weird that everyone's so down on Tannehill when he's actually solid in the regular season. Hell, he had pretty much no one to work with in the second half of the season and still managed to keep things competitive. It's mainly the playoffs where he chokes under the pressure, in the regular season the guy can win games.

That said I'm glad we're going with Malik, guy looks like a stud.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Tannehill is OK. He's like the Kirk Cousins of the AFC to me and I have nothing against him. He's fun to watch and has made the most of his talent but he's not carrying any team loving anywhere.

I just don't see this squad really doing much and can honestly see them taking a step back here. I love Derrick Henry but he's wracking up miles and I don't see a lot of weapons. But I'm wrong all the time so whatever. We'll see.

Nothing would surprise me in this division beyond any of them really making a run in the playoffs. The AFC is rough and I think the entirety of the AFCW is better than any of the four teams we're kicking around here but someone is gonna win this and if it was Tennessee I wouldn't be shocked or anything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts have a very good team all around. Definitely weak at the WR spot, but they made some good upgrades to their defense. They'll be better than they were last year.

poo poo, even if they trotted out Blue at QB I think they'd be better just by virtue of it not being Wentz.

All they need from Ryan is to not suck absolute poo poo and make the right reads. They'll ride the running game as far as it will take them.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

my texans prediction is: dameon pierce is going to be good. perhaps if the offensive line is also good.... hahaha though

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Codependent Poster posted:

Colts have a very good team all around. Definitely weak at the WR spot, but they made some good upgrades to their defense. They'll be better than they were last year.

poo poo, even if they trotted out Blue at QB I think they'd be better just by virtue of it not being Wentz.

All they need from Ryan is to not suck absolute poo poo and make the right reads. They'll ride the running game as far as it will take them.

That more or less describes Ryan so even though I don't see him as a difference maker, I think he's got enough in the tank. lndy has a good coach IMO.

I think JAX will be slightly up just based on the coaching upgrade and Trevor developing with better weapons. Titans slightly down and Houston scraping the bottom in the worst division in the AFC.

Jags have no where to go but up, really. Tennessee seems to have lost too much and seems due for a drop but I've seen Vrabel over perform before so the Titans pulling of another 10 or 11 wins somehow isn't impossible. I just can't see it. Indy is probably the same and that'll be good enough I think. Ryan is Rivers 2.0 and that worked.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
big jeff

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Big Jeff

This

This

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Matt Ryan :geno:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

davis mills

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Urban Meyer!?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No. He has been banned.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Trevor bust

:hmmyes:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Molden is hurt? https://twitter.com/TDavenport_NFL/status/1568326517830082561?t=kqJoiyMZysWWOOZGQnoyIQ&s=19

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah, broken dick

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/benyarthur/status/1568333149507051520?s=20&t=i2NmbyuLizqvM8nj1x7yRA

Moldens dick is gnarled and ruint

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

In the interest of posting some actual content:

https://www.si.com/nfl/titans/news/tennessee-titans-nfl-roger-mccreary-loves-baked-beans

This man is the AFC South personified and I already love him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm excited to have a boring but probably good QB.

But I'm more excited to see Jonathan Taylor make some cool runs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Broke his dick in team solidarity since Vrabel's gonna chop his off in a few months.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
TITAN UP MOTHERFUCKERS

IT IS GAME DAY

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i wil be happy if the texans lose a competitive game today, however, i doubt it will be close.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titan up baby

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not loving this gtame so far.... dameon pierce looks awesome breaking tackles 1000 yards behind the line of scrimmage though, love seeing those turn into 2 yard gains

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

not loving this gtame so far.... dameon pierce looks awesome breaking tackles 1000 yards behind the line of scrimmage though, love seeing those turn into 2 yard gains

Ah the bishop sankey experience

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

So when do the colts play today

Yes i know theyre currently in halftime

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

why the gently caress did the titans get rid of aj brown?

dude's incredible.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Kirios posted:

dude's incredible.

because they are dumb.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

dude's incredible.

I DON'T loving KNOW

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They traded AJ Brown for AJ Brown at home and I will never understand why.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Also, Colts have gone from ruining number one picks to jumping onto vets who are burnt up, don't really know where you go to quarterback from here out.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

maybe big ben will unretire and play for the colts next year

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Kirios posted:

They traded AJ Brown for AJ Brown at home and I will never understand why.

Money, injuries

It’s gonna take more time than one half of Week 1 football to determine if it was a bad trade imho

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Also, Colts have gone from ruining number one picks to jumping onto vets who are burnt up, don't really know where you go to quarterback from here out.

They’re probably gonna draft Hendon Hooker, because it will pain me, as a Tennessean

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hugely enjoying all the media members who say the colts will run away with the division every single year saying that a forty five year old Matt Ryan is going to vault the colts into the drivers seat. Ok!!

Just lolling at this again as they are getting dominated by Houston

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I question the sanity of anyone who doesn't think the Titans will coast to the division title by 4+ games this year.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
their queen may be dead but the KING is back

titan up mfers.

e:
https://twitter.com/YEAMFKA/status/1569014138663313408

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Titan the gently caress up

Also lol indy eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Just lolling at this again as they are getting dominated by Houston

Yeah it owns. Happy for the Texans fans who are still left, gonna go enjoy some podcasts anointing Frank reich as the big offensive guru master