Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Wtf killing big thunder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

worms butthole guy posted:

Wtf killing big thunder

Yeah I can't figure out if this is an expansion or replacement.

edit: Villain-land?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Ugh rip dinosaur I guess

My sister still holds a grudge that her favorite Epcot ride was replaced by Frozen, if they replace her favorite AK ride with Zootopia I don’t know what she’ll do

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Disney is so desperate. I hope Universal loving murders them with Epic Worlds

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

It sounds like all this is just future posibilites, and it’s not like Disney doesn’t have a long record of announcing things and then not doing them. Who knows what any of this will look like.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So they keep saying this new area in MK is 'beyond' Big Thundermountain' so it does sound like a new land. There's plenty of room there so no reason to axe rides, especially at MK.

edit: Assuming any of this happens. Remember all the poo poo they planned for Epcot pre-COVID?

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I would say Dinoland is more than likely to happen. I don't understand why they would waste money on Encanto when it was a forgettable movie

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I would say Dinoland is more than likely to happen. I don't understand why they would waste money on Encanto when it was a forgettable movie

It was a huge hit.

Definitely seems like something is going to happen with Dinoland. Also, that guy headed up the major expansion of Fantasyland, so it does seem likely they have something of an expansion at MK planned.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

It sure seems like Disney’s end goal is that every ride must have a movie. For a select few notable names they got to have a movie made of them but everything else will be replaced or adjusted until every ride is an IP

this sucks

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Dinoland loving sucks, has from day one, and deserves the bulldozers.

Like, yeah, okay, it is some sort of perverse triumph of Imagineering that they built a convincingly dingy, low-rent, crap amusement park out of nothing, complete with an age-cracked parking lot ot sit on. It's still a dingy, low-rent, crap amusement park.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Dinoland loving sucks, has from day one, and deserves the bulldozers.

Like, yeah, okay, it is some sort of perverse triumph of Imagineering that they built a convincingly dingy, low-rent, crap amusement park out of nothing, complete with an age-cracked parking lot ot sit on. It's still a dingy, low-rent, crap amusement park.

Aside from the Dinosaur ride yeah it sucks. The frustration is that instead of re-imagining it as Dino-land 2.0 it's just going to be bunch of IP rides.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jose Oquendo posted:

At the start of the show he literally said 'sometimes we don't get everything right' and then announced the return of Happily Ever After.

LMAO my wife just called me all excited about this.

I maintain that, in a less horrible timeline, Enchantment would have followed Wishes, and the Happily Ever After would come along for the 50th and blown everybody's loving minds.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Quick question- are there any Wall-E things/murals/attractions/statues at Disney World? My kid is super into it but it doesn’t sound like there’s anything much there. Even a little interactive thing would make her day.

Granted, the pretty anti-consumerist message in the movie isn’t really the best for making a bunch of merch or whatever, but any hints would be welcome.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

BadSamaritan posted:

Quick question- are there any Wall-E things/murals/attractions/statues at Disney World? My kid is super into it but it doesn’t sound like there’s anything much there. Even a little interactive thing would make her day.

Granted, the pretty anti-consumerist message in the movie isn’t really the best for making a bunch of merch or whatever, but any hints would be welcome.

Not that I know of. The only thing I can think off the top of my head is a Wall-e mouse ears hat. You can get one of those customized with your kids name on the back. I'm sure they'd love it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Aside from the Dinosaur ride yeah it sucks. The frustration is that instead of re-imagining it as Dino-land 2.0 it's just going to be bunch of IP rides.
I like IP rides. I’m still peeved that the sum total of representation Tangled gets is a goddamn rest area.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah why is tangled ignored for loving coco and Encanto. Especially Coco, that movie was a wet fart

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't take long for my enthusiasm for the Disney Parks to die again.

It's very clear that they don't give a poo poo and are just going to dump IP marketing wherever they can fit it. Zootopia does NOT fit at DAK at all and anyone who thinks it does hasn't thought about it or the park's theme/message even slightly. Moana fits even less, and WHY build MORE Moana when they're already making GBS threads up Epcot with it?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Tangled is getting a ride in Paris apparently

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

It's very clear that they don't give a poo poo and are just going to dump IP marketing wherever they can fit it. Zootopia does NOT fit at DAK at all and anyone who thinks it does hasn't thought about it or the park's theme/message even slightly. Moana fits even less, and WHY build MORE Moana when they're already making GBS threads up Epcot with it?

This.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tangled had its own spinoff musical series and its own feature in HEA, the gently caress are you guys talking about

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Moana fits in AK better than Zootopia or Wakanda. It’s about harmony with nature.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

BlueBayou posted:

Moana fits in AK better than Zootopia or Wakanda. It’s about harmony with nature.

Hmm, I guess you're right. But if they follow through with this it'll be two areas in two parks with the same premise.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hmm, I guess you're right. But if they follow through with this it'll be two areas in two parks with the same premise.

And? Epcot already does that with the Land pavilion, with The Seas and Living with the Land.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Did they really say they're dumping Harmonious

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I think those were the most vaguest/blurry/spotty/Jackson Pollock concept art they made yet so far, for all these blue sky ideas, which I get is probably the point.

Think they're trying to overtake any Epic Universe momentum by just spitballing in public and ABC and non-industry News just churns out all this info as concrete when more than half wont happen/already been in development/announced.

https://twitter.com/PodcastTheRide/status/1569038485331542016

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I’ve got some ulterior motives here, but a Wall-E conservation exhibit would fit in Animal Kingdom :colbert:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Hazo posted:

And? Epcot already does that with the Land pavilion, with The Seas and Living with the Land.

In the same park. In the same area of the park. M'oana slightly fits with both but that doesn't mean it should be in both.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

In the same park. In the same area of the park. M'oana slightly fits with both but that doesn't mean it should be in both.

I don't see the problem. And I hate to say this, but inevitably something needs to be done with the Pixar/Figment building area to build up the eco-friendly message of the Land side.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Hazo posted:

I don't see the problem. And I hate to say this, but inevitably something needs to be done with the Pixar/Figment building area to build up the eco-friendly message of the Land side.

The problem is there's no point in having four theme parks that are supposed to be distinctly different in theme/purpose if they all get slight variations of the same things dumped into them.

IP over-saturation is a bigger problem. Up until the 2010's there was always a nice balance of original experience and IP-based. The balance is long gone and keeps getting worse.

The Imagination pavilion is not part of "World Nature" although that was just the weird way they configured the new lands to make it work. IMO Future World should have just been renamed "World Discovery" and not be divided into three areas.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Lol Disney is so desperate. I hope Universal loving murders them with Epic Worlds

What imaginary world do you live in? The only thing worse than the presentation was your posts about it.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

I don't understand why they would waste money on Encanto when it was a forgettable movie

Yeah why is tangled ignored for loving coco and Encanto. Especially Coco, that movie was a wet fart
🤔

honestly, after a rough trip early this year my excitement for Disney parks was quite low, but this presentation got me a little excited for the Thanos multiverse ride and San Fransokyo

so there's that. see you whenever these open in ~2025 (?), DCA

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

WHY build MORE Moana when they're already making GBS threads up Epcot with it?

Because Moana owns

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Is there a summary of the presentation anywhere?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

DC Murderverse posted:

Tangled is getting a ride in Paris apparently

It's a teacup clone, lmao

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Zootopia does NOT fit at DAK at all and anyone who thinks it does hasn't thought about it or the park's theme/message even slightly.

It's been very obvious for a while now that maintaining the parks individual identities isn't something that particularly concerns them. It was only a matter of time until something broke AK's near-perfect batting average with theming. Honestly, some of the cracks have been there for a while, it's just that the experiences are good enough that we don't really mind. Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo The Musical only barely speak to AK's central ideas, if at all.

CapnAndy posted:

Is there a summary of the presentation anywhere?

A bit blurry but you can make it out. I was sorta lukewarm on the presentation until I saw this, which I think shows how empty their plans for the next few years are, at least domestically. The fact that character meets, new shops, and a copy of a single animatronic are line items along side their new roller coasters and major expansions at overseas parks is...not great.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It's a teacup clone, lmao

To the surprise of literally no one, DisneySea has it covered.

And because it's DisneySea, it will probably deliver an incredible ride.

Boxman fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 12, 2022

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Is the Play Pavilion dead again? I thought there had been work being done on it still

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Last night, Rise was a walk on so my friend and I jumped in the line. Once we got to the interrogation bit, there was a guy live streaming the ride and being super obnoxious about it. He was hamming it up to get reactions out of the First Order people. He talked throughout the ride. Just generally the worst. People have live streamed this ride years ago. You aren’t covering new ground. Just shut it down and enjoy the ride, man.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Fav ride at Epcot was the Norway troll boat? They had like 4 rides at that time!

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

if you don't like Spaceship Earth the best what the hell is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I miss Bradbury earth that's what