Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Lions scored 35 points on what should be a very good defense...

With a negative turnover differential and no real short fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*watches Rodgers get frustrated with the offense as I go into full-on Sickos YES YES Mode*

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Couldn't watch the game because of UK reasons, but how did Okudah look? Because I really want him to have a good, injury free season

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Lol packers

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Jefferson has 158 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Couldn't watch the game because of UK reasons, but how did Okudah look? Because I really want him to have a good, injury free season

I think he's CB1 on this team.

He was mostly on Devonta Smith that had no catches. Also the big catch by AJ Brown over Will Harris happened when Okudah went off for an injury or something.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Malaria posted:

I mean he torched whatever CB was on him. Sooo you can try and look at as a positive I guess. He looks real fast.

Devin Hester also regularly torched guys

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Justin Jefferson is pretty good y'all. So is Harrison Smith.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Darth Brooks posted:

Justin Jefferson is pretty good y'all. So is Harrison Smith.

Harrison Smith with hair is something I will never get used to

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU4Hw-xbBNo

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

If I was the general manager of the Packers I would have simply signed Adams to new deal and look like a genius.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
They tried that, dude was never going to stay in green bay.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Sorry but the madder Aaron gets at his own guys the funnier it becomes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aaron gonna start delivering Diamond Cutters to his O-line and wideouts at this rate.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1569087883738243074

:rant:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Truly a glorious day for football

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Bears new Twitter header rules

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Lions looked about as good as they could, MCDC has to take the blame for that boneheaded onside in the 3rd. I get he was trying to manufacture some momentum or whatever but they had been playing catch up not leading.

Good to know they can score 30 cause that is about what its gonna take to win games with that secondary.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Bears new Twitter header rules

:yeah:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean you can rag on the onside kick and the defense but if Goff doesn't panic and throw a pick 6, they probably win.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Whoa Rodgers got picked off twice? And the Saints beat them by 35? I've seen enough, he's cooked

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Been a tough week for guys who look like this

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

BGrifter posted:

:hmbol:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Rodgers worst NFCN QB.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Why would they throw twice with one yard to gain and the game on the line? The Packers had been running all over the Vikings all game, and then they go with an empty backfield on 4th and 1?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

When you have a QB like Aaron Rodgers you dont need fancy WRs like Davante Adams.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

tinstaach posted:

Whoa Rodgers got picked off twice? And the Saints beat them by 35? I've seen enough, he's cooked

Yeah... Also, the biggest problem is he's getting pressured/sacked. Well he has two o-line man out. No guarantee either one makes it back, though. I'm beginning to think Bahk's career could be over.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1569102313477767169

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

2 games against the Bear’s secondary give him a pretty good shot to beat the record

you’re welcome Vikings fans

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Wow, Rodgers got benched!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I know this will all come crashing down next week when the Packers whoop the Bears, but I'm gonna enjoy this for now :toot:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hard to lipread but there's a "loving catch it" and "there(?) and THAT!" in there.

Lots of mistakes in the game:
  • Obviously Watson's first drop that could've gone for a TD guaranteed
  • That goal line stand where the team went shotgun for 4th and 1
  • Rodgers forcing it to Tonyan on 4th and 2 instead of taking the first down
  • Whatever was going on with the interior of the offensive line. Not sure why Tom didn't get the RG start.

Hopefully Bakh/Jenkins will come back for next week and Rodgers can iron out whatever has him all twisted up with the receivers.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I know this will all come crashing down next week when the Packers whoop the Bears, but I'm gonna enjoy this for now :toot:

The secret is to always enjoy it to its fullest.

Because like with all Chicago teams disappointment is right around the corner.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Bears gonna get curb stomped next week but it'll be a sweet 7 days until then

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BGrifter posted:

A brittle old man who blames everybody around him instead of taking a shred of self accountability and is rapidly running out of time in his sport and CM Punk!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MJeff posted:

A brittle old man who blames everybody around him instead of taking a shred of self accountability and is rapidly running out of time in his sport and CM Punk!

Lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

BGrifter posted:

It's even crazier when you hear the audio from Rodgers on the sidelines

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Apart from the ingame stuff it's becoming highly concerning how consistently lifeless the Packers look after:
  • starting the season
  • coming off a bye
  • traveling to California
  • traveling to Florida

This points to a serious coaching problem that I don't know if LaFleur has the capacity to recognize and fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SKULL.GIF posted:

Apart from the ingame stuff it's becoming highly concerning how consistently lifeless the Packers look after:
  • starting the season
  • coming off a bye
  • traveling to California
  • traveling to Florida

This points to a serious coaching problem that I don't know if LaFleur has the capacity to recognize and fix.

I'd add that they also have a real problem with collapsing once they're down a score or two.