Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kirios posted:

Well I'd say it shouldn't have been this close but a win's a win, especially in week one.

Congrats Titans fans.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Whoosh

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
put more people in the preseason next time assholes

not going to sweat it, but the curse is complete: my alma mater and my professional rooting interest cannot win in the same weekend. it is verboten.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Fat randy you have one goddamn job

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Unreal

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I see Metapod in the paint right now, all by himself. He looks worried, nervous.

I'm leading a fastbreak right now and there's no one to help him out. He's by himself.

He's gonna get posterized.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Remember when our offensive was actually good?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lmao this loving team. Every goddamn year with this SAME BULLSHIT

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Remember when our offensive was actually good?

I actually thought Tannehill looked better this game than he did for most of last year. But a lot of stupid plays, and then the defense just let the Giants have way too many explosive plays. Anyway, I'm sure AJ Brown had a bad game, so no regrets, what's that? Why's my phone buzzing?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

*furiously high fiving every Colt fan*

WE'RE IN FIRST PLAY BAYBEE!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/t5Odz91F97c

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

you know who would've won that game, that's right, JALON DANIELS, anyway, i'll hang up and listen

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Kirios posted:

*furiously high fiving every Colt fan*

WE'RE IN FIRST PLAY BAYBEE!

this is why you play for a tie, we did it!!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Fire Todd Downing

Into the sun

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This deserves to be preserved from the GDT:

Codependent Poster posted:

Congrats to the AFC South who did not win a game this week even though two teams in the division played each other

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Literally the jets script all over again I'm tired of it lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts (and Texans) on top, baby!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I cannot get over how bad the playcalling and endgame clock management was

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Glad the titans payed Derrick Henry all that money to NOT hand him the ball on 3rd and 1 to ice the game away. Good play calls all around

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Also Henry looked cooked. He got smacked near the goal line and went soft the rest of the game. Didn’t look into it at all

Edit: lol maybe that’s why he didn’t get the ball

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 12, 2022

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Your relentless doom posting about the Titans has no place in the mega thread for the worst division in football.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how funny would it be if all the AFC south teams tied each other this season

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm all for it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I thought henry looked solid giants did a good job not letting him make the big play

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The game ball for the giants goes to certified moron todd downing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

There was some rust but the players themselves seemed fine. Play design is rear end, fire Downing please.

Otherwise Tits got blown out week 1 last year and still got the 1 seed, we ain't doing that again but we'll be fine.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The cute poo poo on 3rd and short multiple times was ridiculous

Also do not get why Kyle Phillips was the guy tannehill lasered in on that was really weird

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

The cute poo poo on 3rd and short multiple times was ridiculous

Also do not get why Kyle Phillips was the guy tannehill lasered in on that was really weird

They loved him in camp. He was open. I think he played great, muffed kick aside, he had a massive catch in the last drive to get down the field, and at least once caught one in the middle of the field and got lit the gently caress up while holding onto the ball.

Treylon played well too. John Glennon tweeted that dude was second only to Deebo Samuels on separation created.

Robert Woods was quiet, and I am not sure why Vrabel has such a hard on for Swaim. That’s the guy I’m clueless as to why they’re focused on. Dude let a pass through his hands and doink off his dumb face for an easy gain.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I thought Phillips played well but like why is ending the game with twice as many targets as anyone else lol that's just odd to me

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

I am no longer confident that Lawrence will manage to have a better second season than Bortles. Yesterdays game was miserable to watch, not seeing much progression from last season. 2x dumbass intentional grounding and then that last interception to literally throw away one of their most winnable games of the season.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Trevor bust

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Teva posted:

I am no longer confident that Lawrence will manage to have a better second season than Bortles. Yesterdays game was miserable to watch, not seeing much progression from last season. 2x dumbass intentional grounding and then that last interception to literally throw away one of their most winnable games of the season.

Agree. Trevor does a few nice things here and there but from a basic eye test standpoint I'm not seeing it either.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
RIP Hot Rod, he never scored

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I haven't been to a Jags game in a few years and haven't been to another stadium in like a decade but are every stadium's policies like this?

quote:

Mobile ticketing is being used for the game. Fans should download their tickets and have them ready to be scanned when they get to their respective gates to get into the stadium.

Remember, once inside, you cannot use cash for anything.

Big bags or purses are not allowed into the stadium.

The NFL clear bags are acceptable as the clear bag policy is in effect.

Each fan can bring a small bag, as long as it is no bigger than 4.5 inches x 6.5 inches in size.

It's weird that printed tickets are non existent. What if you have an extra one and want to sell it? What if my phone breaks, loses its charge or gets misplaced? And why can't I pay cash for a $12 lovely bud light and a $7 bag of popcorn?

Why can't people bring a purse? I wouldn't want to leave mine in the car for 4 hours unattended.

I swear, the last time I went to a Jags game the stadium did everything in its power to make the experience as miserable as possible right down the line, not even counting the performance of the XFL level team on the field. I swore I'd never go back and that sentiment is common among other people I know. You CAN bring your own water bottle now which you couldn't when I went so that's something anyway.

This franchise needs to be bending over backward for its fans. They should pay US to go down there and watch that poo poo in 95 degree weather, not figuring out ways to make it more difficult.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Have you been to any large event lately? No cash and no big purses is pretty normal

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Pimpcasso posted:

Have you been to any large event lately? No cash and no big purses is pretty normal

I guess not. At least not since Covid hit, no.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'm starting to think the Colts are bad and Matt Ryan is not the answer.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Clear bag policy has been around since like 9/11

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I'm starting to think the Colts are bad and Matt Ryan is not the answer.

Wow who would have thought lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

Clear bag policy has been around since like 9/11

Right, and I don't bring a bag in anyway. I was talking about people, mostly women, who carry purses and don't recall exactly when that was disallowed but it's possible I just missed it as a non purse carrier.